PDA

View Full Version : Hey all Defiance players in Europe...

TheWatcher
7th Feb 2004, 01:03
Just out of curiosity, who are some of the voice actors doing the different language translations? Anyone we here in the US would know? If so, what character(s) are they doing?

Dark_Child
8th Feb 2004, 11:35
That's a difficult question, because their names are not mentioned in the Credits or the manual, so you have to recognize voices and search the web for the names.

TheWatcher
8th Feb 2004, 17:05
Oh well. I got the idea to check for 'voice talent' on the German and French areas of legacyofkain.com and got nothing there, either. They're probably no-name voice actors, anyway. Thanks.

Sotos
8th Feb 2004, 17:49
Unfortunately the voices they are not based on Hollywood like American actors in the European version :(

The voices are less cool from the American version unfortunately but not bad at all (talking compared to the UK version)

Dark_Child
9th Feb 2004, 12:00
I know that the german voice actor of Raziel is also an actor, but he is only known in germany.

I only know:
Udo Schenk (Raziel): Very famous voice actor, he is nearly always the voice of bad guys. Kevin Bacon in Sleepers or Hollow Man, Weyun (Star Trek-DSN) and so on

Martin Kessler (Kain): He is also a very famous voice actor, standart voice of Nicholas Cage, voice of Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell)

I like the German voices very much, I think they're as good the original. Only the translation is sometimes a bit strange.:rolleyes:

If you are on the German site of legacyofkain.com, you can hear them. Clic on Galerie -> Audio Files, if you clic there on a certain charakter you can hear the voice from Raziel, Vorador etc.:)