PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Just Completed Defiance :)

bish
6th Feb 2004, 21:36
hi

as the subject says, i am proud to announce that i have just completed defiance.

i have to say i thought it was very good. i liked the way the camera moved and played. i thought the fighting was excellent, great combos and the like.

dimension reaver was my particular favourite reaver weapon

a lot of people have posted that they had problems all the time, with the camera angles for jumps etc, but i can say that i never had any glitches or problems when i palyed. and as for the problem with people not making jumps, there is the first person view so you can line up the jumps, pretty easily solved i'd say.

the only SLIGHTLY bad thing with the game was with the forging of the reaver loads of times, and the emblems for kain. after doing the same areas over and over did get a bit repetitive. but this isn't enough to bring the games enjoyment level down.

making players work for their new combos was a great idea. i got a real sense of satisfaction when i 'levelled up' so to speak with the new combo move. chaining all those moves together, that is art.

there isn't much that needs to be said about the storyline for the legacy of kain games, it is consistently amazing to say the least. in fact, it is the storyline that i mainly play for.

and last but definetly not least, the graphics. absolutely beautiful. and the camera system helped show it to its full. a bit jumpy at some points on my ps2 but that just shows that the console is getting a bit dated for the new generation of games that are being produced.

overall i think this game is a resounding victory.

and kain's smile at the end just before getting moebius, hilariously weird

congratulations defiance team, another excellent game.

only a few more years to wait for the next one :(

cheers

bish

NeoDodge
6th Feb 2004, 21:52
I finished the game yesterday myself, played it on PC, and I must say I mostly agree with you, though the cameras were basically the thing that pissed me off the most through the game.

My particular favorite weapons are the water reaver (shame that it comes this late. I love frozen enemies) and the darkness reaver (guess who's there ?). Too bad that I didn't really get the time to enjoy the Time Reaver. Only unleashed its fury twice but damn, it sure kicked ass !

And that fight ! My god, a true moment of history being written ! Kain vs. Raziel, Kain's defeat and Raziel's madness, I could not help dropping my jaws. Congratulations CD, I truly LOVED that game ! Even though the fight against the old tentacled imposter for a god was one of the most frustrating pieces of fight I went through in the history of video games... And Moebius being killed twice in a row was one of the most satisfying moments I've ever lived...

Serves him right :p .

I'm not going to forget this experience so soon. Yet, I'm not going after the missed bonuses right away. I'm going to wait a bit before replaying the game. My fists have had enough hitting the walls for the time being. :D

Raz
6th Feb 2004, 22:58
I finished LoK: Defiance today at 5:30pm (I remember the time?! Well, I s'pose I'm allowed to... I've waited long enough!), and I flamin' love the game!

I'll definitely be going through again. I had next to no problem with the cam, and I love it. Same can be said for the story too, though the forging of the Reaver became a little repetitive, and during the first half of the game, it was too often. Other than that, I love it! It's a crackin' addition to the series! (*cough*and it helps clear up some of the problems caused by Blood Omen 2*cough*) :D

garbagefanuk
6th Feb 2004, 23:20
I haven't finished it yet, I've saved it at Voradors mansion, I have to say i'm abit let down actually. I'm not sure what it is. It just doesn't feel like LoK. The architecture on some chapers remind me of Blood Omen 2 which was weird, the camera angle is actually bad and i do use the 3rd person camera rotation to look about and stuff but since i'm normally looking at him from straight on i can't see anything ahead of me with it which makes it harder. The story is very shaky so far...... what little i have. It just seems that the story isn't centred now so i'm finding it hard to get in with the character. For levels this large a map would have been useful. I mean REALLY useful, i swear i ran back and forwards over the same place a thousand times because i couldn't find the route to where i needed to be. The Sarafan Stronghold was the worst and that was only the first level :confused: Raziel doesn't seem to even care much anyway. In SR2 it felt like he was putting his heart and soul into his adventure with his lines. Defiance just sounds like he's as bored as i am waiting for the next bit of story to pop up... I'll see how it plays out.

Kain's Ancient Blade
7th Feb 2004, 00:58
garbagefanuk finish the game first.

bish
7th Feb 2004, 05:06
i managed to get all the bonuses on the first run through! how may you ask? i have no idea myself, in fact. just lucky i guess.

but one thing that is missing from the bonuses, one of the cut scenes:

the one where raziel is talking to the elder before getting the spirit reaver, when raz says the ancients commited suicide to get away from his voice :) the elder does go on about the agonising cycle of birth, death and rebirth quite a bit. someone get me my piece of long rope, pleeeaassse :)

great cut scene, but why was it ommttied from the dark chronicle?? someone offer any ideas?

bish

Jeffers
7th Feb 2004, 19:28
Well I finished it today, a couple of hours ago, and was absolutly ammazed by the attention to detail taken in putting this together and linking in pretty much ALL of the unkown links, and basically linking all the games together.

I must admit that at certain points, I was wondering where the game was going to go:

especially after the fight between Kain and Raziel

So, carry on doing it CD, so what is going to happen next? ;)

Jeffers

Kains_Queen
8th Feb 2004, 19:13
This game Rox my sox!! i finished it not long ago. Jeffers get yourself into the chat room i need to talk to you!! :D

My fave bit????????

Is when both Kain and Raziel kill Mobius i have to confess i punched the celing and yelled yayyyyyy!! Though i hoped it would end differently.....:( I liked the reaver forges though i did get a bit lost with Kain in there at some point. And after the Kain/Raziel battle my jaw hit the floor i was so shocked by the outcome, i never expected that at all!

Go CD!! lets have a new game sometime in the next millenium.....

WraithStar
8th Feb 2004, 19:29
I finished it a while ago, and I have to say that

when Moebius gets killed twice in a row was definitely a really good scene. I'm sitting there, watching Kain say, "This is not a debate," and then I'm thinking, 'Wait, Raziel's right here in Spectral, right? Hmm...'

Too cool :D

Kains_Queen
8th Feb 2004, 19:52
Hmmmm y'know i think this is becoming the most popular scene in defiance!! loads of people are saying it's their fave scene and i totally agree :D

WraithStar
9th Feb 2004, 00:04
Yeah, I think that one and the one where Kain says "What in the Hell?" are definitely the most memorable scenes, although I liked everything a lot.:D
(And just to clarify, for me, "memorable scenes" are usually restricted to happy/funny scenes.)

bish
9th Feb 2004, 00:37
yeah, another good thing about that scene is

moebius isn't just killed twice in that scene, he's just been killed before by kain - in blood omen. 3 times poor guy, in fact i take that back. he had it coming. :)

bish

WraithStar
9th Feb 2004, 05:03
Third time's the charm:p

van_HellSing PL
9th Feb 2004, 05:27
OMG! They killed Moeby! You bast... Ah, wait, I hate him too :D