Anyone else getting error 1017?

Char: Nobre Aura
Server: Behemoth (NA)

Raphaelgp
18th Aug 2013, 19:19
Same as here..

Tratoras
25th Aug 2013, 17:00
it wont even let you que into the server.... just dumps you back into the start screen..... Im not one to normally complain, i dont mind waiting as long as i can stand in line to get in, but being dumped back to the start screen over and over again after all the fail thats happened in the past 24 hrs with this not so head start launch is just frustrating. I truly love this game, ive been there to beta test it all the way through and ive seen it progress to something i find to be a work of art, But the way the servers are being run and all the stupid bugs which keep popping up.... i almost think the harder they attempt to fix things... the more they break it. This head start has been so fail i almost feel like they shouldnt have even offered it. between all the emergency shutdowns and downtime... im not sure what this launch is a head start too.... maybe the garbage can?

Tratoras
25th Aug 2013, 17:01
AND the worlds for NA/EU just all went down again after only being up for like 10 mins lol..... wtf SE

Grommy
25th Aug 2013, 20:58
Why can't I be put in a queue? Why do I have to keep clicking like an idiot to try and log in to my server to play? "This server is full, please try again later" has to be the most infuriating bunch of words I've seen in a while!

Just put me in a queue behind two thousand people so I can at least have an idea on when I'll be able to join, but don't give me a silly error and send me back to main menu, that's the worst!

Emczyn
25th Aug 2013, 21:01
You know what else needs to go? Gramm–Leach–Bliley! Re-regulate them banks!

neefert
26th Aug 2013, 19:26
this game is gonna fail If SE doesn't get the server bs settled. I cant even get in a que all I get is the error 1017. first it was 3102 now its this.

Wade12
27th Aug 2013, 01:32
Can I please play now? As much as I love getting the 1017 error I would appreciate it if you would please fix it. Thank you very much for your time.

Gomly1980
27th Aug 2013, 02:01
While I do applaud your efforts ..... I highly doubt Sony will hear your plea from here.

k1klass
27th Aug 2013, 18:27
I have been waiting for reborn for a long time but i can no longer log in and just get the 1017 error, please sort this out asap if you want to keep me subscribing to the game, i even bought it again as i already had 1.0 but i wanted to show my support and bought the CE edition as a thank you after playing in the early beta phases as I could see the amazing changes and hard work done to the game from 1.0.

I work and have a young family so only get limited time to play, a hour here or there and so far I have seen more of the failed 1017 login notice than I have the game, the game is officially launched now so I don't expect this when I am a Paying customer, I hope not only do you give free time back to European players but also a lot more as Japan and the USA seem to be trouble free and it seems like us Europeans where a after thought.

Gamento
27th Aug 2013, 18:34
NA servers are far from trouble free. 1017 constantly.

Scorpio_Shirica
27th Aug 2013, 19:10
1017 everywhere. At least they changed it from Error Code 3. lol

Teadax
27th Aug 2013, 19:13
USA is trouble free? :lmao:

firstsin
27th Aug 2013, 19:20
EU servers are in the same dumb state.

kalagitus
27th Aug 2013, 19:32
NA servers are down as well.

Dragoneti
27th Aug 2013, 20:00
Should be called Final Fantasy: 1017

There was almost zero reason to get the pre order, Saturday was fine, Sunday the Duty servers don't work the whole day, Monday can't log in at all, Tuesday's live launch, more of not being able to log in. How many people are not gonna play past the first free month. Why was phase 4 Beta only a weekend. Should of been able to see and adjust properly for the influx if Beta Sunday's population was so full you had to make more realms asap.

Giskard457
27th Aug 2013, 20:04
This is total BS. World-wide launch day and no one can log in. Square is total FAIL. They don't log people out for inactivity so no one logs out and therefore no can log in. What a waste of money.

Giskard457
27th Aug 2013, 20:08
And now it can't even find the worlds, let alone the characters. Where do I get my money back?

This is a great way to lose all their customers. WOW had its problems at launch, but that was years ago. I guess the people that failed at Blizzard were hired by Square-Enix.

In the meantime, expand the queues so that we don't have to keep going back to the start menu!

Eihder
27th Aug 2013, 20:13
Use the jp servers, they are trouble free. They gave the rest of the world a dog bone.

FateofTime
27th Aug 2013, 20:14
You guys need to keep calm! It is the FIRST day after all! Square only knew about the amount of people that pre-ordered up to this point. They did not expect such an influx of people on game day from those who just waited to buy it w/o the pre-order. World of Warcraft was always the same way until they added more servers.

Rumor is that they will have new servers up to relieve the congestion of players within the next week. I know most of you will complain about paying... Well, the first month is free. So relax. You still have 29 days! :D

Gridsquare
27th Aug 2013, 20:18
I agree, this is bull****. I have managed to get maybe 5-6 hours of gameplay in since the early release started. I had hoped to log on today thinking it was fixed, but this is out of control. Put in an AFK kick or something, because the fact that I gave this company money to enjoy a game and have gotten nothing but frustration.

Hejjin
27th Aug 2013, 20:21
Hmmm

I am also constantly getting the 1017 error when trying to login to my server. If the queues actually worked correctly and there was afk mechanism to kick players, I would have little issue with waiting, however at the current time you have to constantly spam login to have a chance just to enter a queue to get onto the server. Is this a feature or a bug? If the latter, when will it be addressed?

Laaperi
27th Aug 2013, 20:25
You guys need to keep calm! It is the FIRST day after all! Square only knew about the amount of people that pre-ordered up to this point. They did not expect such an influx of people on game day from those who just waited to buy it w/o the pre-order. World of Warcraft was always the same way until they added more servers.

Rumor is that they will have new servers up to relieve the congestion of players within the next week. I know most of you will complain about paying... Well, the first month is free. So relax. You still have 29 days! :D

Omfg, i preorderd the game for early access did i get it? NO i couldnt log in or create a character even BEFORE the game was launched

Giskard457
27th Aug 2013, 20:29
Why should I remain calm? Square had to know during beta and orders that their servers would be inadequate. Also it's a poor implementation that has no AFK kick or large enough queue ( the largest I've seen is 10!). BTW it isn't free - they charged my Credit Card for the collector's edition - $69.99 for sitting doing nothing. Kick all the people who haven't paid and are using the free download. Then we'll see if the queues are full.

No one is logging off because they know that they won't be able to get back on. This is a total screw-up. They should at least have played some WOW to see what Blizzard had learned over the years.

sjhellmer
27th Aug 2013, 20:37
World full? How about not allow more players into a World than it can handle? I could get cranky about the limited amount of time in EA due to work + SE having issues; it's launch and every game will have a few gremlins. But use some of that gil we paid to make new servers instead of overloading current ones, and put us in the queue like they were sort of doing instead of saying come back later. Love the game so far but didn't pay to here "Thank you; come again". I'll Netflix "Simpsons" for that :-)

P.S. US servers issue free? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Error3102
27th Aug 2013, 20:41

This issue came up at least 2 days before the game went live; its not something that just started today. The problem is they're not even giving people the option to queue and as far as I know they aren't implementing an AFK kick to boot AFK players. The 1017 "lolnope" response is not an acceptable solution; they should have had more servers on standby.

Devuse
27th Aug 2013, 20:42

Let's look at your statement a little closer. They have known about the login issue since the first day of Early access, nothing has been done about it.

Secondly I have paid for the game and like any purchase along these lines part of that payment was for the first month.

Please don't lecture people about what they should feel like when they have paid good money for a product.

Oh and a side, please point me to the thread from the developers that says we will get more servers for NA and Europe. Their lack of communication so far has been amazing to say the least.
Regards,
Devise.

Lizarus
27th Aug 2013, 20:43

Erm, they were having this problem before servers went "live", during early access.
Beta tests have come and gone. Overloading of the server problems should and probably were picked up during Beta testing.
They would have known how many pre orders they had...from customers who have already given them their money.
I don't place any trust in "rumour". I want this fixed and NOW, not in one day or more.
People won't complain about paying, however they WILL complain about not playing and rightfully so!
The Japan servers are indeed trouble free, however I only started a new character on there when I couldn't access the EU servers on early release.
Had we been told "Don't use EU servers because you will be attendance limited" then my friends and I would all have made a JP character and would not be cursing SE!
SE are lucky that there are no other decent mmo's in the pipeline for a while (Wildstar and ESO- if you would call them decent) so players may just hang on in there until this gets sorted.....then again they may not!

FinalFantasy912
27th Aug 2013, 20:44
meh i never expect any game to be flawless on 1st with all the people trying to play.....always takes about a week for a game to settle down with people leaving the game and whatnot

LeeD701
27th Aug 2013, 20:46
4 days of this nonsense already .. rolled on a server thas not even shut down for character creation and still 1017 1017 1017
what do have 5 gerbils running this thing ??? people pay hard earned money to play and your making it extremely hard to enjoy

Passed
27th Aug 2013, 21:10
do we have to fully exit, re-run the launcher, log in again and then try to connect to the server. Or is simply re clicking start, then your character to try and log in again?

Kravockian
27th Aug 2013, 21:20
No NA worlds are accepting new characters, JP worlds seem fine. I'm glad I can't make a character, which is also a requirement for the product website. Fantastic SE, just marvelous.

bulldog2712
27th Aug 2013, 21:30
ive not been able to log in all day
and what pisses me of is se have stated they are increasing japan facilities starting preparation has early has this week
no mention of increasing na or eu servers
I like the game so I will keep with it for a week ,then if square enix don't sort this out , I will just use my 30 days free and that's it (if I can log in that is)
I wont be paying a subscription and not been able to play when I want to
this will fall under the act , product not fit for purpose, so everyone by law will be entitled to claim a refund

Tempest02
27th Aug 2013, 21:35
I like this new que system I've been getting all day. Basically it appears rarely in the many attempts you try to log in to play, instead of the world is full message, then as I see the que and get excited that it's ticking down, I get booted saying world is full. Nice, way to lead me on for nothing.

Giskard457
27th Aug 2013, 21:51
Wow, guess it's time to go back to WOW. SE doesn't know how to support their games. All the hype and now total failure.

Final Fantasy - a Realm stillborn!

Domain77
27th Aug 2013, 21:56
hey who remembers diablo 3 release. take a chill pill guys. everyone here should know this is routine with all MMO releases, even sometimes wows patches have issues. although hearing that people who afk do not get logged out after a certain amount of time is very disturbing. If I had known that i would have just stayed logged in since this morning when I was able to get in lol.

SkaldicArt
27th Aug 2013, 22:04
I love how childish everyone is. Something doesn't work right and we throw the developers to the wolves. It's an MMO. This happens. The world is not going to end because we can't play a video game. I understand that everyone paid money for it. They know what's wrong and are working on it. We will be able to play, eventually. Go outside, read a book, do something constructive. Nothing you do or say will change what is currently happening. They will add more servers and eventually, things will be normal. Until then, calm down and stop acting immature.

But hey, if you want to quit and take the game back, good. One less person to deal with in queues.

Error3102
27th Aug 2013, 22:07
hey who remembers diablo 3 release. take a chill pill guys. everyone here should know this is routine with all MMO releases, even sometimes wows patches have issues. although hearing that people who afk do not get logged out after a certain amount of time is very disturbing. If I had known that i would have just stayed logged in since this morning when I was able to get in lol.

I'm strongly considering just leaving myself logged in next time I'm lucky enough to get in; its a jerk move but so is SE being so unprepared for re-launch. I feel real bad for people who bought the game today and came home to find that they're unable to even make characters because the servers became capped two days before they could even get ahold of the game.

What is irking most people is that its a simple problem and should (in theory) have a simple solution. They need more servers; why it took them 3 days to come to this conclusion is baffling, not to mention if they had done a proper stress test to tax their systems this problem would have been caught sooner. So potentially for the next week people will be unable to play the game because of server throttling and being locked out of servers.

@Skaldic

Once more, this issue cropped up during Early Access; at least three days before launch. There have been people who have been literally unable to log in during the past 48 hours or longer; if people had the option of sitting in a queue they wouldn't be AS upset but they don't even allow for that at the moment. If a large bulk of the EA players were unable to play the game during Early Access, how many people who bought the game today are going to be unable to play? There is nothing childish about being upset that you can't even make a character because the servers are all locked down. Or getting upset if you DO manage to get into a queue and then get the 1017 error and are booted.

H22EuroR
27th Aug 2013, 22:10
Thats nonsense! if they put out an X quantity of games they should be able to support them! The Queue system has been used for many years by many games and that is not working. THIS IS ALL on square enix. People have the right to be angry.

Impiety
27th Aug 2013, 22:13
Fix please. It's the 27th everywhere.

Giskard457
27th Aug 2013, 22:17

I was part of the Diablo 3 release and it wasn't this bad. Where is ANY response from SE telling us that they're working on a fix (Blizzard almost always kept their players informed, whether we liked the answer or not).

Your solution is what is causing the problem. Without AFK-kick, the system is useless. People log on and never log off - consequently no one else can play. My chill pill melted hours ago. Now I just plain pissed. Did SE learn nothing from Blizzard or must we always re-invent the wheel everytime an MMO come out?

darthkranos
27th Aug 2013, 22:20
Omg expand your servers!!! You said the beta had overwhleming numbers why the **** would you not expect bigger number on launch!! Glad i preordered to wait a week ******* more until you learn....learn from other mmos failures do not make the same...ill just keep waiting i guess for this mess of a game to finally work. Waited so long too.

TheRealKraggy
27th Aug 2013, 22:26
AFK kicking doesn't work, it's trivially avoided by those determined to do so and given the current state 99% of players who consider doing this WILL avoid it.

It's a placebo, take a look at games like Rift and WOW which have it, yet there are endless threads complaining about 'jumpers' and other AFK-avoidance methods in PVP content where AFKing is hugely detrimental to other players.

Atrax80
27th Aug 2013, 22:26
Why should I remain calm? Square had to know during beta and orders that their servers would be inadequate. Also it's a poor implementation that has no AFK kick or large enough queue ( the largest I've seen is 10!). BTW it isn't free - they charged my Credit Card for the collector's edition - $69.99 for sitting doing nothing. Kick all the people who haven't paid and are using the free download. Then we'll see if the queues are full.

No one is logging off because they know that they won't be able to get back on. This is a total screw-up. They should at least have played some WOW to see what Blizzard had learned over the years.

I totally agree with this. I've also purchased the CE edition (Paid and withdrawn from my CC already)
Those who have paid should get priority access. It's pretty simple equation. Keep the people who are paying happy.
Those who are just playing for the free 3 days should be put at the end of the queue.

Hreczecha
27th Aug 2013, 22:36
1017.... reminds me first time I've seen WoW, It was 2005. My friend bought it, then we install it, then update, update, update and guess... another update, just to stare at login screen until around 4AM, when merciful guardians of Azeroth gate let us through. But it was worth it!

Petie0
27th Aug 2013, 22:44

Keep calm? They're trying to redeem themselves from their pathetic first game. You'd think between FF11 and this, they'd have their MMOs sorted and to a science like Blizzard does (Nearly). It's about professionalism. In fact, I bought the digital copy... I should have had a code nearly instant. Have I seen a sign of a code anywhere? NO! This is fail. Fail. Fail. FAIL.

Free play time or not, it doesn't warrant stupid errors like this LOL I mean.. come. the. hell. on. $30 is $30.

Oh, and if they don't make it obvious where to sub at and if you can't do it early.. we're going to have this problem, again LOL... because "OMG massive amount of players are logging on so that's our excuse. On a MMO... You know.. massive is only part of the acronym.

iceifrit
27th Aug 2013, 22:57
a couple days ago i could see the world server list, and refresh every 3 minutes to see if my world was available or not. what happened to that? logging in now is ridiculous and makes me feel helpless, its just 'start, character, ok; fail. start, character, ok; fail. start, character, ok; fail.'

Mzirad
27th Aug 2013, 22:57
This world is not my home I want to play in a virtual world where I can elevate the frustration of this world. Early access was a joke and I now have a new 4 letter word (actually number) to add to my list of words not to use 1017. The sad thing is I am beginning to think they created that number just for that to laugh at you then say 7 more dollars please. Amassing the things frustration does to you and oh yea did I mention I got this game to help relieve the frustrations. Every NeW game you get into this trap and guess what the next one will likely be the same as the companies get there money.

GoldX18
27th Aug 2013, 23:16
Agree with everyone here, they formally stated that the purpose of Open Beta 4, was to Identify server load in prepartion for early access & release.

This is unacceptable, and don't compare this to the DIablo 3 launch, I too was there on D-Day, and they at least kept their community informed. All we have so far is you cannot create new characters on x servers, and some known issues with quests that will be address within the week. Total bull****.

If its like this for the first 33 days free, they wont be getting my sub.

Warbeast78
27th Aug 2013, 23:24
No they have known about this for 2 weeks.

Giskard457
27th Aug 2013, 23:42
Fix the damn queues. I don't care if I'm number 1017 in the queue list - as least I might be able to see it count down and give me some idea if and when I can play the game.

Final Fantasy XIV - a World Stillborn - RIP

WTF - I just tried to log in again and it showed that I was # 22 in the queue. It got down to 16 and then I got the 1017 message - that is f**ked up!

GoldX18
27th Aug 2013, 23:42
Apparently the producer cried over the launch, lol. Those tears taste so bitter sweet, doesn't solve my login problems.

http://kotaku.com/producer-moved-to-tears-over-launch-of-reborn-final-fan-1208064649

bradedlin
28th Aug 2013, 00:30
I wanted to be a White Knight for them in the forums so badly, but its been a complete fail since 3102 in the open beta. Now the game is live and and nobody can play. Who is the moron who lost the excel spreadsheet of how many units they pre sold and shipped. The most under-prepared launch I've ever seen. Good new is it will be easy to log in come October.

Mayaxe
28th Aug 2013, 00:35
This is damn stupid they should have know this was going to happen im trying to login keep getting world is full. FIX THIS STUPID ASS problem please i enjoy the game. You guys are makeing alot of people angry by just ignoring this issue and not dealing with it. Kind of tells us u don't care about ur customers and if thats the case ur going to lose alot of subs FIX THIS

Mayaxe
28th Aug 2013, 01:14
Does it make anyone else really angry that not a single square post from any of there devs in replies to this just shows they dont care about their customers. You would at least get blue posts from blizzard about known issues. Just shows u piss poor planning makes for piss poor performance.

aeunexcore
28th Aug 2013, 01:15
Can I ask a really random question? I know this is kinda off topic but is it true that this game is not a one time payment type of game?

madking91
28th Aug 2013, 01:18
Can I ask a really random question? I know this is kinda off topic but is it true that this game is not a one time payment type of game?

yea you have to pay every month.
I can't believe how many JP servers there are and how little EU/NA servers they have. WTF

madking91
28th Aug 2013, 01:32
i couldn't find an edit button, let me kno if its illegal to post twice in a row in these forums. I should go read the rules but im lazy
but yea to further on my previous comment
EU has the same population as Japan if not more and Japan has like 10x more servers!! North America should have twice as many servers.

wkstyle
28th Aug 2013, 01:51
Hi.

I know this has come up quite a few times but it is beyond ridiculous that I have to try to login for 2 hours again and again. Please, please put a queue in place that can hold more than 100 people. I dont care if you tell me to wait 1 hour if I have a spot in queue but this continous trying not only is incredibly frustrating but cannot be helping server load.

:(

Error3102
28th Aug 2013, 02:06
My server has been that way for about nine hours now. There is no way in hell I am setting up a subscription to this game until the problem is addressed. I like it when I can get in, but basically being forced to play early in the morning is nuts.

Precis1
28th Aug 2013, 02:06
Love buying a game and not being able to even play it. WTB more servers and have a damn queue system PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

ttuskey
28th Aug 2013, 02:11
Trust me, NA is not "trouble free". We're all in the same boat.

Dragoneti
28th Aug 2013, 02:19
You would think that after the first big botch they did with FFXIV they would of gotten it right the 2nd time through, guess not.

Eric99950
28th Aug 2013, 02:22
Perhaps this time the head program lead instead of retiring in disgrace, will grab his wakashi, and to the thing the first head should have done... -.- this is a dishonor ...

madking91
28th Aug 2013, 02:36
Perhaps this time the head program lead instead of retiring in disgrace, will grab his wakashi, and to the thing the first head should have done... -.- this is a dishonor ...

LOL!! thats really funny
it does suck big time.... I just wonder how they will handle it because it looks very fun while packed but its so ******* exclusive! Haven't been able to play all day

FateofTime
28th Aug 2013, 02:39
LOL. All I can say after reading all this all I can say is this thread is a joke. With everything new there are drawbacks. If you don't want drawbacks, wait awhile before you buy something.

Error3102
28th Aug 2013, 03:04
Its not unreasonable for people to expect to be able to log into the game at least once in 3 days, barring issues that would cause the servers to be taken down.

ArkCansada
28th Aug 2013, 03:21
LOL. All I can say after reading all this all I can say is this thread is a joke. With everything new there are drawbacks. If you don't want drawbacks, wait awhile before you buy something.

By all means criticize early adopters for having too much faith in the company's ability to provide a fully functional product. Shame on them indeed, for expressing their disappointment! A pox upon them!

Dartack
28th Aug 2013, 03:28
After a few hrs i got in then less then 10min NA severs crashed now back where i stared.

nisere
28th Aug 2013, 03:30
check out my thread and it may shine some light

nisere
28th Aug 2013, 03:33
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5930

Zanethereaper
28th Aug 2013, 03:43
This is the worst launch I've ever been thru. No queue and hours of spamming trying to login.

Enemyone
28th Aug 2013, 03:57
Its has been bad since EA i got to play for 1 damn day in Early access and i took off for it. Was never able to get back in the rest of the time. if not for friends i would have just not purchased the game because of this crap.

snipes13
28th Aug 2013, 04:00
i still cant get on na its still 1017 but i got on a eu surver no problem so hopefully this **** wont be much longer im hope

TommyHiles
28th Aug 2013, 04:01
A problem occurred while updating.
Please Restart FF14 XIV: ARR (Beta Version).
[11006][20641][20643]

I keep getting this on the ps3, can someone PLEASE help? I don't nor did i, have the beta

aethermachine
28th Aug 2013, 04:11
Yeah, this is effed up. I maybe got in 8 hours total (if that) of play time through early access, the rest of the time it was DOWN or impossible to log in. Now that I've actually paid for the game, where the F*** is the que at? What kind of crap is that, never gone through this. I mean, at one point WoW had 12 million players, and i played that game for 4 years, and they had some major traffic in that game, but I was never locked out for an entire day. Even on expansion launches. Square Enix is poorly run, very large lack of quality control, and I don't really have faith in the future of this game. Will probably be asking for a refund, cuz you know, when I buy something it should f**king work, and if not, I should get my money back for it.

bradedlin
28th Aug 2013, 04:16
The good news is I don't have to wait for that error anymore. In open beta got the dreaded 3102 maybe 1 to 2 minutes after i logged in. Lasted the entire open beta. Then I never got my pre release registration key which lasted till launch.... Now I have spent an entire day with the 1017 error and seeing 0 communication from the guys flying this plane. I must say after I endured the failure that was 1.0 I figured SE was going to go the extra mile and see this through correctly. The best part about the whole process was Digital River refunded me pretty swiftly. I didn't even get any error messages. Maybe it will help someone get in to the game sooner. Hopefully they resolve this soon for everybody cause it is surely a painful process. Good luck to you folks that are contending with 1017, hopefully not too much longer for ya....

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 06:37
check out my thread and it may shine some light

No there are many ways to make your character never idle.

Zer0zero
28th Aug 2013, 23:41
Click login - choose character - SERVER FULL - Come back when its not full (I guess I'm psychic?) - Click ok - Login - Character select. ..

Repeat until insane.

InariKitsune
29th Aug 2013, 00:32
Aye, going through that process now. OR it will put me in a que of 90+ and wait a bit then start loading in like it's going to work and 'connection to server lost' x_x

Petie0
29th Aug 2013, 01:02
Aye, going through that process now. OR it will put me in a que of 90+ and wait a bit then start loading in like it's going to work and 'connection to server lost' x_x

You, him and me and about a few hundred others if not thousands... EU has servers up and open ATM, bu let's be honest... Choosing a different region just to play is stupid lol.

For the love of God, they need to implement a queue system like every other damn company out there.

Nangasaur
30th Aug 2013, 20:44
Error 1017.

Scratch that idea.

TheRealKraggy
30th Aug 2013, 20:56
And this post achieved .. what, exactly?

Nangasaur
30th Aug 2013, 21:01
Oh oh oh! 10 minutes of 1017's later! Woot! I have a queue! Woohoo!

Spoke too soon. Lobby server encountered an error. Error 2002. Auto-close to desktop.

Nangasaur
30th Aug 2013, 21:12
Currently, peak login times for each region are occurring from approximately 9:00 p.m. to midnight. During this three-hour window, Worlds are more likely to have login restrictions implemented.
But, Yoshi, it's only 5pm currently...and servers have had 1017 error for at least the last hour. So, uh...what gives?

Quellon
31st Aug 2013, 00:26
And this post achieved .. what, exactly?

I think is was meant to illustrate how utterly ludacris this whole process has been and the fact that SE has not resolved issues. They are not answering chat support or phone support and they are not responding to email support.

GoldX18
31st Aug 2013, 00:27
So many threads, so little time...

Justmeow
31st Aug 2013, 18:37
Final Fantasy 1017 A realm that is Full

Teadax
31st Aug 2013, 18:39
that would be FFMXVII

Justmeow
31st Aug 2013, 18:42
that would be FFMXVII

Thanks for the Roman numeral FFMXVII A Ream That is Full

There u go kids Officiall new Title for the game I want a guild named that now.

Teadax
31st Aug 2013, 18:47
Hey, anything to help, I'm that kinda guy. ;)

Justmeow
31st Aug 2013, 18:52
Got
1017?

Crumdum
31st Aug 2013, 20:30
I bought FF14 and all I got was this lousy 1017.

Justmeow
31st Aug 2013, 20:32
Looks like the new error of the day is 2002!

bulldog2712
31st Aug 2013, 20:57
buy ff14 get free mug cap

agapetos
31st Aug 2013, 21:04
In fact, both 1017 and 2002 came from the same root cause. The server cannot handle the capacity of its maximum simultaneous players. =_= This is why we cannot enter. Square can solve this kind of issue to increase the number of game servers and/or reduce the maximum number of simultaneous users per each server.

Lukums
1st Sep 2013, 00:29
This is the head director in regards to final fantasy this is what he wrote.

Scheduled Maintenance for Wednesday, September 4 (Japan Time)

1. You said end of week - that time has come and pass. Still we are facing the 1017 errors good job.

The addition of new Worlds, as well as the adjustments to the duty finder servers, will be complete as of tomorrow. We will then enter our final internal testing phase of these features in preparation. If the results from these tests are favorable, we will conduct an extended all-World maintenance on Wednesday (Japan time). Once the new Worlds are implemented and the duty finder server load has been redistributed over smaller World server groups, we believe that many of the login issues that players are currently experiencing will clear.

2. YOU! Believe that they will clear!?!? LOL haven't you assumed enough! So you think implementing new servers will fix the over populated ones!? Baha are you that much of a ******* moron? The servers are capped as they are implementing new worlds without a transfer character possible this fixes nothing.

So again you still didn't mention your increasing the server limit... ******* great so we still experience the 1017 wednesday of the coming week... awesome!!!

When Worlds do finally reopen after the maintenance, we expect a rush of players trying to log back in. To prevent any further login issues, we will be using the utmost caution when restarting each World. Please understand that there may be some congestion at this time.

The development and operations teams are currently dedicating their full resources to alleviating the issues at hand and providing all of our players with a stable environment in which to experience the realm of Eorzea.

Free Trial Extension

To apologize to our loyal fans who may not have been able to login or create characters during early access and the days immediately following launch, the development and operations teams are currently considering providing all player accounts with an additional seven days to their free trials. This includes non-legacy players from 1.0, who will be given new seven-day free trials. Trial extensions will be awarded after the aforementioned server maintenance on Wednesday. Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.

We thank our fans again for the overwhelming support you have shown us over the past week. The response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn has well exceeded our expectations, and unfortunately resulted in our inability to provide the service which we originally intended. We humbly ask for your continued patience as we work to alleviate the issues as we truly appreciate all of our fans. We are very sorry for the frustration that has resulted from these problems.

3. 7 days!? More bull **** mate, the server still isnt functioning properly and it's up to day 8. Like stated about wednesday is your point where you THINK/GUESSING that login issues will be fixed. You ******* fail.

4. This is my prediction.

Come Wednesday we still face the 1017 errors, we all have high level characters on high populated worlds which we can't transfer,
They will post another stupid thing stating "we are working on it" again and again... mind you they are up to something like 16 LOL. Morons.

They will then make a new maintenance to increase server populations after this director gets FIRED FOR being a complete moron and "assuming" things will sort themselves out WHICH YOU SHOULD NEVER DO IN ******* IT.

How he got the job I'll never no.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida

Shamanbabe
1st Sep 2013, 17:56
Kid, you need to calm down >_>
But I dew rike feeding on your tears
NomNomNOm

fireshox
1st Sep 2013, 18:08
man seriously i'm not happy about it either but i seriously doubt you could do better so what if they have some problems at launch at least they r tryin to do something and who says you won't be able to transfer characters it doesn't say that you wont they may implement it just for the new servers to help with the load. You just need to calm yourself i mean god damn these stupid little kids *****ing about a game that they probably suck at anyway. Let me guess u play a dps class and ***** about the instance wait as well. So here is my prediction u need to calm yourself and wait until Wednesday before u start *****ing and if u can't then go play something else and sell ur account ect. There are many ppl that would prefer this game than u, ur probably a ****ty WOW player aren't u *****in that the game is too hard n ruining it for everyone else. I hate to think of what would happen if u ever had a job where u tried to do things right with untold people *****ing about it. Just calm urself u moron now ill talk in your language like so your momma is so fat she takes 20 people to summon her :3 u happy now JESUS F***kin CHRIST u suck at everything u do.

Shamanbabe
1st Sep 2013, 18:10
man seriously i'm not happy about it either but i seriously doubt you could do better so what if they have some problems at launch at least they r tryin to do something and who says you won't be able to transfer characters it doesn't say that you wont they may implement it just for the new servers to help with the load. You just need to calm yourself i mean god damn these stupid little kids *****ing about a game that they probably suck at anyway. Let me guess u play a dps class and ***** about the instance wait as well. So here is my prediction u need to calm yourself and wait until Wednesday before u start *****ing and if u can't then go play something else and sell ur account ect. There are many ppl that would prefer this game than u, ur probably a ****ty WOW player aren't u *****in that the game is too hard n ruining it for everyone else. I hate to think of what would happen if u ever had a job where u tried to do things right with untold people *****ing about it. Just calm urself u moron now ill talk in your language like so your momma is so fat she takes 20 people to summon her :3 u happy now JESUS F***kin CHRIST u suck at everything u do.

TESTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SISTA , HAALAAAALUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUJA
20 people to summon her with 1 stone? yo crazeh, takes 40 stones and 200 people mang <3

Shamanbabe
1st Sep 2013, 18:11
Yo mama so fat , She ated bahamut

Shamanbabe
1st Sep 2013, 18:13
:3 :3 :3 :3

Shamanbabe
1st Sep 2013, 18:13
I LOVE U SQUARE ENIX /cheer <3

TheRealKraggy
1st Sep 2013, 18:40
<snip a long, clueless rant>
/yawn

TheRealKraggy
1st Sep 2013, 18:41
<snip a long, clueless rant>
/yawn

So much /emo over a video game isn't a good sign of your mental well-being.

Virtue04
1st Sep 2013, 18:42
Man dude, you're like freaking out lol.

LaughingSade
1st Sep 2013, 20:23
Hey...uhm...Square? Yeah, can we play the game we paid for yet? Just wondering, yeah; because you know...that WOULD be pretty spiffy you know, to be able to actually play. :D Not sure why we need to wait so long for you to implement the necessary changes. Any actual feedback would be appreciated. Moooore and more Guild Wars 2 is looking better just because..I can ACTUALLY PLAY IT!? WHO WOULD HAVE COME UP WITH THAT NOVEL IDEA? A GAAAAME THAT YOU CAN PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY? Now that is something you need to think of for your NEXT release Square. :D

UPDATE EDIT: OH...okay..so NOW I cannot see the NA/EU server list again. At least before I could TRY to select one of my chars to sign in with. No, I am not going to be placated by just playing on a JP server.

Jixer967
1st Sep 2013, 21:22
Square Enix knows how many people were pre registering and in fact said they would be putting a cap on the amount that were going to be allowed to enter. So why the over population problem before the game ever went live? You knew what your capacity was and you handed out the invites and took the cash fully aware of how many people were going to be jamming themselves into your game. Fully aware of the problem when you went live you continued taking in cash from people that were obviously not going to be able to play. Only after many complaints did you stall online downloads and finally thought to upgrade what you should have already had as plan B.

I'
ve been playing MMO's since Everquest first came out and I can tell you that every game that I have purchased has had hiccups but this is on a completely different level. At least I was able to actually get into a game as where here I have to spam buttons just to try and get in. I should not know what error codes are in the first week of any game. Nice job pissing off your fan base in the first week of release. You really think those of us that have already paid are going to go tell our friends to come play along side us??

I'm not angry over this issue and I am not going to demand a refund. I will tell you though I am not recommending a game I can not play or that I have no faith in now as this is your second go round and you would think that you would have learned from other games errors. I do feel like you used us for cash up front to fund what you should have had already in place. You should have had more than enough hardware from the start. A lot easier to combine under populated servers than it is to turn away money and receive bad reviews for not thinking ahead.

I will give this game until next weekend to see if they fix this problem. But I like the others do think we should be able to transfer characters around. When I finally got in to make my character I was not able to choose a server, I had to pick the only one that would allow me to make a toon.

Very disappointed in your companies efforts and lack of responses to customers complaints. Shame on you.

FinityForever
1st Sep 2013, 21:23
Anyone that disagrees with this OP, their opinion needs to go back to the ******* dumpster it spewed out of. This man is stating hard facts, along with his harsh opinion. Stop flaming him, he has a very good ******* point. If your daddy didn't pay for the game maybe you'd understand.

Hart56
1st Sep 2013, 22:32
I guess I'm posting this to simply voice my frustrations, as have hundreds of other players...

This is a terribly mismanaged launch of a game.

When a consumer purchases a game they should be able to access it whenever they like. If I want to play it, I bought it, and so I should be able to play it without restriction. (Aside from scheduled maintenance, etc. obviously.)

The 1017 Error is absolute garbage. I understand if the world is full it cannot contain others, but there should be a queue regardless on the very first attempt you make at logging in.

Further to this, the game is being put out by a massive company. It's not some rag-tag operation (Though it's behaving like one). Get your emergency maintenance going right now and fix the issues with the NA/EU servers. You have a fan base that wants to play a great game when they WANT TO.

It is absolutely ridiculous that this has been an issue as long as it has. Drop a few bucks on some over-time for your employees and get the thing running smoothly. It's that simple.

F1emming
1st Sep 2013, 22:34
I'm waiting for FFXIV: A Realm Re-Reborn.

bulldog2712
1st Sep 2013, 22:37
been trying from 6.30 tonight just logged in now and its time for bed

bulldog2712
1st Sep 2013, 22:39
and the amount of players not moving is just ridicules
around 40 just in quarrymill

coreyzawaski
1st Sep 2013, 22:48
so what was the point of the 4 stage beta testing ? as all i get is error 1017 and then when i finally manage to get in a queue the error comes up again this is my first experience with any square nix game thats online ( never played FFXI ) and im really thinking about throwing my copy of FFXIV in the garbage and uninstalling i played WoW for over 5 years and never once did i have a problem with the game like this

coreyzawaski
1st Sep 2013, 22:53
holy **** now it says the NA/Eu Servers Are Down WTF

coreyzawaski
1st Sep 2013, 22:55
and of course now there back

bulldog2712
1st Sep 2013, 22:59
they should put a extra charge per hour on inactive player so they make money
se could do this if inactive for 1hr start and charging them to there account

coreyzawaski
1st Sep 2013, 23:01
they need to start kicking people i know people who because of the problem with the servers they just stay on and go to work

Mz313Pitboss
1st Sep 2013, 23:07
All servers are full and you can no longer create new characters which is how I got on in the first place. I too played WOW and there were sever issues but nothing like this at all. They should shut this game down. This will force these AFK players off the servers to make room for those that would like to play. Worse experience in my MMO history. :mad:

Humpsy
2nd Sep 2013, 00:33
The login issues as far as I'm concerned is due to all those that leave their game connected while they sleep. And it's frustrating... They need to implement a 30 minute timeout that auto logs people out if inactive. If they did this then half the login issues would be gone. Last night for example when I was playing almost EVERY major teleport location had between 50 to 100 in-active idle people that I saw multiple times just standing there. If these people would get a clue and not be *******s then everyone would get an equal chance to play. But it seems with thousands of people leaving their game connected while sleeping, it's causing everyone else login issues, it's also causing Square Enix further problems with load issues. They would reduce half their support tickets if they implemented an AFK timeout limit.

It seems the only way to beat these people is to become a douche like them and the rest of us join the douchery and leave our games logged in as well. Heck, maybe if we ALL started doing this Square Enix might re-think what's going on pretty fast and implement an auto kick feature after 30 mins of inactivity.

In saying that, I don't want to subject my PC hardware to the constant strain of running a game 24/7 on my PC just to be able to play and on top be an ******* like those others because of it either. I hope those doing it have wonderful video card failures from overheating! :D

Just my 2 cents...

khalum77
2nd Sep 2013, 03:01
WTH, SE. Where's the queueing? I wouldn't be as upset if I could just see a message "you are 558th in the queue." but this straight booting me back making me click over and over? I hate you. No, I'm not going to pick another server. My char is over lvl 23.. I know not awesome, but I'm not interested in starting over on another server. FIX IT. I'm on fairie. It is said to have a lower pop... and still this? UGH.

Argeope
2nd Sep 2013, 03:32
i know the feeling ive been trying to get in for around an hour now i actually just got into a que a few minutes ago followed by a loading screen and getting put back into the que at the same spot which wasnt a problem and after a few minutes of waiting in que i got error 1017 i just dont understand how a company on its third mmo would be so poorly prepared

Ripsco
2nd Sep 2013, 04:36
OMG I just got a que!!! Number 80...

Ripsco
2nd Sep 2013, 04:37
I am in!!! after 12 hours!!

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 09:18
Me and the wife ended up creating 2nd characters on the JP servers so if one goes down (or just doesn't load character data) then we can still play. Last night we were both playing on our EU server and the wife got booted, it then wouldn't load the NA/EU servers so she had to switch to her JP server. I know this isn't a long term solution but at least she got to play, even if it was starting from scratch.

KyotoKisses
2nd Sep 2013, 11:43
At least you got into JP server. My char screen isn't even loading ****. Unable to obtain blah blah blah.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 12:06
At least you got into JP server. My char screen isn't even loading ****. Unable to obtain blah blah blah.

you just create new toon and select one of the few JP servers currently accepting new toon regs, I get the Unable to obtain NA/EU blah but I just select world and chose the JP servers

Shamanbabe
2nd Sep 2013, 12:10
'daddy paying for a game' Gl with that when he's scottish, He will round house Kilt me

pimhead
2nd Sep 2013, 13:11
apart from 1017, 2002 is my hated one

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 13:15
Party like it's 2002! :D

Virtue04
2nd Sep 2013, 13:19
Anyone that disagrees with this OP, their opinion needs to go back to the ******* dumpster it spewed out of. This man is stating hard facts, along with his harsh opinion. Stop flaming him, he has a very good ******* point. If your daddy didn't pay for the game maybe you'd understand.

Your daddy must not of raised you well, be polite, show respect, act like a mature adult with a hint of common sense... Then people will actually take you seriously, disgusting! Shameful! -SPIT-

KyotoKisses
2nd Sep 2013, 13:31
you just create new toon and select one of the few JP servers currently accepting new toon regs, I get the Unable to obtain NA/EU blah but I just select world and chose the JP servers

Unfortunately, none of the servers are showing up, so I can't do ****.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 13:35
I always fall back on IT support resolution 1, "Have you tried turning it off and on again?!"

Sorry, I know that's not helpful, but if you don't laugh once in a while we'd all go insaaaaaannnnnneeeeeee!!!! :D

lightning902
2nd Sep 2013, 14:50
Due to certain mishaps, I'm not able to use my old characters until CS solves it. And I can't create new ones because.. Every world is full. I'm down to 23 days, and I have not been able to utilize that 7 days already spent, at all. Am I pissed? Definitely. Should I rage? Every fiber in my being suggest so. So how can I be so calm about this? I'm not.

As this generation of gamers who understands nothing of the inner-workings of large corporation, who assumed that games just poofed into existence and anything that isn't fixed in a fraction of a second means the developers just trying to screw them over because they're actually diabolical satanist in disguise, I'm not one of you. If the OP had worded his hard opinion in more civil and mature manner (you CAN be harsh AND civil), we would have taken him seriously. He did not conduct himself properly. You bring shame to your famiry! You shourd commit sudoku!

.. Anyway.. Now, someone will probably tell me that I'm being calm because daddy bought me my games. But, I'm not calm, I'm just being understanding. How can I understand? Well, I worked for money, and I know how chain of commands in large corporations work. By the way, mowing the lawn for extra allowance for the game isn't a real job.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 14:58
I think the problem nowadays is everyone is so used to being 'connected', wherein PC & console games can be fixed with updates and patches. Being a man of a maturing age I remember back at the birth of video games where if a game shipped and it was broke then it was tough tittie really unless you went into the code and fixed it yourself.

The modern age of gamers are blessed where they only have to wait for patches etc, whereas gaming veterans like myself just had to put up with it and play flawed games, we didn't even had refund options back then!

Nangasaur
2nd Sep 2013, 15:25
I started playing the first day of early access, on a NA/EU server because I am in the USA. From that day until this past Friday night (one week), my ability to play was spotty at best. And not for lack of trying, trust me. Every spare opportunity I had, I was here mashing the mouse button trying to login. 1017 all the time, most of the time, any time.

I got so fed up with this Saturday, I created a character on the JP servers, no problems. I've been playing there ever since then (though I have occasionally tried to get back in to the NA/EU servers, with no luck ever). In the past less-than two days of playing, I was able to get so much solid play time in on the JP servers, I made far more progress with that character than I was able to achieve with my NA/EU character. And it's not a matter of, "well you knew what you were doing the second time around", because I created a whole new race, class, starting city, etc. It was all fresh and new, so the only thing NOT new was the UI introductions, etc.

My point here is: the NA/EU group has clearly been treated with so much disrespect and afterthought in comparison to the JP group, yet it's quite clear that the NA/EU group are the money makers. We're the cash cow...and we're being sent out to slaughter for dog food.

P.S.: Nothing irritates me more than to read an "apology" letter from a MMO's game producer, which clearly reads like it was written by a PR department employee with an English major. Those of us who's first language is English know that when someone who's first language is NOT English, they're not going to write with such perfection and finesse. There will always be at least one glaringly obvious grammatical error or flaw. Yet, with Yoshi's "apology" letter, not a single one exist, and the use of prepositional phrases to repeatedly apologize is a clear indicator that the PR English major wrote it.

SE: Stop faking it. Yoshi, stop faking it. Stop BS'ing us.

lightning902
2nd Sep 2013, 16:20
I'm in asia, so my server of choice was obviously the JP servers. And, I found myself making characters and playing in NA/EU servers half the time because NA/EU got less issue while JP worlds are always 1017.

Does this mean one of us were hallucinating? Nah. When it's play time in asia, majority of NA/EU are in bed/at work, and vice versa. Except on weekends when the play-time overlaps.

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 11:26
R_o_5tOFLKo

You have to admit it's a clever solution! :D

This method could also be modified for PC users, although the flaw in the design means as soon as you do get in a queue you'll cancel out of it lol

InvisiblePanda
3rd Sep 2013, 22:57
First off, this is a great game. I really want to stick with it because I've been a Final Fantasy fan since I can remember. Now, I understand the population of players is higher than SE expected, and that SE has taken measures to increase the amount of worlds available. But this does not resolve the amount of people that are already on a server that have put time into building their characters.

I have a lvl 31 white mage in Behemoth. Not really a high level, but it took time to get to where I am now. I've been trying to log in for literally two days, yet I still get the 1017 message even after the 10-hour maintenance was done. It's been quite upsetting and I'm losing interest day by day. I'd be nice if SE would allow players to do a world-transfer or something in that nature to reduce the clutter and allow them to play. Extending a free trial is not going to make up for the time people waited trying to simply log into the world.

Also, PLEASE kick these people off that go afk for hours at a time just so they can stay logged in. It is completely unfair for others to have to wait just because of the ignorance of these people. If it were up to me, if someone goes afk for about an hour, I'd kick them. But ay, that's just my opinion.

Jbearyo
4th Sep 2013, 12:46
still happening? I thought the maintenance was supposed to fix this problem.

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 12:54
That's what SE said, though since they never have explained what 1017 means then it's possible this will still happen until the rush of players all trying to get in at once is over .. but yeah, not good to see it apparently so wide-spread so soon.

Shamtastik
4th Sep 2013, 12:55
still happening? I thought the maintenance was supposed to fix this problem.

I suspect it has something to do with the severe login restrictions. Just give it time.

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 12:58
I agree, it's too soon to declare the update a failure .. not saying the OP was doing that .. but in the absence of any comment from SE, and there' no reason to think they'll be more open now than they've been so far, speculation will run rife and we can expect to see 'FAIL' posts appear soon.

Shamtastik
4th Sep 2013, 13:02
I agree, it's too soon to declare the update a failure .. not saying the OP was doing that .. but in the absence of any comment from SE, and there' no reason to think they'll be more open now than they've been so far, speculation will run rife and we can expect to see 'FAIL' posts appear soon.

That will happen regardless of what happens. Eventually this will all smooth over.

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 13:08
There are FAIL posts all over the Lodestone already, and a LOT of swearing lol

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 13:09
That will happen regardless of what happens. Eventually this will all smooth over.

SE need some Polyfiller!! spread some of that crap on the servers and it'll sort it out spot on :D

Shamtastik
4th Sep 2013, 13:13
SE need some Polyfiller!! spread some of that crap on the servers and it'll sort it out spot on :D

If only it were so easy!

Teadax
4th Sep 2013, 13:17
If I was in that SE corporate office right now, I would run my phone through the paper shredder, walk into the elevator, hit the emergency button and just sit there in the dark till Friday.

EzyBee
4th Sep 2013, 13:18
This might - I stress might - make sense in an Alpha, Beta or Stress Test - but release - pre-purchase release to boot - no surprises - just piss poor planning and the belief that folks will ride it out and still shell out $15/month for this poor showing. Games looks great, best play was the 2 hours before shutdown but 6am PDT some 3 hours after systems back online and 1017 again and again lead me to believe 7 days extension is nowhere near enough - perhaps 1 free month - then maybe they'll get their act together.

TheRealKraggy
4th Sep 2013, 13:22
There are FAIL posts all over the Lodestone already, and a LOT of swearing lol
Right now, much of the time I can't connect to the Lodestone forums or else it takes a long, long time. Still, you don't surprise me, there are plenty of haters looking to hate without thinking. I'm far from a fanboy but I'll keep the faith for a few days yet, after all we've been waiting since September 2010 for this game to come good, a few more days won't hurt .. after that, well, Rift and FFXI and GW2 still have plenty of interest for me and ESO some time next year.

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 13:27
I've got to the point where I don't care either way, I'll play when I can play, I won't give up on it but not going to get stressed either.

I'm still positive for the future, positive that Kingdom Heart 1.5 HD gets delivered next friday and will be playing that instead lol (only £23.99 on Amazon! crazy price I think, snapped that offer up straight away!)

Atma-Weapon
4th Sep 2013, 13:41
You could always use AutoHotKeys while you go do something else for a bit. I haven't had to wait longer than 30 mins to get into a server using that program.

Melichor
4th Sep 2013, 13:47

Probably when people ditch this game.