PDA

View Full Version : Can you revisit the forges if need be?

Raz
6th Feb 2004, 02:09
I've just completed the Water Forge with Raziel and, after leaving, I saved the game. Of course, it was just then that I realized I'd forgotten to collect a Health token before leaving. Is it possible for me to return to collect it? Things don't look good... :(

warpsavant
6th Feb 2004, 02:25
I don't think so. You don't need all the health and TK things anyway.

Umah Bloodomen
6th Feb 2004, 02:26
Originally posted by warpsavant
I don't think so. You don't need all the health and TK things anyway.

The health tokens are pretty useful if you're on the brink of death though, Dear. ;)

Raz
6th Feb 2004, 02:30
Ahhh!

Man... I was so confident you could revisit them as I've re-entered a couple immediately after leaving! Damn it! :mad:

Although warp's provided a reply, I'd appreciate confirmation if anybody could be so kind as to provide it... :(

Time to create another save file... :(

warpsavant
6th Feb 2004, 02:30
Well, if Im on the brink of death, I want one of them 'blood basins' and not the health talisman!

Umah Bloodomen
6th Feb 2004, 02:33
Originally posted by Raz
Ahhh!
Although warp's provided a reply, I'd appreciate confirmation if anybody could be so kind as to provide it... :(

To be honest with you, Raz, I never tried. I really didn't see a need to go back once I had completed them.

Blood basin's help too, warp. :D

warpsavant
6th Feb 2004, 02:46
You can go in and out before you forge the blade, but, once you baptise the blade in the primordial flames it can be reimbued at any future time. Oh, wait a second. Uh, I think once you forge the thing and leave there is no going back in there.

Lär
6th Feb 2004, 10:13
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
The health tokens are pretty useful if you're on the brink of death though, Dear. ;)

It's called "don't get hit!!" LOL ;) j/k

Too bad health diminishes over time. :( Otherwise, Kain's mist dodge, and Raz's backflip and "tuck and roll" works wonders!! :p

Later! :D

Raz
6th Feb 2004, 16:53
It's okay... After waking up this morning I remembered collecting the token.

Phew! :p

I'm now fighting the Elder. I got my copy on Wednesday (I work in a videogame store, thank goodness. I couldn't have lasted much longer!), and my mate bought the game this morning (which is when it's officially released in Europe), and he's on the fourth or fifth level. I tell ya, it's tough not to tell him what's in store! :o

Umah Bloodomen
6th Feb 2004, 17:02
Originally posted by Lär
It's called "don't get hit!!" LOL ;) j/k

Yes, but not everyone can manage that. You've read the threads. :p ;)

HolyMoses
6th Feb 2004, 17:52
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Yes, but not everyone can manage that. You've read the threads. :p ;)

Oh, there are some nintendo veterians who can manage that. I refuse to believe that you, Umah, weren't part of the nintendo generation.

The only thing I really need to watch out for are the flying projectiles. When the vampire hunters throw the molitof (sp) cocktales, or the revenants send a TK blast. I've heard it said that you can send a blast from yourself there by blocking the attacks. I have yet to prove this for myself.

As far as "revisiting the forges" I'm pretty sure the gate closes once you exit the citidel.

Umah Bloodomen
6th Feb 2004, 18:01
Originally posted by HolyMoses
Oh, there are some nintendo veterians who can manage that. I refuse to believe that you, Umah, weren't part of the nintendo generation.

Actually I was part of the tail end of the Atari-generation in addition to the Nintendo generation. (Nintendo currently makes up three consoles of my collection). ;)

Originally posted by HolyMoses
The only thing I really need to watch out for are the flying projectiles. When the vampire hunters throw the molitof (sp) cocktales, or the revenants send a TK blast. I've heard it said that you can send a blast from yourself there by blocking the attacks. I have yet to prove this for myself.

I can manage to avoid getting hit in a majority of games I play, however, in games like Defiance for example, how fun is it to go charging into a group of enemies and unleashing a wrath like no other? I love going in all gung-ho. Going in like that and getting hit is to be expected and doesn't really bother me much. (Sometimes I manage to get the upperhand and avoid damage, other times I don't). I didn't have too much of a problem with flying projectiles, but I believe there were a couple parts where I found them to be a bit tedious. (Specifically where I'd be jumping to a higher level only to be greeted with a flaming ball of something or other in my face - causing me to fall back down). :p