PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] vae victus - Irony...

Woetothecongoured
5th Feb 2004, 22:26
I was thinking, if time is immutable, they basically gave us the outcome of the next game. Kain might die, yes they altered history but time is immutable, every alter leads to the same outcome( moebius dead, Raziel in the reaver, and eventually kain might be killed by Raziel ), because Raziel in the reaver may hear conversations on new murals or characters that kain needs to die even though he is healed, something about him effects the land, maybe the curse of vampirism, since we know that the pillars is not really the issue of the land, maybe when vampires recieved their curse the land was eventually going to be cursed anyway, but the pillars being corrupted not only was able to let the hylden scratch through but helped with the corruption that was already seeping through the land of the vampirism). Any ideas?
it will be ironic to see kain stabbed by the reaver like raziel in soul reaver 2, when the soul reaver turns on kain at the end

HolyMoses
6th Feb 2004, 17:59
Kain will die so that new guardians will be born. Raziel will kill him and quite possibly choose the next balance guardian, which is why Kain was desperate to show Raziel that the pillars belonged under vampire rule, so that he might redeem the vampire race. I'll volunteer to be the next balance guardian

Woetothecongoured
6th Feb 2004, 20:15
sotos, im not saying its a fact that he is going to die, we will see in the next game, but if time is immutable, kain may die, because everything they did in the past trying to change it lead to the same outcome, vorador being captured, moebius killed, the pillars topple, Raziel in the blade, and who knows after balance is restored or if by kains death balance is restored, kain may die

HolyMoses
6th Feb 2004, 20:19
Originally posted by Sotos
KAIN cannot die

The series is called LEGACY OF KAIN

it is the main Dark hero and by killing him the whole Legacy of kain world will die with him and the story\series will end or will be changed forever with another main hero and surely the series will not be called Legacy of Kain anymore but will be something different

Really? I thought it was called "The Ludicrously of Sotos"

With every great begining there must be a great ending. Kain will die, it's his fate to die for the world. Always has been, but it will be on his own terms.

And yes, that would end the series, so let's just hope he won't die for awhile.

NeoDodge
6th Feb 2004, 20:47
Kain may die. Then again, he may not.

Being the scion of Balance he is, he might eventually find a way to restore the pillars not involving his death. Like he said himself, Raziel had given him a gift greater even than the power of the Purest Reaver, which was hope.

bish
6th Feb 2004, 20:56
kain doesn't necessarily have to die. he has been cured of the corruption that nuprator spread through the circle, maybe now new guardians will be reborn. obviously they will be humans but kain can sort that out :) kain also knows now that it wasn't the hylden that started the war, but squiddy (can't wait until he's dead). so IF he lets the hylden back into nosgoth, and that's a big if, then there will be no need for the guardians. the vampire curse would then be undone and they can have little vampire kiddies again. but then that does mean that kain would no longer be immortal and therefore die. oops how did i get there :)

Woetothecongoured
6th Feb 2004, 21:06
lol cause time is immutable

NeoDodge
6th Feb 2004, 21:33
Allow me to discuss this matter of time bieng immutable.

With Raziel, we have already had an example of a creature, out of the wheel of fate, which truly had its own free will. What if Kain's heart of darkness being ripped off, and his yet unexplained return, had made him another of these "free pawns" as well ? Being thus granted free will, he may now be able to alter history and time...

I'm just here exposing a theory that's come to my mind, then since I'm not good at deep research and thought, I may be wrong all along.

Protector_Malek
6th Feb 2004, 22:49
Originally posted by Sotos
KAIN cannot die
The series is called LEGACY OF KAIN

Just because the name is "Legacy of Kain"... kain can't die??
:rolleyes:
I think it would be a great ending if kain dies... finally accepting the sacrifice to restore nosgoth..

Woetothecongoured
6th Feb 2004, 23:37
yeah pm, that might be a good ending, exspecially if they have the blade turn on him like it did Raziel

Protector_Malek
7th Feb 2004, 00:49
I didn't understand that part about the blade :confused:

Woetothecongoured
7th Feb 2004, 07:21
well like i posted in one of the post called vae victus irony, Raziel may hear through the reaver people conversating with kain how he needs to die and murals depicting it, at the end Raziel may turn on kain, and the soul reaver sticks him.(remember in soul reaver 2 how the blades turned on raziel) that was what i was talking about

Woetothecongoured
7th Feb 2004, 07:23
lol oops this is the post, my bad heeheehee, i thought i was in your post called the next legacy of kain/

Jeffers
7th Feb 2004, 19:48
Why would Kain need to die to restore the pillars?

Raziel was the one who decided the fate of the pillars, because he is the only person who's destiny can be decided by him, and him alone because of his unique resurrection. (It said so in Defiance)

Raziel made his choice, the combined souls of the pst balance guardians are all pure, Kain's was corrupt. With Kain possesing the soul reaver, Raziel's destiny has now been fulfilled and Kain's Soul has been purified, or it has as far as I can tell.

So in my opinion Kain can now set to work on restoring the pillars, due to them starting to revert to their original guardians and restore strength to the binding.

All my opinions of course, but seems to make sense to me.

Jeffers

Edit: and don't forget, in Defiance the time line hasn't been altered. Everything happend as it was suppose to happen and always has happend since the timeline changed in SR2.

Woetothecongoured
7th Feb 2004, 20:00
his death might not heal the pillars but nosgoth

Jeffers
7th Feb 2004, 20:21
But the pillars and Nosgoth are linked. If the pillars are corrupted, Nosgoth get poisend. In my opinion, you can't heal one without the other.

Jeffers