PDA

View Full Version : lok crashes

Aeonz1113
5th Feb 2004, 15:38
I just installed lok-defiance on my new system and no matter what video settings i use the game keeps crashing, often in the same spot of the first stage.. right after you jump over the water near the fall inside the castle.
The screen goes black, green i/o light of the monitor flashes and i have to reboot.

now im kinda ticked cause i want to play this game bad and my rig should play it just fine :mad:

note: just formated, installed directx9b, catalyst 4.1
*Never had any problems with any other games

Umah Bloodomen
5th Feb 2004, 18:37
While I sympathize with your frustration, that is no excuse for you to circumvent the forum censors with your post. Please review the Terms of Use of Our Community (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18226) at your earliest convenience.

Also, our resident tech guru's will assist you when their schedules permit.

Thanks. :)

blincoln
5th Feb 2004, 18:42
What are your system specs? Is your CPU or graphics card overclocked?

Jurjen
6th Feb 2004, 00:16
How exactly does it crash, do you get any messages, etc?

Wraith_BlaDe
6th Feb 2004, 09:40
Originally posted by Aeonz1113

The screen goes black, green i/o light of the monitor flashes and i have to reboot.

I had the same problem, only it started happening until I got almost to the end of the game, it crashed on me a few times, the game would completely crash windows beyond the "alt+Control+delete" remedy, The screen would just go black after a loud sound, the display of my monitor would go black, and windows was completely screwed, I always had to reboot. After I rebooted, I was finally able to complete the game. Not sure why it started happening to me, like I said it started when I got close to the end of the game, really odd.

Im using a Radeon 9800 Pro- I was using the Cat 3.9 drivers through out the entire game. I could never figure out what the problem was, as it never happens to me when implaying any other game.

orkactus
6th Feb 2004, 18:53
hum, I have a radeon too and I have the same problem. I enconter it another time before, was in the game Neverwinter Nights. This is due of your radeon. In NWN, we could set AGP configuration of the card to "disabled". The problem was fixed. But I tried in this game and I still have crashes. You may try but I can't promise it workes.
Strangely, the game crashes near water or magical effects like in the first act near the statue with energy bolt in his hands in the huge place outdoor or the water ( waterfalls ). I feel realy this games seems soooooo good but I can't play sniff. I hope game engeneers fix it thx.

Orkactus, sad man who wanna play !

Jurjen
6th Feb 2004, 20:30
Have you tried playing sections which are problematic for your graphics adapter with fullscreen effects disabled?

orkactus
6th Feb 2004, 22:27
I reduced AGP to 1X and I haven't crashed yet ( since 4 hours ). It seems my solution works. ( you can configure AGP in the SMARTGART section of your graphics parameters ) Good game ! ( i'm stuck for the moment :p )

Ork