PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Extras in the PAL version?

Caer-caveral
3rd Feb 2004, 13:23
well, as you've probably figured out, this is me asking how much of the extras will be present in the PAL-version. This is actually important for me to know, as it pretty much decides wether I will buy it when it gets here or pursue an import.
Can Chris or someone else who knows please clear this up for me. And I'm very sorry if this has been answered in the past, but the search function isn't functioning for me.

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Feb 2004, 16:43
Depending on what platform you're purchasing Defiance for will determine what extras you get. For example, the PC version contains various concept and development pictures. In addition to these pictures, the console versions have various video outtake sessions involving the voice actors. This is how it was for the NTSC versions and it is my understanding the PAL versions will include the same.

There is also a limited edition German PC version of Defiance that will also contain SR1 and SR2, along with a map, bonus CD, poster with fan art, tips and tricks, plot guide and some other nifty things.

fneh
4th Feb 2004, 14:28
The PAL version will probably be the same. There's a VERY SMALL chance that a few bugs will be fixed. It's out in like 2 days anyway so just wait and buy the PAL one.

ali_turk
4th Feb 2004, 19:28
hey FNEH where are you from? i tink i know you!?

VoRaDoR
4th Feb 2004, 20:45
Originally posted by fneh
The PAL version will probably be the same. There's a VERY SMALL chance that a few bugs will be fixed. It's out in like 2 days anyway so just wait and buy the PAL one.

I've actually written to ~Chris regarding the fixes. ~Chris said to me that on the European version of LOK-D there are many fixes already. As for the extras I have no idea. A poster would be excellent.

Caer-caveral
4th Feb 2004, 21:26
Actually, I was just asking about the extras like outtakes and stuff like that. I heard that some of them were cut from SR2, and since I really, really love those, I just wanted to know if they would all be present this time.

bish
4th Feb 2004, 21:52
hi

as far as i can see, the extras on the pal version are as follows:

character work for both kain and raziel, as i can see so far,
which you collect as items during the game play - ten in total for each, maybe twelve

and a 'making of defiance' defiance video that i think is only available once you've completed it either that or
getting ALL the items i mentioned in the above spoiler

then there is the dark chronicle, but instead of it being just the script, it is all the major cutscenes. nice touch :)

cheers

bish