PDA

View Full Version : obscura painting

pgwolfe
23rd Jan 2004, 06:43
I'm in the last room at hall of seasons trying to get the painting from bro. obscura. I can't seem to get to one of the statues before it changes to another statue. and the shotgun does not have any affect on bro. obscura, any suggestions?

Dino
23rd Jan 2004, 08:13
Use the Search function -- there are many threads with "Brother Obscura" or "Red Ghost" in the thread title.

With the Search function, there is no waiting for a reply.

This is one of the best of the posts you would find if you used the Search:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Quillan
The way I did it, was after the cutscene, crouch immediately and crawl out to the side of the room. You can crawl around the room picking up the shotgun and shells at this point.

Find out what statue has the blue light on it. Crawl around the outside of the room until you are near that statue. Save the game. Crawl a little closer, and see if the light is still there. If so, save the game. If not, reload. Repeat until you are as close as possible to the statue without the light moving to another.

Now, quickly, when the ghost moves away, stand and recrouch, and draw your shotgun. Stay facing the statue at all times. Do not turn around to shoot at the ghost when it is behind you; you need to be able to see the statue. Now, when the ghost is in front of you, shoot it. When the ghost pauses, stand up, put away the shotgun, and RUN to the statue and hit the action key. If you have timed the pause correctly, you will be able to grab the painting.

Once you have, crouch immediately again, and double check your inventory to be SURE it is there. If it is, save the game again, and crawl out of the room and down the stairs.

orlando
8th Feb 2004, 11:15
wot do after that?? after i have the painting

Dino
8th Feb 2004, 12:20
"Crawl out of the room and down the stairs."

The corridor will become flooded. Swim up to the light.