PDA

View Full Version : WANTED! Looking for friends?

Grimoire
21st Jun 2012, 12:25
Missing someone? Lost a friend from the old version of the Members website? Or just looking for people to befriend in general? Then shout out their names or present yourself here in this thread.

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 12:50
Well, she's been here since the site returned, but there's something going on that concerns both of them.
Onto the topic, there's a person I'm looking for, but it seems that he abandonded the site. He went by the name diehardff7fan.

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 15:00
Wondering if elisabel is still kicking around. I know she peeked in once but not since.

Also, if anyone here remembers the old "learning Japanese" group? I used to help out since I was taking it in university and I regret forgetting about the group and drifting off... other distractions took over.

Grimoire
21st Jun 2012, 15:14
Wondering if elisabel is still kicking around. I know she peeked in once but not since.

There you go, I forwarded the link to this thread.

member_10770952
21st Jun 2012, 15:46
By the way, Super-Strife122: The one you were looking for is safe and sound. I received a friend request from her just a few minutes ago.
thank you.

be careful

MitsuyaEli
22nd Jun 2012, 08:13

Also, if anyone here remembers the old "learning Japanese" group? I used to help out since I was taking it in university and I regret forgetting about the group and drifting off... other distractions took over.

??? It's me, even though I changed my name to MitsuyaEli.

I haven't logged in lately. I do come to peek at the site, see if they've brought back more of the old features, but since everything is visible without logging in I don't bother to do so.

Japanese Academy was doomed to fail from the beginning. I agreed to teach as a favor to Cecil more than anything. You don't learn a foreign langauge in a message board. If the groups ever come back I'm going to delete it.

Automaton
22nd Jun 2012, 11:35
And of course, here I'm now thinking... I have a JP SEM account and I posted on your comments page a few days ago. Hi there, again!

Definitely try to keep watching to see if anything changes/comes back.

MitsuyaEli
23rd Jun 2012, 10:49
LOL Hello on this side of the internet!

member_10747460
27th Jun 2012, 03:06
Grimoire? Well well, long time no see. How is my old friend doing after this long? I cannot believe the strange modifications they have made to Square Enix Members. It is just not the same.

member_10747460
27th Jun 2012, 03:22
Oh my! About 75% of my friends are gone from my friend list.

Grimoire
27th Jun 2012, 03:32
Why, hello there Kuja. Thank you for the friend request, it's nice to see you again.

And yes indeed...we do no longer have much of a My Page, nor do we have any groups...instead, we have this open forum. I must say, I miss the old 3D avatar.

I have been fine, thank you for asking. It's just that so much has changed or come to an end lately. How have you been doing? I hope you have had a nice summer so far.

75%, huh? I don't know about the others, but personally I felt like giving everyone a new chance to not have me on their friends list, so I removed pretty much everyone from my list as soon as the current version of SEM NA went online.

member_10747460
27th Jun 2012, 13:58
Glad to know you have been fine. I am fine, better than ever. My summer has been a bit of a chaos, but nothing out of the ordinary. How is your summer?

It is a totally new website, and everything is public now; I am not sure how this is going to work out. Ah yes, the little avatars we had. They were fun to mess with.

I see. I was not planning to come back to Square Enix, but after I heard about the new changes; I wanted to drop by and see what was going on.

Grimoire
27th Jun 2012, 14:25
A little chaos every now and then cannot be wrong...I'd like to say. I think...

I have had a quite eventful summer so far. A few nights ago, I even had the luck to bear witness to The Queen of the Night in full bloom: semna28.webs.com/Queen_of_the_Night.jpg (http://semna28.webs.com/Queen_of_the_Night.jpg)

It truly was an amazing event, celebrated with opera singing and piano music at the old botanical garden. After all, this beauty was the star of their ongoing desert exhibition.

Well, at least it's good to see that the staff makes sure so that everything is on topic now. No Yu-Gi-Oh!, hentai or Pokémon groups anymore.

member_10747460
28th Jun 2012, 12:39
That is great to hear. I had to do my little research about The Queen of the Night. It is indeed a truely amazing event. They only bloom once a year, and they do it during the night. It is great to learn new things.

Oh yes; I suppose that is a good thing. We will just have to wait and see. I heard this rumor; that Square Enix might bring back some of the old stuff back into the new page. I am not sure if this is true or not, as I am somewhat late on news.

Grimoire
28th Jun 2012, 12:45
100% correct. ^_^

So they say...but the old avatar system will not return, and, apart from the groups, I am not sure what will. They said that it will take a while until the My Page section receives more updates.

Lightning_Stryker
28th Jun 2012, 12:48
100% correct. ^_^

So they say...but the old avatar system will not return, and, apart from the groups, I am not sure what will. They said that it will take a while until the My Page section receives more updates.

Awww *sob*

member_10770952
28th Jun 2012, 12:51
im sure it will come back. h he- it will return.

Grimoire
28th Jun 2012, 12:54
That's what Mr. Peeler said yesterday.

"While I understand there are users who miss the old avatar format, we have no plans to return to the previous system."

Along with this:

"Overtime we will have more customization options in the MY SITE page."

member_10770952
28th Jun 2012, 13:08
hmm... and i thought this system was only temporary ..-_-

Rockman22
28th Jun 2012, 13:12
huh??

Grimoire
28th Jun 2012, 13:17
"hmm... and i thought this system was only temporary ..-_-"

I guess not. Either way, do you have any more questions on this subject? If so, feel free to ask. This thread is a good place to do so, since many returning mebers might drop by to get a briefing on the site overhaul.

"huh??" What, if I may ask?

Zench-XIII
28th Jun 2012, 13:34
So the former avatar system won't return. Such a shame to lose a cool function, but we must learn to move forward.

As for my now forever vanished 3D friend, all I can say is: In pace requiescat.

Grimoire
28th Jun 2012, 14:04
Indeed. The 3D avatar system truly brought this place to life.

Rockman22
28th Jun 2012, 14:10
So the former avatar system won't return. Such a shame to lose a cool function, but we must learn to move forward.

As for my now forever vanished 3D friend, all I can say is: In pace requiescat.

ok now i get it... i think.

Grimoire
29th Jun 2012, 03:07
We can still always admire the Japanese avatar gallery, though.

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery/)

I heard this rumor; that Square Enix might bring back some of the old stuff back into the new page. I am not sure if this is true or not, as I am somewhat late on news.

Quoting Mr. Peeler:

"I will clarify that, at the moment, we're not intent on bringing back the games from the previous Members system. Our focus and intent on this new Members platform is to focus on player communication and refine that experience. I definitely can understand that many of you who are fond of the older system miss much of the features available there. However with the launch of new, very-welcome features such as these forums, and other content down the road, I hope you'll be happy to call this new site your home."

YukiTsubaki
30th Jun 2012, 20:41
At least I hope that the groups will be back up and running. Johonny's was such a delightful place to get off topic.

Gigi: Not to mention we're getting booored and I miss Johnny-kins! <3

The Posse is currently somewhat occupied here shopping and watching...sports.

Adel: I like the guys in the tight uniforms. :3

Heeelp! >_<

Rockman22
30th Jun 2012, 20:57
???

Lightning_Stryker
30th Jun 2012, 20:59
So the former avatar system won't return. Such a shame to lose a cool function, but we must learn to move forward. As for my now forever vanished 3D friend, all I can say is: In pace requiescat.

*sob* I'm gonna miss my friend /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Rockman22
30th Jun 2012, 21:01
um who?

Lightning_Stryker
30th Jun 2012, 21:17
My little 3D avatar

Rockman22
30th Jun 2012, 21:25
oh yeah. iv'e heard of those. um sorry?.

Lightning_Stryker
30th Jun 2012, 21:30
It just really stinks because I thought it was cool to customize them. I had just changed my avatar's out fit too! Grr! xD

member_10422215
30th Jun 2012, 21:36
>.< i liked them too! it was something for me draw T~T and i drew some nice ones too....i was getting better for once >.<

Rockman22
30th Jun 2012, 21:42
hmm.. sounds nice..... im sorry for your losses.

Grimoire
2nd Jul 2012, 02:13
*Continuing the avatar discussion in this thread: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231/29158361/Your_Avatar) *

member_10073914
3rd Jul 2012, 08:44
Timotarou-san...doko da?

Grimoire
3rd Jul 2012, 08:47
The Japanese members miss him, too.

"Is that NA staff Timotaro? I miss him a lot."

member_10740464
3rd Jul 2012, 16:21
It's a pleasure to see you again my old friend, Grimoire ^_^

It is me, Sam S. Enix "Japan-Lover" everyone ^.^

I'll look forward to meet the others in the near future ^_^

So until then, let us start anew! ^.^

Grimoire
3rd Jul 2012, 17:54
Welcome back to the site, Sam S. Enix.

geniick1236
7th Apr 2014, 17:43
sorry but having differculty finding ps4 friends and ps3 friends thread so can someone point me in right direction pls then this thread can be locked or removed :D

Grimoire
8th Apr 2014, 11:23
While there isn't really a specific thread for PS3 and PS4 friends, I believe that this one will do. I hope that you'll find the ones you are looking for (or perhaps even befriend new people), geniick1236.