PDA

View Full Version : Cloud of Darkness...

Squall-Nathan
21st Jun 2012, 09:15
I have the DS remake and have yet to beat Cloud of Darkness. Granted, I haven't played it in years but I think when i'm done with FF VI I'm going to come back and defeat her once and for all. I would like to have beaten every #FF game but I just found CoD too difficult. I heard she's even harder in the SNES version.

iambasho777
21st Jun 2012, 12:02
Well we never got the SNES version stateside, but I did hear they nerfed the whole game a ton in the NDS version. I have seen a youtube vid of people beating her at level 28, so any higher than 40 shouldn't be all too hard (I haven't beaten FFIII in about three years, so the only boss I remember well is Iron Giant). Just remember to always level up as a party of Black Belts, and always heed this guide:

www.gamefaqs.com/ds/924897-final-fantasy... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/924897-final-fantasy-iii/faqs/4604)

It has absolutely everything you need to know about the job system, from how to level up your jobs to the damage and hit count equations. I am indebted to penguin_knight for at least 40 hours of my life, for that's about how much time this guide has saved me so far.

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 23:06
I think you're lucky to even get to face Iron Giant, Bash. *grumbles about Mognet gating that and Onion Knight*

If only I didn't overwrite my end-game save years ago when I was close to finishing.

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 23:17
That's what I like about the iOS version, it makes obtaining the Onion Knight easier by forgetting the Mognet deal like in the DS version. But I'll wait for the PSP version to be localized, so I can play it with a proper button pressing.

Besides, I kinda screwed with the HP of my party.

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 21:12
I think you're lucky to even get to face Iron Giant, Bash. *grumbles about Mognet gating that and Onion Knight*

If only I didn't overwrite my end-game save years ago when I was close to finishing.

I had a friend a few years back who also had the game. We each got lvl 99 of half the jobs and used Mognet to get all of the job exclusive items so that aspect was a breeze. However, I sold that copy of the game and my friend moved to Texas (three states away) and we aren't in contact all that much anymore. Whenever I get back around to III (I have a file halfway through but it probably won't be touched til Christmas) I'll definitely need a benevolent soul here to Mognet with me :D

Squall-Nathan
22nd Jun 2012, 21:27
Hmm...I just recall CoD using a move that did max damage to my party. Perhaps I was underleveled although I want to say I was 50ish. (Deleted the save awhile back)

Jackstin
23rd Jun 2012, 09:55
Hmm...I just recall CoD using a move that did max damage to my party. Perhaps I was underleveled although I want to say I was 50ish. (Deleted the save awhile back)

Well you're upposed to lose to her first time...might be that.

Squall-Nathan
23rd Jun 2012, 13:03
Could be. One of the save files on my game might still be at the Crystal Tower...Although it takes an hour or two to get through the Tower, I might just do a quick run and try to beat her using a guide.

member_10822883
24th Jun 2012, 20:48
In the NES version, she uses Flare Wave/Particle Beam every turn instead of using a more varied battle script with tentacles in the NDS version. I'd say the NES version was easier; two Sages with Mega Flare and Curaja and two Ninjas with Haste and Shuriken and she's down and out quickly. Otherwise, NDS version isn't much different in difficulty to the original honestly.

onigiri619
13th Jul 2012, 19:25
T-T

If only the allowed you to save before the final dungeon....(damn you, quicksave)