PDA

View Full Version : The completely off topic socialization thread.

DrkSnpr14
13th Jan 2004, 15:34
Hey, what's up?

BTW, heres those cookies I promised.http://www.hilltopbakery.com/images/cookiePlate.gif

DjZ
21st Jan 2004, 02:59
nutthing much just posting at 3 am and working on a job application form :)

whats everbody else up 2?

questrobin
21st Jan 2004, 11:13
I'm at "work" in the office right now, wasting the bosses' time.:D

DrkSnpr14
22nd Jan 2004, 21:20
lol, questrobin shame on you!;) I'm just sitting at home snowed in. We just had a huge blizzard last night and theres like a foot of fresh snow out there. (I have GOT to get a snow blower!) Hey! This is my 500th post! Sweet!

*Would anyone like something to drink? Some snacks maybe?*

questrobin
23rd Jan 2004, 08:51
Ah, sniper! Snow...lots of snow.. We can only dream of that over here. The last blizzard we had here was in 1979! We have winters, like this one in which we don't have even an inch of snow. Hey: when you got your snowblower, blow some snow overhere, but please so much that I can't leave my house so I can't reach my work:D. Id rather stay inside and split:)
Regards, Robin

DrkSnpr14
23rd Jan 2004, 15:44
Will do questrobin, I'll set it on super high and point it in your direction. I'm shure there's enough snow to go around.:D

questrobin
27th Jan 2004, 14:51
Well, we were promised some snow here this week, wonder how much it will be. But don't think I'll need a blower...

I wondered if you're a fanatic splitter like me? Do you know the NGC-list where the best splitters around the globe compete with their scores?How are your scores?
Check the thread "Wichtig: forumsranking" in the TS2 forum of the german Eidos site (www.eidos.de) and tell me how your scores are compared to mine in the rankings.

DrkSnpr14
4th Feb 2004, 12:49
Originally posted by questrobin

Check the thread "Wichtig: forumsranking" in the TS2 forum of the german Eidos site (www.eidos.de) and tell me how your scores are compared to mine in the rankings.

I wonder if you could post a more direct link, I unfortunitly got lost in the German site.:(

questrobin
4th Feb 2004, 13:32
Sure.
www.eidoshelpline.de/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=26461

Well, have you bought your snowblower? We had our own snowshower here last week: we had ONE cm of snow. WOW!;)

Regards, Robin

DrkSnpr14
4th Feb 2004, 20:46
:eek: WOW, those are some crazy high scores! Maybe I'll go and check mine. Who knows, I might have a record. (I doubt it though:D ) And unfortunately my snow blower it kaput. We've been getting regular amounts of a FEET of snow. Wow, 1 cm eh? I really hope your being sarcastic;)

questrobin
16th Feb 2004, 14:31
Yes, it was sarcastic. It was the only snow this winter and haven't seen some since.
Were you able to leave the house yet or are ye living on foodrations?

DrkSnpr14
20th Feb 2004, 04:51
Well, as tempting as it was to stay indoors and play my PS2 all day, I very much missed the sun. And my rations were running low as well. I grabbed my shovel, and spent 3 HOURS digging myself out. Plus I had a dance to go to, so there was a motivation factor. It's awesome right now, it's heated up to a blazing -10 C ! (I don't know what that is in Farrenheight, sorry) I actually just got back from the dance, I'm wearing shorts, walking around outside in - 10 C. It was a hawian theme. Very nice.

*It seems like were the only ones her in the lounge questrobin. I wonder were everyone else is?

questrobin
20th Feb 2004, 13:23
Everyone else is still under the snow:D
Seriously, don't know where they are. I think not many take a look at the community chat. But I like to talk off topic.
We have also Celsius here. Today a lot of sun, some 4 degrees but with a "very" (for dutch standards) cold wind. But a relief after the weeks of rain we got behinfd us.
I don't like to dance, never have and I'm to old for that ****. Must have been a funny sight, outside in your shorts.:D
Hope you're snowfree soon. What other consolegames do you like besides TS2?

Regards, Robin.

DrkSnpr14
22nd Feb 2004, 01:02
I think you may be right. I heard that Halifax just got A METER of snow in 2 days! I thought I had it bad in my tiny section of the great white north, but wow. A whole meter. :eek: Well fortuity the snow has begun to subside. And now for the summer. We have a joke in Ontario, that we only have two seasons, winter and summer. Winters can get to -38 C and last summer made it to +39 C one day. Very brutal. As for other console games, well I like almost any First Person shooter that's done well. Huge Goldeneye and Perfect Dark fan. Yesterday however, I rented the newly released 'James Bond 007 everything or nothing'. It's the newest Bond game from EA, following up from Nightfire. This time around it's a third person shooter, which I thought was going to be awkward, but it actually worked out great. I did however manage to beat it on easy in about 8 hours.:D Outside the shooters, I love the racers. I have a need for speed that requires attention. I'm like GT3, Need for speed underground, and midnight club 2. The best part is getting some nice techno tunes on your stereo, turn the game music of, and cranking the volume. Outside of consoles however, I am hopelessly addicted to Command and Conquer - Yuri's Revenge, the sequel to Red Alert 2. When I'm not on this site, I'm playing it online.:cool: Anyways, that was a really long post, so I think I'll cut it off there. Now, questrobin, same question. Outside of TS2, what do you like to play?

*Anyone else want to join in on the chat? Come on, take your coat off, stay a while.:)

questrobin
23rd Feb 2004, 16:10
Hello there, Dark sniper.
Good to hear from you again.
Well, -39 degrees is unheard of overhere, I think the record for Holand is -19, still cold enough. But Ontario is beautiful, in every season. I've been there in August '82 and I loved it.:)
Pity that we live so far from eachother. Would love to play a LAN-game splitters. But maybe when TS3 will be out we could play online.
What games do I play. I have a long gaming history, starting about 1980 with the Atari 2600 and Pacman, and on with the SuperNes, N64 and now the Cube. My absolute favorit is TS2, but I also loved Resident Evil(great suspence and atmosphere), Pikmin, Luigis mansion and Zelda. My son and I have played co-op Medal of honor: Rising sun last saturdaynight and that was fun! I had never played it before and he had started it alone, but got stuck. Together we worked it out. Oh, and of course mario kart Double Dash together!
Oh, and we have enjoyed Perfect Dark as well, but got stuck on the mission. What was it, after some ten levels there was an endboss and I couldn't figure out how to kill the end Boss. It was after the ruins where I had to destroy the three pillars. I got over the deep hole and into new ruins. Underground at the end, there was that boss.... Haven't played it since, shame actually. Maybe you know the solution?
Unfortunately I have no experience playing online, but if TS3 has that possibility, I'll try it definately.
Okay, enough now. I'm at work right now, but can go home now.
Take care and regards, Robin.

DrkSnpr14
23rd Feb 2004, 20:57
But maybe when TS3 will be out we could play online.

Absolutely! TS3 will be a huge impact on forum member interactivity, being we can actually play together! I also totally forgot all my fav. Old school games to. I was addicted to the original Legend of Zelda on the NES for ever! The Atari was a little before my time however, but I still like to go oldschool sometimes. My absolute Fav. game of all time however, has to be The Legend of Zelda - The Ocarina of Time. I've beat it 4 times. It's just so fun to go back and do it all over again.:D And BTW, I know what you are talking about with the final boss for Perfect Dark. It took me some time to figure it out, but once you know what to do, it's as easy as pie. OK, first of all, if you remember the pillars you must destroy, you have to find ALL FIVE of them and blow them up. The objective is to only blow up only three of them, yes, but if all five are destroyed, you will be rewarded with double phoenoxes. These are key to beating the Skedar king easily. What you have to do is continuously shoot the skedar king with the double phoenix on the explosive shells function. Eventually he will fire his slayer rocket launcher, and it will explode in his face because of the phoenix shell explosions. Because of this, he cant actually harm you. When this happens, his shield will need to be regenerated. He will go at the foot of the shrine and kind of crouch. While this happens, the orange shield protecting the three spikes on the shrine will be down. You have to shoot the left and right ones first. Then shoot the middle one. I wont ruin the end for you, but that's what you need to do. Here's hoping you succeed! TTYL.

DrkSnpr14

questrobin
24th Feb 2004, 16:10
Aah, thank you man! Thanks very much for the solution of beating the skedar king! At last I know what to do. Would never have thought of destroying all five pillars. Hope to try it soon.
Oh yes, Ocarina of time... Great game. Has been a while though. My son has finished it twice or three times. Curently he has played Majoras mask for the second or third time and last weekend he was replaying the Windwaker. I like a Link to the past most.
And thanks for the cookies. Good idea to post them in the TS2 forum as well. Maybe more players will join our little chat.
Do you like to read thriller novels? I'm currently reading another book from a VERY GOOD thriller writer, Robert Goddard. Ooh, very thrilling.

Bye, Robin

DrkSnpr14
5th Mar 2004, 03:55
Excellent! It's always satisfying to know that you are able to help someone in need.:) Sadly though, no one seems to want to chat with us. :( What a shame. Since the early days of my existence on this forum, I have yet to see a thriving community in this section of the forum. I hear tales of many a posts being had, but that seems nothing more then myth and fable now. Wow, sorry, I've been reading a lot of Prof. Tolkens master piece, The Lord Of the Rings lately. Excellent story, very well written. A little challenging to tackle, seeing as he uses a lot of very big words. After a while however, you get right in to it, like I am, and are hooked till the end. Right now I'm in Rivendale, in the first book, 'The fellowship of the Ring'. Eventually, I'll work my way onto 'The Two Towers', and 'The Return of the King'. A lot of reading is going to be had. And to answer your question questrobin (say that 10 times fast!) about thriller novels, well, there not my favorite. As you can see I like the epic adventure types. Something were the characters face an immense task and have to overcome impossible odds to complete it. I like a good story, myth and legend as well. Mystical stuff you might say. Oh and by the way, If anyone has seen the LOTR movies, and not read the books, I VERY STRONGLY suggest you do so. They did a very good job of representation in the films, but a bunch of material was still left out. And just one more thing, since it seems I've rambled on again, I'm going to throw a question out into the mob. Is it possible to find a free image hosting website, and if so were can I find it. I've wanted to start a community chat photo album, but the only digital pictures I have of my self are not very flattering were they are posted. If anyone can help me with this, please let me know. Thanks.

DrkSnpr14

tyrantyoshi
6th Mar 2004, 23:40
I have a Yu-Gi-Oh board here! (http://pub119.ezboard.com/byugiohdeckgarage)

DrkSnpr14
7th Mar 2004, 06:13
Yay! I managed to find a free image host site. I tossed my question out the eidos general community, and managed to get a good one. It's free and fast. Easy to use to!:D Just letting all you know so that we don't have like 20 responses with suggestions.

KittenCeleste
7th Mar 2004, 19:17
Originally posted by DrkSnpr14
Excellent story, very well written. A little challenging to tackle, seeing as he uses a lot of very big words.

Agreed, LOTR provides for an excellent read. Have yet to finish it myself, but have read The Hobbit which is also a good one (up until the end, which I found a bit odd, but that's another discussion ;))
Absolutely adore the movies, they make for the shortest 3,5 hours ever! :p

If you enjoy a little Sci-Fi/Fantasy reading, may I suggest Dune? Great stuff, also challenging I think with the amount of detail in it. But it gives your imagination a good workout. :) Have seen the movie several times already, but the book provides a much broader journey and far better insight into the individual characters which cannot be captured on screen. ;)

Anyhoo.. that's just my two pence :D

Whiplord
7th Mar 2004, 20:36
Originally posted by KittenCeleste
If you enjoy a little Sci-Fi/Fantasy reading, may I suggest Dune? Great stuff, also challenging I think with the amount of detail in it. But it gives your imagination a good workout. :) Have seen the movie several times already, but the book provides a much broader journey and far better insight into the individual characters which cannot be captured on screen. ;)
[/B]

That book... *shudders* so darn long....

questrobin
9th Mar 2004, 12:47
I would say that a really good book can't be long enough:)
I usually don't read books when I've seen the movie first, so I don't think I will read the LOTR-trilogy. Also the size scares me a bit. And there are so many other books I want to read first.
My son and I, we went to the cinema last saturday to see LOTR: return of the King. We already own the extended version of the first two films on DVD.
Oh, last week I bought the DVD's "24" season Two and "Alias" season one. I had seen season one of "24" but not yet season two. So I immediately bought the DVD when it hit the shop last week, and last night I watched the first four episodes. Tonight I'll watch episodes 5-8. What a fantastic series, anyone agree?
I don't know "Alias" yet, but it had very good reviews in DVD Review. I'll take a chance with this, but I think I won't be dissapointed.
Great that more people have posted in this tread.

regards, Robin.

KittenCeleste
10th Mar 2004, 18:50
Could never make myself sit down quietly long enough to watch 24.. :o Don't know why, but it just didn't appeal to me. The lads at work loved it though!
Have more of a taste for the paranormal.. ;)

DrkSnpr14
15th Mar 2004, 04:43
I've never actually heard of 24, I assume from Miss Celeste's comment, that it's a sort of psi-fi thing. What's it about? And about Alias, defiantly a good investment. I've watch a lot of that show lately, and am starting to get hooked on it. It's one of those really good shows that still manage to fly under the radar. Well, on other news, I got this e-mail the other day:

http://www.canadagoju.com/news/Elora/2004/images/Invite2004.jpg

For those of you who know, I have been studying Goju Karate for quite some time. The thing that makes this tourny special is not only the fact that it's the biggest one of the year, but it's also the first one that I'll be competing at the blackbelt level. (:eek: Gulp!)
So, until then, I may seem absent from the forum. Here's hoping I make it back in one piece.:D Ill try and get a friend of mine to take pictures. Ill post them here and share the results with everyone.

Until next time, DrkSnpr14

questrobin
17th Mar 2004, 13:38
24 is no psi-fi thing. It's about Jack Bauer, special agent at the CTU (Counter terrorist Unit). a Season is 24 episodes, each episode one hour of the same day. It's actually playing time is 45 min, but with the commercials the show fills an hour.
In the first series jacK has to protect a president candidate in the pre-elections being assasinated, while his daughter is kidnapped and his wife also disappears. And there is a mole at CTU. And it all has a connection. It's very thrilling. At the end of season one somthing dramatic happens which causes jack to quit his Job at CTU.
Saeson two is 18 months later and Jack is called reluctantly back to CTU. This time a nuclear bomb is located in L.A. (where Jack lives) and he must hrry to find the bomb in time.
I won't tell more because it would spoil the fun. I can only recommend this series HIGHLY to you. When you get the chance, pick it up. You won't be disappointed. or I'll pay you your money back:D
karatefreah, eh? Good for you. I wish I could do it too, but I'm too lazy. But let me know how the tournament went.
has the snow melted yet? Today we have our first springday: temp. up to 20 degrees!:)

regards, R:cool:bin.

DrkSnpr14
20th Mar 2004, 17:34
Ah, old man winter has a death grip on us right now. It's hovering around 0 C, and the snow doesn't seem to want to go. It's pouring rain outside as I type this, so that might help a bit. That 24 series sounds very interesting. I'll have to look into that indeed. I have a question to anyone who reads this; Do you play 'Command and Conquer - Red alert 2' or 'Yuri's Revenge'?
Usually I'm no good at RTS games, but wow this one has me hooked. If you want to learn about it go to www.westwood.com I'm asking because it has online play, and I'm looking for new people to play with/against. If anyone wants to give me there online name so I can find them, that would be great! My name is, of course, DrkSnpr14. The one and only.:cool: :D

BTW, anyone know what happened to one of our moderators, Jumpin Jebus? I don't think I've EVER seen him here before. Maybe I just missed. Just curious.

Chow for now

questrobin
24th Mar 2004, 13:25
Yeah, don't hesitate to check out "24". You won't regret it.
I don't know any of the games you mentioned, but This week SOCOM II came out and it also has online play. Got very good ratings and the videos I saw on t.v. looked very good. It's playable with 15 other players in one team. Guess we would make a good team, together with "Skeletor" and some other forummembers.
Do you have a lot of onlineplaying experience? I have none, but it seems great fun!

R:cool:bin

DrkSnpr14
26th Mar 2004, 14:08
I've played a few games online, but no shooters yet. I'm one of those people who hasn't got around to playing SOCOM yet. I'm quite sure it's amazing, but I don't know. In the future I'll eventually play it. Hmmm, a team online for socom eh? Sounds like a plan. We can be the TimeSplitters clan.:D I'm just to excited about TS3 right now. Forum relations will be much tighter if we all play online together. I just may check out that 24 you speak of. Sounds interesting. So, anyone looking foreward to the new forums? (click on my sig to go and register. No posting there yet, still under construction...)

We have got to take this thread over to the new TS3 forum when we're allowed to post. :D

W.D.
26th Mar 2004, 19:11
I've played a few games online, but no shooters yet. I'm one of those people who hasn't got around to playing SOCOM yet. I'm quite sure it's amazing, but I don't know. In the future I'll eventually play it. Hmmm, a team online for socom eh? Sounds like a plan. We can be the TimeSplitters clan.:D I'm just to excited about TS3 right now. Forum relations will be much tighter if we all play online together. I just may check out that 24 you speak of. Sounds interesting. So, anyone looking foreward to the new forums? (click on my sig to go and register. No posting there yet, still under construction...)

We have got to take this thread over to the new TS3 forum when we're allowed to post. :D

To exited about TS3? Exited until the release? :D

P.S.: Is my English okay?

DrkSnpr14
27th Mar 2004, 18:49
[QUOTE]Originally posted by W.D.
[B]To exited about TS3? Exited until the release?QUOTE]

You bet I am! :D :D :D Can't wait to play everyone online!:cool:

PS You didn't type to much, so it's a little difficult to judge your English from that.... ;)

W.D.
28th Mar 2004, 16:13
I ment:'did you notice a mistake in any reply I posted in this forum'.
I wasn't very clear about that.
I got exam English tomorow, you know.....

DrkSnpr14
28th Mar 2004, 21:19
Well, just got back from the HUGE karate tournament. Wow, I had no idea so many black belts were competing today.
There we're like 20 people in my division. (1st degree black belt) I entered Kata, (form) Kumite, (fighting) and weapons kata. I did good in the kata and weapons kata placing 4th in both. When it came time to actually get in there and fight though, I did better. It's much harder to get a placing with the fighting, since It's an elimination event. I fought my way through, and managed to get a 3rd place, continuing the 3rd place curse that I seem to have at this tournament. (4 consecutive 3rd places) It's been a long day and I'm very sore, but still standing. I was unable to get someone to take pictures, so Ill wait and see until some are posted at the association web site. Maybe I found my way into some of them.

KittenCeleste
29th Mar 2004, 00:13
Congrats dear!!
Sounds like you had a fab day out! :cool:

I myself prefer a more cybernetic approach.. either beating my opponents to a pulp in Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur, or sharpening my claws on the forum trolls.. ;)

we'll be waiting anxiously to see the pictoral evidence of your accomplishments.. *bounce*

questrobin
30th Mar 2004, 12:35
Still a very good performance at the Karate Contest, Sniper. Well done!

W.D.: I'm sure you got a good grade yesterday for your englishexam. Your english is very good but not without faults, like me.
For instance "Tomorrow" is spelled with two R's and exiting should be spelled exciting with a C (right guys?). But as you and me were not born and are not living in an english speaking country, we don't have to be ashamed for some minor mistakes.;)

W.D.
31st Mar 2004, 18:30
Thanks for the corrections, Robin.
Faults are to learn from.
And all exams are done, I'll get my results tomorrow :D
I think I'll have pretty good results for Latin, French, Dutch and English. 80%+, I think.
Maths should be more than 50% (this must be boring) and blablablablabla...

W.D.
31st Mar 2004, 18:32
Oh no! I forgot!

WELL DONE DrkSpr14

questrobin
1st Apr 2004, 09:08
W.D.: latin? What school do you go to? Gymnasium?

DrkSnpr14
3rd Apr 2004, 01:33
Aw, thanks everyone! Still no picys, the person in charge of updating the association site must do it only twice a year.:rolleyes: Exciting times in the association! I just found this:
http://www.canadagoju.com/news/Walkerton/2004/images/WhiteDragonPoster.jpg
I've never entered tournaments so close together. Usually we have at most 3 tournys a year. I just have to enter this one though, they've not had it for almost 3 years. (And they give away nice ceramic dragons for trophies:D ) Hopefully I can use the experience I gained from the last one to my advantage. Anyways, moving along...:D I had a thought today, and thought I'd share. I was dusting off some old threads around these parts, and had a look at some of the names of the posters. Most of these people have moved on and don't come around any more. It was very interesting to see these, it was like looking at an ancient civilization or something. :) Remains of an extinct culture are left behind so those after them can learn from it. It really puts things into perspective. I thought I was one of the oldest dinosaurs here, but there was a whole bunch of people before any of us who paved the way. Just rambling on now, so I'll cut it off there.;)

PS, the Snow Finally has subsided! Now I just have to wade through lots off muddy puddles on my daily trek to school.:rolleyes: Kind of sad, I haven't seen the sun in 4 days!:(

DrkSnpr14
3rd Apr 2004, 17:23
Looking for a good laugh? Check this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35916) out.;)

KittenCeleste
3rd Apr 2004, 19:12
Looking for a good laugh? Check this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35916) out.;)

http://www.forums.tombraider.be/html/emoticons/18_lmfao.gif

questrobin
6th Apr 2004, 12:45
Sniper:
Good that the snow is gone. Ah, and I love muddy puddles. I love to release the "pig" in me and to roll myself in the mud.
Don't worry, it's just an excuse to use the shower once...:D

R:rolleyes:bin.

DrkSnpr14
8th Apr 2004, 01:38
Sniper:
Good that the snow is gone.

Ha ha, it seems I spoke to soon, the next day it snowed again.:eek: Luckily it melted away quickly. We're hovering around +6 C right now. I sure hope it stays there, or rises. Preferably the later option. The only down side to all the mud is, believe or not, I wear mostly white clothes. It may seem confusing with the DARK part in my name, but that's another story. And what's more, EVERYONE, and I mean that literally, has a cold. The quick spring thaw always hits us Canucks funny, resulting in mass sickness. :rolleyes: The hallways at my high school were virtually empty, but, as what seems like a cruel joke, I didn't catch it. Which means, I have to go to school while everyone else gets the day off.:mad: ;) Oh well, guess I'll just end up being smarter then the rest.:D Speaking of school, how did your exams go W.D.? Got the results back yet?

Sebastian Photon
8th Apr 2004, 02:06
Your weather goes an awful lot like ours... late winter was completely unpredictable it went from like 65 F to 0 in like a week and whenever you thought winter was over it would just snow again...

W.D.
8th Apr 2004, 18:01
Most important results:Dutch:67%-Latin:78%(didn't study for it)-French:73%-English:71%(forgot to study culture...)-maths:38%(I cried about that one, I really thought it would be 50%+)

And are you ok, DrkSnpr14? Asking for my results? Isn't that the most boring thing on this planet: results from school? Or was it just for English?
Anyway, no school until April 19, so I can play TS2 the whole time:cool:

W.D.
8th Apr 2004, 18:03
What the **** happened to the 'D' of Dutch?

grndtheftaut0
8th Apr 2004, 22:06
A simple equation really, : + D =:D

:D

Ps. may i join this chat?;)

DrkSnpr14
8th Apr 2004, 22:31
Originally posted by grndtheftaut0
Ps. may i join this chat?;)

But of course, it's open to everyone. Glad you could join us, please, have a cookie. (DrkSnpr14 throws grndtheftaut0 a cookie)
Have a seat, enjoy your stay.:D

grndtheftaut0
10th Apr 2004, 00:44
Hey thanks glad to see we have some kind community members. Hey congrats to you Drksnpr14! from that karate thing above:D

DrkSnpr14
10th Apr 2004, 01:02
Thanks a lot man, now I just need to worry about the next one coming up this month. I've been trying to revive the community for a while, and it seems like it's finally happening. Hopefully it will return to the glorious days of the past were everyone visited in and chatted. Only time will tell.:)

I've got a question for you guys: What sig should I use?

A: http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/DrkSnpr14sig20.jpg
or
B:http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/sig002.jpg
:confused: :confused:

I like the dark eyes one, but I also like the sniper one because it looks more professional. I dunno, can someone help me to make up my mind?:confused:

(BTW, I'll gladly help anyone to make a sig if they want. They may not be as good as staticons in the sig asylum, but I did make both of these myself. I also made one for the skeletor to)

Sebastian Photon
10th Apr 2004, 01:37
maybe if you could have the dark background and the sniper and i like the font and bullet mark over your name in the eyes one. I don't know if you will be able to that but there both cool so to me combining is the only answer... by the way like my sig?

DrkSnpr14
10th Apr 2004, 01:42
Yeah, I love it! Looks like staticons wonderful work, he really is a true artist. I actually tried what you said, combining them, and haven't had the best of luck so far. It might take some time to get it just right, but yeah, I was thinking almost exactly all that you said. I like the eyes and the DrkSnpr14 with the target, and the sniper to. Just haven't been able to throw them together smoothly yet.

Sebastian Photon
10th Apr 2004, 02:10
Yeah its amazing... good luck with yours, maybe ask staticon? So does anyone here watch Futurama?

DrkSnpr14
10th Apr 2004, 16:43
How about this?
http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/sigvrs2.2.jpg

I think I managed to combine them fairly well. Sebastian, I used to watch futurama all the time. I have no idea why it was cancelled, maybe because the Simpsons were very popular at the time, and still are actually. You have the DVD's? I've been meaning to get around to picking them up, along with another one I like, 'The Family guy'.:)

W.D.
10th Apr 2004, 18:13
Ahum... what should I say?
Maybe... NICE SIG ... yeah, I guess that's ok:D

Sebastian Photon
10th Apr 2004, 18:37
Yeah you did a good job combining the two and it looks cool. And I have the Futurama DVD's (all 3 volumes) and I reccomend Volume 2 that's my favorite anyways. I also have Family Guy good show, I have the first one. I don't know much about the second one though.

grndtheftaut0
10th Apr 2004, 21:01
Re-runs of Futurama and episodes of 'The Family Guy' are still shown on the 'adult swim' part of cartoon network.(later at night)

Wicked new sig Drksnpr14!

Sebastian Photon
11th Apr 2004, 17:21
Yeah I don't have satellite or cable... got road runner broadband internet instead hard to say whats better, but at least I can play SSX3, Madden, and MOH online now and soon to be TS3.

DrkSnpr14
11th Apr 2004, 21:16
What a coincidence, my cable has been out for the last two weeks. Thank goodness it's being hooked up again tomorrow.:rolleyes: The lack of television has driven me to buy more DVD's however, just yesterday I picked up a classic fav. of mine, 'The hunt for Red October'. Excellent movie, takes place on a Russian nuclear submarine during the cold war. This submarine is a new prototype typhoon class and is undetectable by enemy sonar. You could park it off the cost of the US they claimed, and launch 100 nuclear warheads before they had time react. I also got The Matrix - Revolutions. Haven't watched it yet, plan to do that tomorrow. Looks great through.

questrobin
13th Apr 2004, 10:11
What is "Futurama"?

grndtheftaut0
13th Apr 2004, 21:12
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It was a TV show co-produced by the maker of the simpsons now dont tell me you dont know what that is. It is the world set in the future, and everything is just funny the way everthing is. You would have to watch it to understand. Why was such a great show cancelled?

questrobin
14th Apr 2004, 08:16
:confused: :confused: No, never seen it. Must have missed it somehow. But then, I'm not a cartoonlover, except for the Looney Tunes.

Drksnpr: what DVD's did you buy? My last ones were:
"24" season two boxset
Alias season 1 boxset
Trapped
Sweet Home Alabama
Identitiy.

DrkSnpr14
14th Apr 2004, 18:25
Well, my current collection consists of (from first bought to last):
Star Wars Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace
Gladiator
Goldeneye
Bloodsport
The WaterBoy
The Mask of Zoro
Showdown in little Tokyo
(The next 3 I got for $2 CND a piece, just for kicks. Really old Cheesy KungFu movies)
Double Dragon
Five Fingers of Death
Martial arts of the Shaolin
The Lord of the Rings - The fellowship of the ring
The Lord of the Rings - The two towers
The Hunt for Red October
The Matrix - Revolutions

My parents also have and assortment of DVD's including the Rocky movies, Lethal weapon series, and many others.

Soon, I will be buying the first and second matrix on DVD as well, and I've been meaning to get Star Wars Episode 2 also. I've never been one to get box sets for season, simply because I don't like any shows that much.:D The only box set I intend to get one day is the one that has EVERY single Bond movie in it. I've been a huge bond fan ever since I played Goldeneye, and I've seen every movie at least once.

W.D.
17th Apr 2004, 18:16
No way!
Two days (yes your eyes are still okay: TWO DAYS) without a single post in this thread!
I'll check tomorrow. If there still is no new post here, I'll do a suicide...
AND I'M SERIOUS!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

DrkSnpr14
17th Apr 2004, 19:39
Calm down my sniper friend, there's no need to panic. People must just be busy. I know I wont be around here for the next few days. I've got a party to go to tonight, and then tomorrow morning I go to the baseball umpire clinic. I've been umping for 3 years now, but i's still mandatory for us to take the refresher every year. Ha ha, I've also been taking double Karate classes (2 hours straight) just to get back into shape for the up coming season. I may also coach, as well as umpiring and playing, but well have to see how work goes. Anyone else in the forum a ball player? Now, I hope I've avoided someone committing suicide?;)

Sebastian Photon
17th Apr 2004, 19:46
I have a short DVD collection ( I'll add my good VHS too)

Pirates of the Carribean
Life of Brian
8 Crazy Nights
Kung Pow
Knights Tale
Ferris Bueler's Day Off VHS
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring VHS
Asteroid VHS
Titan A.E. VHS
Simpsons 2nd Season
Simpsons 3rd Season
Futurama Volume 1
Futurama Volume 2
Futurama Volume 3
Family Volume 1

W.D.
18th Apr 2004, 11:30
I knew my post would attract people.
And yes, DrkSnpr14, you avoided a suicide ;)

questrobin
20th Apr 2004, 07:35
Yeah, like flies to s**t.
I have some 160 DVD's.
Ordered two GC Games last week at www.play.com :
Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica. I'll pay them as long as I have to wait for the excellent looking R.E. 4, that is released in about a year from now. Any other R.E. experienced players around?

Hupie
20th Apr 2004, 16:01
Is the remake R.E. allright?

btw this is funny. I discovered (at about half the game) I always played at hard difficulty. I just discovered there is an easy option, and now I just rush through the game, never running out of bullets (on hard it is like finding 10 bullets if you need 30)

questrobin
21st Apr 2004, 12:06
Yes, it's VERY allright. Beautifull pictures.
I've played it once on normal with Jilln and then again wiyh Chris on easy. But easy is too easy for my taste. a BIT of tension should remain.

DrkSnpr14
23rd Apr 2004, 21:35
I was messing around with photoshop recently, and discovered I was able to make animated GIFs I went online and found some sprite sheets which I used to produce these guys.
http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/8-bit-koopa.gif
http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/Mario-walk.gif
http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/Samurai-slash.gif

Those all took me about an hour to do, so we shall see what I'm capable of once I have a good sitting with it.:)

grndtheftaut0
23rd Apr 2004, 22:16
oooooo ahhhh

that reminds me any one play the good 'ol 2d fighters still?

DrkSnpr14
24th Apr 2004, 02:07
I still like a good round of Mortal Kombat 3 every now and then. As for the streetfighter series, I never really got into that. (He he, here's a little something I whipped up...)
http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/DrkSnpr14.gif

Sebastian Photon
24th Apr 2004, 17:36
I never have really liked any fighting games... (still don't) but if you like 2D fighters and DON'T get frusterated really easily then Guilty Gear X2 will be one of your favorite games ever. I don't like fighters and got really pissed at it, but it's still one of my favorite games.

grndtheftaut0
25th Apr 2004, 00:03
Anyone play SFO? Street Fighter Online
Its a remake of SF and has the ability to play online tournements, regular matches and a story mode. You unlock characters with wins. Its pretty fun.
Go here (http://www.arcadepod.com) And search for it under multiplayer or in the search box if youre interested

MMMOORRTTTAAALLLL KKOOOOOMMMMBBBAAAT!!!!!!!!!:D

DrkSnpr14
26th Apr 2004, 03:15
Hey everyone, If you haven't heard yet, the TS3 forum is open! Go check it out! (Just click my sig)

DrkSnpr14
27th Apr 2004, 16:58
You'll never believe this, but this moring it actually snowed again. Around here we've been enjoying a rather warm 10' C, so you can imagin my anger at the sight of blowing white flakes first thing in the morning. How's the weather were you guys are?

W.D.
27th Apr 2004, 18:13
Snow? In April? Un-be-lieveble.
In Belgium, it's about 20'C.

Off the weather: this is weird. It didn't show that there were 2 new posts here. I just planned to put a post here 'No! Not again! I really hope somebody here is still alive...' and then I saw your posts... Weird.

questrobin
28th Apr 2004, 07:37
Snow in april? That's very possible. I've even seen it snowing here in may...
W.D.: Did you have your Email notification "on"?

DrkSnpr14
28th Apr 2004, 14:52
I think the craziest thing I can remember was this one day in July around 4 years ago, when it actually snowed!:eek: Usually our summers around here are a blazing 35'C!:cool:

W.D.
28th Apr 2004, 18:22
Snow in april? That's very possible. I've even seen it snowing here in may...
W.D.: Did you have your Email notification "on"?

I did, but not anymore now. I come here almost every day.
I have 177 unread messages in my mailbox, but the all come from Eidos Forum Mailer, so checking them all is not neccecairy. Why?

questrobin
29th Apr 2004, 13:06
W.D.: If you don't have your Email notification "on", yopu won't get a message that someone replied to a tread you posted in. And you won't get other notifications from other posters from that tread, as long as you hadn't visited the forum. or did you mean something else?

Robin

DrkSnpr14
29th Apr 2004, 14:37
It seems mother nature has her usual cruel sense of humor. 2 days a go it snowed, and right now as I'm typing this, it's 23'C! (Yay, first day of shorts this year!:D ) It should be like this for a few days, then drop back down to 3 degrees.:rolleyes: The heat came so fast that we ended up with a brutal Thunder Storm that was so loud it rattled my house.:eek: We have a saying around these parts, 'If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes and it should change.'

W.D.
29th Apr 2004, 17:12
Robin: I didn't realise we were talking about the weird thing happened (stupid, I know). My email notification was off on the moment. I ment there wasn't a 'yellow envelope' (is this spelled correct?) next to the thread (hope you understand what I mean).
But everything works fine now, so I won't bother about it. anymore. BTW nice sig.
DrkSnpr14: tomorrow an earthquake:D

DrkSnpr14
29th Apr 2004, 19:38
Originally posted by W.D.
DrkSnpr14: tomorrow an earthquake:D [/B]

Wouldn't doubt it. There's really strong winds right now, some of the trees are swaying quite a bit.:rolleyes:

grndtheftaut0
29th Apr 2004, 21:55
Nothing here in oklahoma, sometimes some tornado warnings.....

W.D.
2nd May 2004, 09:53
Nice sig DrkSnpr14, but IMO the previous was better (I hope you can hear me in heaven... or are you still alive?).

DrkSnpr14
2nd May 2004, 14:39
Yeah, I'm still kickin. The rolling blackouts have finally stopped, and it's a beautiful day outside. (for once) Hey, I made some more sprites everyone. Feel free to use them anywhere you want. They meet the size requirements to be avatars at the tS3 forums to. Well, here you go.
http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/spiderman-wall-climb.gif http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/running-Knuckles.gif http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/music-Knuckles.gif http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/Pissed-Knuckles.gifhttp://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/Diddy-Cartwheel.gifhttp://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/Duck.gif http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/nod-head.gif http://upload.serverseed.com/pictars/Beats.gif

These are the main reason why I haven't posted any new maps lately.

Monkeyman1188
3rd May 2004, 22:49
Hi, i'm new here, i was jus wonderin where i can go to upload a sig, and if there is a certain size that a sig can be

DrkSnpr14
3rd May 2004, 22:56
Hey, welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay. If you want a reliable free uploading site, try going here:

http://www.upload.serverseed.com/

Remember to get the URL, cause you can't seem to go back and find old images you uploaded. As for size limits, the pic can't be larger then 150high and 450 wide, and under a file size of 30kb. (And unfortunately there are no avatars)

Monkeyman1188
4th May 2004, 00:09
Thanks man, i hope this works now, even tho the sig ain't to great, but meh

questrobin
4th May 2004, 12:09
W.D".: thank you. yes I like my sig! Staticon made it especially for me:) Wouldn't you like a cool sig as well?

R:pbin

W.D.
4th May 2004, 19:02
W.D".: thank you. yes I like my sig! Staticon made it especially for me:) Wouldn't you like a cool sig as well?

R:pbin

Hmm... why not? But the name on the sig should be: Sniper_W.D.
okay?

Monkeyman1188
4th May 2004, 20:44
how can i join the timesplitters 3 forum?

DrkSnpr14
4th May 2004, 21:06
Click on my signature to find your way there. At the top of that page, there is a button you click to register.

The site is www.timesplitters3.blitzace.com

(PS, wow, this thread has reached almost 100 posts!:D Soon it will have to retire to the archives, and I'll need to start a new one...)

questrobin
5th May 2004, 14:56
W.D.: Fine.
Contact Staticon or DrkSnpr14. They can make a cool sig for you.

Robin

W.D.
7th May 2004, 17:42
Sig test.

W.D.
7th May 2004, 17:44
Thanks DrkSnpr14!
If I want any changes (can't imagine anything better for the moment), I'll contact you.

questrobin
10th May 2004, 13:36
When I have savedd Snipers sprites, they don't move:(