PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone what do you guys think about Dream Drop being on the 3DS

FinalFantasy107
20th Jun 2012, 14:46
I think it should be on both VITA and 3DS

Lightning_Stryker
21st Jun 2012, 12:33
That would've been a good idea, but usually the games are exclusive to one system, and development for the game started before the vita was even released. But other than that i think it would've been a good idea

member_10770952
21st Jun 2012, 20:20
ok. one question then... if that's really a good idea. where is the map supposed to be? and how do you expect to perform the dreams eater's Link abilites on a single screen? the 3DS is for exactly those puposes. i don't see everything fitting on a single screen. if they did do it for the vita. it woun't feel right. they'll have to take out the map. and drop the link ability mechanic that you use with the dream eaters. otherwise they'll have to fit everyting on a single screen and i know you don't want that. so no it wouldn't have been a good idea.

FinalFantasy107
21st Jun 2012, 21:24
ok. one question then... if that's really a good idea. where is the map supposed to be? and how do you expect to perform the dreams eater's Link abilites on a single screen? the 3DS is for exactly those puposes. i don't see everything fitting on a single screen. if they did do it for the vita. it woun't feel right. they'll have to take out the map. and drop the link ability mechanic that you use with the dream eaters. otherwise they'll have to fit everyting on a single screen and i know you don't want that. so no it wouldn't have been a good idea.

Well i heard the Vita is getting two screens just like the 3DS. Yes they did copy nintendo. So It could work.

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 21:34
The Vita doesn't have two screens. It's a touch screen on the front and a pad that responds to touch commands on the back.

FinalFantasy107
21st Jun 2012, 21:37
REALLY IT DOESN'T!!! well that settles it super strife122 wins.

Lightning_Stryker
21st Jun 2012, 21:53
Haha he did have a valid point

FinalFantasy107
21st Jun 2012, 21:56
True. He did.

Sixus
21st Jun 2012, 21:58
EPIC WIN

member_10829610
22nd Jun 2012, 22:56
I would rather see a whole new KH game on the Vita. I don't know the exact specs of both systems, but the 3DS can't do some things that a Vita can do & vice versa.

member_10085059
22nd Jun 2012, 23:16
I would have liked to seen it on the Vita as well, only because I prefer playing on my Vita over my 3DS. oh well

member_10770952
22nd Jun 2012, 23:21
EPIC WIN

LOL yep.

member_10770952
22nd Jun 2012, 23:24

just for you chas an DX.

member_10770952
22nd Jun 2012, 23:30
Haha he did have a valid point

i hope you really like it light.^^

Chullinger
28th Jun 2012, 06:08
Id rather play a HD remake than buy a new handheld everytime they make a game. How about they make KH3 for a console and go with the story where kh3 . I dont plan on buying another kh game unless its on like ps3 how xbox. They even came out with a game on a mobile phone WTF and cant even remake 1 or 2 in HD....

Chullinger
28th Jun 2012, 06:10
Where KH2 LEFT OFF ******** Or Xbox ***

Azure
28th Jun 2012, 07:05
KH3D on the N3DS is great for me since I always buy new handheld . I prefer handheld game more than console and handheld this gen has better game than console .

vitornavarrete
28th Jun 2012, 12:30
The games are on handheld because Japanese like then. Don't know why lots of western play don't like portable, though. And what's the problem with phone games? In Japan they have badass phones. I really would like to play Before Crisis, though.

The KH for Vita will probabily be BbS 2 and a really hope you get to play with Mickey in the Dark Realm in the game. It'll be awesome.

member_10708928
29th Jun 2012, 10:27
I like it! It made me decide to get a 3DS over the Vita. I have to say, one of the things I don't like about the KH series is the spread across so many different platforms to play the entire series. Since KH2, the transition to portable systems was what really got me into the series initially. I am currently playing the first Kingdom Hearts for the first time on my brother's PS2. While CoM, 365/2 Days, and Re: Coded are available on GBA and NDS (and BBS on PSP,) I worry that the next KH3 might only be on PS3 (or PS4?) I think this series is popular enough for Square-Enix to invest in multi-platform releases of new titles.

member_10829610
29th Jun 2012, 13:32
I think KH3 will be on both PS3 & Xbox 360. I doubt it will be an exclusive. (not trying to get off-topic here)

new_tradition
29th Jun 2012, 19:29
If it was up to me, the entire KH series would have remained on the PS2. Only when a saga finishes would I then consider porting it to other systems in one huge, but cost efficient, release.

(Note: KH hasn't even finished one saga yet. The first saga being the "Xehanort" one, which allegedly will finish up in the future KH3 game that isn't even in production yet, lol)

Since it's not up to me, as long as the gameplay is matched well to it's system, I think it's all good. I mean, we have seen the games made utilizing respective systems. I don't know how the other systems are suppose to replicate the 3D element and just the principle "drop" gameplay seen in KH:3D, so no use thinking about it *shrugs*

sLmOuYeah
29th Jun 2012, 21:42
This game was screwed up the moment it left PS2 and went to handheld. If you are going to continue the story, then you release the game for the last HD console in which it was released before, and if you want too, then you make it multiplatform and release it also for handheld.

There's no point in continuing the story with worse graphics and smaller screens, it's just stupid and a waste of money for fans, who mandatorily have to buy every single new console developers use for each new game:

-Game Boy Advance (still waiting for PAL version of Re:Com, btw), Mobile, Nintendo DS, PSP, Nintendo DS (again), Nintendo 3DS...

Then what? Android? No way. You want to release this for lesser graphics consoles? Go ahead, but FIRSTLY you release the game for PS2, PS3, XBox, Wii, or any LAST GENERATION console to play it properly on a TV. And THEN, you release the handheld ones.

Seriously, if Kingdom Hearts 3 is released on a Game Boy, I quit.

Sincerely,

Me.

Don't be selfish, hire a translator,
or we now assure you'll regret it later.

You can condemn, or you can redeem,
it's all up to you, that simple and clean.

Automaton
29th Jun 2012, 22:04
To actually answer the question, I'm not particularly upset by how spread out the series has become and I appereciate Square Enix wanting to try and take advantage of the hardware capabilities of the 3DS. Having played the demo, I can say that I wouldn't want to see [Dream Drop Distance] anywhere else.

Roxas1985
14th Jan 2015, 23:19
In my honest opinion, I hate Dream Drop Distance being on 3DS.... The reason people are confused about Kingdom Hearts is because bits and pieces of the overall story is spread out between consoles and handheld devices. I was very confused when I started playing Kingdom Hearts 2, because I did not see any of the events that took place in Chain of Memories, due to it being on GameBoy and my lack of the device to play it. I never got to play 358/2 Days or RE:Coded, I've seen all the cutscenes via HD Remixes, but it's not the same as actually playing through the games!

I firmly believe that all Kingdom Hearts games should be solely for consoles (PS3, PS4, XBox 360 and Xbox One)
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that those who own handheld gaming devices got to play a piece of Kingdom Hearts, but those who own the console and doesn't own a handheld gaming device, such as myself, missed out on certain aspect of the overall storyline of the whole Kingdom Hearts series and missed out on experiencing the playthrough. People who own handhelds but not the consoles, misses out on the beginning, the prequel and the sequel as well as the bridges between them.

I hope Square Enix would think about re-releasing Dream Drop Distance on PS3/PS4 and/or Xbox 360/Xbox One as the game contains events before Kingdom Hearts 3. And if Square Enix does re-release 1.5 HD Remix and 2.5 HD Remix for PS4 and Xbox One, I hope they'll consider making 358/2 Days and RE:Coded playable games and if possible, throw in Dream Drop Distance into the mix as well. We need to get everything leading up to Kingdom Hearts 3 as playable games on consoles, including Dream Drop Distance, 358/2 Days and Coded!