PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver expired :(

JungleGirl
4th Jan 2004, 16:57
The OS X screensaver that can be downloaded from the official site doesn't work. Once it's installed all I get is a message in the preview saying it's expired.

What's going on?

How do I make it work?

any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

DrkSnpr14
4th Jan 2004, 18:02
I'm sorry, but I cant help you on that one. I dont have a mac computer. Maybe you could try downloading the OS 8-9 screensaver? (I dont have any idea if it would work or not, considering I am unfamiliar with macs) There is most likely someone who uses this forum that owns a mac computer. (You do have a mac, right?:confused: )

The Skeletor
4th Jan 2004, 18:28
We are getting OS X next week, (running 9.1 now) Hopefully I should get an answer for you then, send me the URL for the screen saver please.

DrkSnpr14
4th Jan 2004, 18:30
It's on the official TS2 web site, over here (http://www.timesplittersgame.com/index_e.html) .

JungleGirl
5th Jan 2004, 18:48
Originally posted by DrkSnpr14
I'm sorry, but I cant help you on that one. I dont have a mac computer. Maybe you could try downloading the OS 8-9 screensaver?
I do have a Mac. With OS X, you are running OS X stuff natively (therefore an OS X version of the screensaver). For OS 9, that basically runs as another app within OS X so I don't think the OS 9 screensaver would be helpful (unless I reboot into OS 9 directly).

I haven't actually tried the OS 9 version. I don't think it's useful unless I happen to be booted into OS 9. At least that's how I think this all works.

I did try the windows version on a friend's computer and it worked.

So it looks like the OS X version just needs to be tweaked.

Has anyone tried the OS 8/9 version? Does it work?

thanks for your replies!

DrkSnpr14
5th Jan 2004, 21:05
Oh, I see. Sorry, but I have no understanding of Mac computers.:D The Skeletor should get back to you eventually, so dont worry.:cool:

The Skeletor
5th Jan 2004, 22:07
Hello DrkSnpr14:
That link will not let me get the screen saver, just where to buy the games, Mabey it is the OS ver 9.1? or if there is another one to get it from????

DrkSnpr14
5th Jan 2004, 22:17
All you have to do is click on 'Download', then go to 'Screensaver'. You cant make a link to the download page for some reason. The web address says it's all on the same page.

The Skeletor
5th Jan 2004, 22:37
LOL I got them both (for Mac) give me some time here..

Ok! Just tested out 0S9 ver and it worked (using os9.1) have to wait till I get OSX.

JungleGirl
6th Mar 2004, 01:41
Originally posted by The Skeletor
LOL I got them both (for Mac) give me some time here..

Ok! Just tested out 0S9 ver and it worked (using os9.1) have to wait till I get OSX.

Anyone having any luck with the os x version yet?

Here's the address:
http://www.timesplittersgame.com/downld/assets/Screensaver_OSX.sit

The stuffit file is dated Dec 5, 2002 and the screensaver itself is dated Sept 19, 2002 so I'm guessing it hasn't been fixed.

I downloaded it again anyways and it still doesn't work for me.

If someone else can get it work under OS X then maybe something's up with my system. Perhaps I have something messed up...

I'm running Panther 10.3.2.

If nobody can get it work, then hopefully someone will fix it!

thanks!

The Skeletor
6th Mar 2004, 04:34
We got OSX, but can not install it in this ver of iMac (iMac DV400) sorry I could not help out more!

JungleGirl
6th Mar 2004, 09:11
thanks anyways Skeletor!

anyone else out there able to give it a try?

Alex Krilow
8th Mar 2004, 21:01
I also run OS X (Jaguar 10.2.7, or so), and the same is happening. The screensaver is clearly locked from within itself. No use trying the OS 9 version, this would effectively start a copy of the Classic environment inside OS X, which is definitely overkill.

I don't see who would release a TS2 screensaver with an expiration date: should we purchase an unlocked version? From whom? Eidos? Come on, guys, give us a break...

Alex
Mac user
PS2 abuser