PDA

View Full Version : Questions

nieon_21
2nd Jan 2004, 03:38
skeletor left a thread saying to link ps2's together i would need a network adapter, RJ-45 and a HUB and i was told all i needed was a ilink cable to connect 2 ps2's together, he said something about a LAN connection, do i have to go thru a LAN connection or can i just use the ilink i bought?

DrkSnpr14
2nd Jan 2004, 04:10
Instead of making a new thread, you should have just replied to the other one. Just so we dont take up to much memory with unnecicary threads.:D I dont know anything about the lan setup for the PS2, but I am quite shure you dont actually need the network adapter. I'm also quite shure the I link you bought will work. Dont panic. Try sending a private message to skeletor and ask him.:cool:

The Skeletor
2nd Jan 2004, 17:21
For i-Link you need just the cable and two PS2's and two games of TIMESPLITTERS2, and no network adapotors. I use the HUB for Three PS2's (my kids have network Adaptors for there PS2's)

nieon_21
5th Jan 2004, 00:37
can i somehow hook up more then 2 ps2's without all that rj-25 stuff and all that?

The Skeletor
5th Jan 2004, 03:24
Yes you need a FIREWIRE HUB (not sure on the price!) it is showen on the instuction manual in GT3, I took the other option because i-Link is been removed from future games.

nieon_21
5th Jan 2004, 03:31
will TS3 have ilink for it, y r they getting rid of ilink i don't get it...

DrkSnpr14
8th Jan 2004, 18:01
Originally posted by nieon_21
will TS3 have ilink for it, y r they getting rid of ilink i don't get it...

No one knows yet. There really arent any details about TS3 right now, seing as they are still trying to find someone to publish it. (Please Activision, just take it already:D ) And I dont think they are getting rid of I Link per say, but I do believe that Sony in general is moving more towards the Online gamming experiance. (Probebly because it makes more money:D :D )

The Skeletor
8th Jan 2004, 18:54
Amen DrkSnpr14, I too hope they get it.