PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: ARR PS4 Beta

BjBlazkowicz
22nd Feb 2014, 07:50
so i registered for the beta today and it auto fills in a user name and i got the emails to prove that it is indeed not the user name i registered and linked with. but i cant clear it when i try to log in and play the beta

ZombieCoffin
22nd Feb 2014, 08:35
:mad2:I hope u don't mind IF i borrow your thread?
Does any1 else get this particular error code?
Sorry about the typing but im used 2 typing on Twitter lol!

Error Code 20019
Can't even get past the initial set up,not HAPPY:mad:Yea! not a good start, something tells me i will have 2 redownload this whole flippin thing again?

Update: deleted the entire beta, about to give up and go back Fable Anniversary:mad2:

OOoo the best part, it appears you can't download in "stand by mode" so far i have already spent 2days with this flippin beta,i have yet 2 actually play? Beta or not this is really unacceptable.
8 hours total to download Betax2,if i get in I will let you know?

ZombieCoffin
22nd Feb 2014, 09:04
so i registered for the beta today and it auto fills in a user name and i got the emails to prove that it is indeed not the user name i registered and linked with. but i cant clear it when i try to log in and play the beta

I know the frustratinon i had 2 create 3 accounts, finally got the 3rd to work:mad2:
I WAS kinda looking fwd 2 the Beta ? But idk anymore :mad2:

BjBlazkowicz
22nd Feb 2014, 09:42
so sadly i think i might this game on pc unless the devs can fix my issue cause i wanted this on ps4 but now im worried that it would link my account that i never created but since its on sale on steam id save 25 bucks but its beyond annoying since i wanted a good ps4 mmo but im worried that if i buy it , it might still be linked to my ps4 and id be screwed since i cant log in for some odd reason and it claims my user name is taken now but i know that the pw and email i put in is correct. i wonder why it gave me a random user name that i never created and it makes me very sad since i really wanted to play this game

ZombieCoffin
23rd Feb 2014, 03:13
Since I can't post on the beta forums i will have 2 post here? Again 4give my typing but im using the Ps4 controler and so i will be using Twitter speak.

My beta did not have a really good start:mad:
But im in and i am not impressed w/certain aspects but more on that later?

At 1st i thought it was pretty cool i could pre download the beta? BOY was i wrong in thinking that lol!

I downloaded the beta Thursday and Friday late? Let me just say i hate anything mandatory OK? And having 2 create 3 online Square Enix accounts 2 play a beta is too much for anybody. Ok account 1 was 4 TR the definite addition, and the other 2 were 4 ror the FF14 beta.

Here is what i have been able 2 piece 2 gether? If you have already came2 this conclusion i apologize im not trying 2 steal your "thunder" Ok?

I am trying 2 help so plz reconize and respect what i am doing. And i do end up "helping" make sure to thank me and others it's commom curtisey.

Here are the steps i took 2 fix the "issue", they are definitely unothadox but i am in and playing the beta.

1. Make sure ur Ps4 account is linked with your profile ?
2. Make sure 2 set you resolution 2 1080p and not 1080i , i really can't determine 4 sure it how important that is? But i did read the max specs were 1080p and 60fps. And then download the beta.

3. Your sign up ID is not same as ur log in? whatever u picked as a name it will have as example [Wolf4] thats what you will use 2 log in 2 the beta.

4. I can't honestly recommend this, but it does save time. When u log in2 the beta "check" the remember me button.
Cause all u will have2 do is enter your PW. Oh ur still not in until you go through the pre-set up, and if u can't get past that screen u still won't get in and u will get and error code. Again i can't and won't promise it will work 4u,but it did 4 me.

So let me know so i know, and feel free 2 add something that pertains 2 the issue?

My personal feeling are right now, Beta or not? This is not acceptable i have Beta tested b4 and never had This manny issues:mad2:

Shadowmind
23rd Feb 2014, 12:50
I can confirm the disabling of standby mode before downloading the 11GB of FFXIV has helped me survive the first-time setup error 20019. I went the first time with it and got the error but found ZombieCoffin's post and figured I'd give it a try. ZombieCoffin, do you have a source for the info on the fix or did you come across it yourself?

CoreyBFTS
24th Feb 2014, 00:19
Immediately, the main issue that is deterring me from enjoying the game as much as I could be is how incredibly small all of the text is in the dialogue and the HUD. I am playing on a 42" screen and my living room is not that large, but need to sit in front of the TV like it is a computer monitor. Please increase text sizes, or provide an option for the player to be able to adjust. Thanks!

V0LT3K
24th Feb 2014, 00:57
Same here and for all my friends who have registered for the Beta.
The only text that is readable is the one from the subtitles of the main narrator. Otherwise, all that is dialog, log, quest, etc. is simply unreadable from a descent distance of the screen. So please SE, fix this or give us the option to adjust it. This is the only thing that will prevent me from buying the game when it comes out.
Thank you!

ZombieCoffin
24th Feb 2014, 01:55
So far I am seeing a generic MMO? Unless I am missing something, does the game better after a cretain level?
Other then it's a Final Fantasy game? What's so special about it? Could someone explain why I want to both buy and pay 4 this game. When their are way better MMO's out their. I have really tried keeping an open mind but I'm guessing this game is geared twoward FF fans? Which from a business sence, not 2 smart perhaps this why Square Enix is having "issue" with their company.

Q? Why do i pick a voice scheme, when creating a character which dosen't speak?
Am i playing an old school Nintendo game , now granted it's been a while since I played a Final Fantasy game? But in this day and age really. For a MMO not to have little or no speech and thier is some spoken dialiouge. DCUO in my opinion is 1 worst MMO's out their,BUT at least it's fully voiced.

Based on what I have seen so far, more than likely I will not finish the beta or most definitely NOT buy it. Unless it went f2p? So I guess enjoy your beta, and boring, dry , voiceless MMO. I rather play Fable Aniversy or anything else?

Personally I rather sit around and watch paint dry, then play Final Fantasy 14 lol!

It's good thing both Thief and SP are coming-out soon:rasp:

ZombieCoffin
24th Feb 2014, 02:00
My neck is so sore,from playing the beta for 2 days, and my TV is about 20-25 inches. I feel like I am playing the original Dead Rising :eek:

dragonrainsd13
24th Feb 2014, 09:16
I am completly unable to login! when i go to put in my password and one time password they go blank and i can't play also I am on a 40 inch screen/tv and well it is centered with a lot of black I can barely read anything.

Hippy_Pickle
24th Feb 2014, 11:57
The Beta only allows you to take a character to level 20 which is barely scratching the surface of what the game offers. IMO this game is awesome and I've been playing since it's launch and I'm still keen to keep playing.

The game is also not entirely 'voiceless', many of the main scenario cut scenes are voiced but your character does not directly speak. The point of choosing a voice is for the sound they make using certain actions/attacks/emotes. Like many FF games since voice acting was introduced, making every NPC fully voiced is implausible for a game of this size and only certain sections have been voiced.

At the end of the day your opinion is your own, if you don't enjoy the game within the first 20 levels (regardless to any beta issues and/or log in issues) then it's not for you. However if you do enjoy it then it gets even better.

Asukai
24th Feb 2014, 14:43
It taken me 5 hours to DL the beta :zzZ: and yes I did leave my PS4 on but win I got in the game is amazing...the human females don't look chunky no more :cool: and I think they added more hair styles or I never saw it but I did have fun with the beta that for sure

TheBeast051
24th Feb 2014, 16:40
So i have played Final Fantasy XIV online via pc before. I enjoyed it there so i figured i would give it a shot on my ps4. I'm planning on starting from scratch and its also a beta. When i try to plug in my username and password it doesnt exist. which that part to me is strange. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, TheBeast

CoreyBFTS
24th Feb 2014, 16:52
Dragonrains, when you are on the sign-up screen, you can press R3 and it will zoom in so you can see easier. Unfortunately that is not the case for in-game.

zerofate420
24th Feb 2014, 18:45
I was just wondering is anyone else has been having issues with system error code 20019 (or 200019) can't remember how many zeroes there are. I am fine with playing on the PS3 but would love to see the PS4 version. Just hoping someone might have some suggestions.

ZombieCoffin
25th Feb 2014, 01:20
The Beta only allows you to take a character to level 20 which is barely scratching the surface of what the game offers. IMO this game is awesome and I've been playing since it's launch and I'm still keen to keep playing.

The game is also not entirely 'voiceless', many of the main scenario cut scenes are voiced but your character does not directly speak. The point of choosing a voice is for the sound they make using certain actions/attacks/emotes. Like many FF games since voice acting was introduced, making every NPC fully voiced is implausible for a game of this size and only certain sections have been voiced.

At the end of the day your opinion is your own, if you don't enjoy the game within the first 20 levels (regardless to any beta issues and/or log in issues) then it's not for you. However if you do enjoy it then it gets even better.

No I got all what you said, and your probably right about this game not being for me?
Regardless you still didn't answer my question? What is so different about this vs. Any other MMO out their?

Not 2 sound like a fanboy but, you have some "holes" in ur logic so allow me 2 point those out .

You mentioned that a game of this size that it was"implausible " for every character, NPC fully voiced ?

Not entirety true, especially when you have DCUO which is fully voiced Npc's in all. I am sure you will point out their not the same? But their both MMO's.

In fact ESO will be fully voiced, let me ask you what kinda of games do you play frequently ? Can I assume FF games ? How does it better?

Let's face it log in issues are a problem, the fact that Square Enix has not addressed this issue, I know the purpose behind a beta test, so I am suppose to give feedback on a game I can't even log into.

When i beta test a game , i do just that and give feedback bad or good? Sometimes I wonder why game companies bother doing so? Cause ut seems mire 2 me they listen more to "fanboy" feedback more then actual feedback. Im not here cause im "looking " for a free ride im here 2 beta test this game and i can tell you I try 2 keep an "openmind" no mater what the game I am playing.
Plus i can see what a game for what it trully is, and right now I don't see what's so special and I know you defending this game like any good fanboy would.

But you have to tell me what us so great other than it's MMO set in the FF realm, i really don't see your point and im sorry.

Or your not liking that gamers are giving honest feedback , gotta say im surprised 2 say you FF fanboys haven't flamed us 2 bad yet.

ZombieCoffin
25th Feb 2014, 01:27
Came it across myself out of what I read on the specs via the official Square Enix blogs and forums and figured what the heck? Plus i am very smart, when i get past being frustrated and calm and be able 2 think logicially.

ZombieCoffin
25th Feb 2014, 01:33
Gamers always complain i do nothing to help, and when i attempt 2 and i am not saying that this the case. But eventually the fanboys come around and either try and take credit or attempt to discredit your logic? Especially when fanboys have no real logic, if you count fanboy logic lol!

ZombieCoffin
25th Feb 2014, 01:53
I agree the game looks great graphic wise? But i guess i don't get what's so different from this and any current MMO outtheir and i really am honestly ? Other than a price point and being FF, with so many MMO's still coming-out and have allot more to offer game play wise? I really want to know and i being legit.

We still have Wildstar that's making a direct point apealing to the furry gamers, and it's set more in steam punk setting, Deep Down were you play 1 but verry different characters? Everquest Next for the consoles and having "destructable enviorment" and im guessing PC only to be being able an add to tye Everquest world.

And let's forget the "white elephant " know as ESO or Elder Scrolls Online, that's not Skyrim or trying to be Skyrim or the fact that Zenimax is making it or the fact it's the 1st Elder Scrolls MMO or the fact you can play like in the style of GW2 or a solo rpg experiance.

I would have mentioned Destiny, but you know how Bungie hates that term MMO, look im not trying 2 come off like a fanboy but a very passionate gamer.

This what i observed a bunch the same old same old running arround, doing fetch quests, and talking to this person and jobs at lvl 10 and having the ability to change classes based on weapon type?

And the obvious crafting, i do get it OK? But with better MMO's coming out and not mentioned fully voiced and M rated ESO. Vs. T rated game or furry based MMO, a actual good old fashion Dungeon Cralwer or a Bungie game that's not Halo?

Can anbody make a compelling argument against what I am trying 2 point out.

Hippy_Pickle
25th Feb 2014, 09:11
I rather hate when people start throwing the word 'Fanboy' around. I play many different types of games and I like what I like, nothing fanboy about it. I can't speak for other MMO's or to be more precise RPGMMO's but looking purely at the size of past FF games my comment was pointing out that none of those are fully voice acted. There are no 'holes' in my logic as I wasn't trying to impart my opinion on yours, so there was no logic involved, it was my opinion in the same way you have yours. If voice acting is the only thing that sells a game for you then you obviously want different things from a game. I prefer story and playability over aesthetics like voice acting or the highest possible resolution graphics (I play on PS3 so obviously graphics aren't everything! lol).

I'm not going to try and convince you what makes this better than any other game, like I said if you aren't enjoying it from what you can experience from the beta then it obviously isn't for you. I love it, I enjoy it and think it will continue to grow and be ever more enjoyable, I was sold within the first 2 hours of the original beta, hence why I still subscribe.

Hippy_Pickle
25th Feb 2014, 09:22
For everyone having log in issues, specifically trying to log in with current PC or PS3 ID's, then from what I've read you need a totally separate account for the Phase 1 of the beta test. When Phase 2 starts you can then import your current PC/PS3 characters etc (although apparently as far as the PS3 is concerned it may lock your profile to the PS4). All phase 1 character data will be getting wiped.

Befread
25th Feb 2014, 16:17
I just can't seem to get my head around the ideal that for the PS4 they didn't test it on multiple resolutions or put something in so you can change the font size of character dialog.

Kedyan
25th Feb 2014, 19:15
I played the hell out of this game over the weekend and it is very cool my big problems with it are the text size and the targeting functions when using the PS4 duel shock controler when in world events i am constantly targeting anything but something i can attack and in the guildhest's i auto target my self after every attack i make things liek this would need to be cleaned up before i would pay a sub to play this game. i also understand that i can use a keyboard and mouse but i just prefur to use the duel shock 4.

CoreyBFTS
25th Feb 2014, 20:49
I thought the same thing. Luckily it was either intentional or SquareEnix has heard the cries on the forums of our strained eyes, as last night they stated the text would be larger in the final release.

morbidium
25th Feb 2014, 22:35
So far I have played to the level cap for the beta. While definitely not an MMO up to the standards of WoW, EQ, or GW 1&2, this is still an enjoyable game through the 1st 20 levels. I've never played this or FFXI on the PC, so this was my 1st experience with SquareEnix's MMO's. So far I'm in love with it, after the learning curve of playing with the controller, this game is beautiful. I would like to see some PvP, or Raid quality dungeons, but the little bit they gave us to try and test is awesome. Hopefully Phase 2 will extend the cap to 30 so I can go a little further. Gonna miss my Lancer when the character wipes come at the end of Phase 1.

ZombieCoffin
26th Feb 2014, 02:18
Tell you what , I won't assume your a fanboy as long as you don't assume this game is not 4 me deal? I have played more types of games in lifetime and this is definitely not my 1st beta. Anytime I see a gamer go out of their way to defend a game, and still can't tell me what's so great about said game? I figure a Fanboy or at least a Fandender.

This is "generic" mmo at best so your welcome to it :)

ZombieCoffin
26th Feb 2014, 02:31
So what's so enjoyable about doing the same 3 types of quests over and over again ? Oh before anybody says that's what MMO' s are. Is just another "delusional " gamer opion , i can't help that I can see this game for what it is. And that's nothing special unless your a diehard Final Fantasy Fan cause that's who this game is really for. But at least I can say I played the beta a few days , and I really tried keeping an "open mind" before making my mind up. Maybe if goes ftp who knows, but I know that better MMO's are coming so enjoy your game fanboys :zzZ:

So far this game is "generic" in terms of gameplay, all typical MMO other than it' a FF MMO not really getting how this game differs except than a "subscription fee"of $12.95 a month oh did Square Enix forget 2 mention that part? I know their is no PS pluss fee but it still requires you 2 pay $$$$$$

ZombieCoffin
26th Feb 2014, 02:44
Hippy_Pickle u say your not a fanboy, but you go around and are "trolling" ppl's posts, do you work for Square Enix ?

ZombieCoffin
26th Feb 2014, 02:52
For everyone having log in issues, specifically trying to log in with current PC or PS3 ID's, then from what I've read you need a totally separate account for the Phase 1 of the beta test. When Phase 2 starts you can then import your current PC/PS3 characters etc (although apparently as far as the PS3 is concerned it may lock your profile to the PS4). All phase 1 character data will be getting wiped.

That's right listen to the fanboy cause he/she knows everything and LOVES pointing it out to pretty much everybody cause Hippy_Pickle loves everything about FF14 so make sure you listen to Hippy_Pickle cause he is a part of the FF14 fanboy cult:worship:

Mizuki_Yun
26th Feb 2014, 05:30
It was fun but we are in Beta 1 yet right? but I did noticed that I lost some of my skills after I log off and come back on :scratch: I'm not sure if that how the beta works or it was a bug? and just using two skills isn't fun at all :( but I can see myself playing this game in the future ;)

Mizuki_Yun
26th Feb 2014, 05:37
In my history I did play TERA and paid for it for a bit then switched over to Aion then come here I have to say this game is alright but I think the Male humans need to be work on compared to the female humans maybe the male needs a new body shape? or maybe it's me or maybe it's my taste :p but so far the game is amazing some parts it's kind of hard some parts it's kind of easy that might need to be balanced a bit but this is the beta for PS4

Hippy_Pickle
26th Feb 2014, 09:12
That's right listen to the fanboy cause he/she knows everything and LOVES pointing it out to pretty much everybody cause Hippy_Pickle loves everything about FF14 so make sure you listen to Hippy_Pickle cause he is a part of the FF14 fanboy cult:worship:

No I don't work for SE, and you're the one trolling and causing problems here. Do you see anyone else trying to help people?? No, I'm a member of this community and try to help people but all your negative, flaming posts calling people names are not helping anyone and is just feeding your own ego. You just quoted me giving help and advise to other members of the community and you think that is trolling?

markh82
26th Feb 2014, 10:06
Hey guys I would like to add to this discussion that I have been able to increase all windows and text in the game to a readable size, apart from npc chat bubble. To increase the size of a window that pops up simply click r3 while they are up on the screen. I found increasing the size to max 140% works fine. But like I say the speech bubbles when talking to npc's can't be enlarged in this way.

Driber
26th Feb 2014, 10:11
Hippy_Pickle u say your not a fanboy, but you go around and are "trolling" ppl's posts, do you work for Square Enix ?

ZombieCoffin, these kinds of responses are in violation of our Terms Of Use. Shape up, or you may see a not-so-lenient staff response next time.

Any response to this warning should be done via PM, according to said TOU.

Back on topic now, everyone.

markh82
26th Feb 2014, 10:40
Hi everyone, I thought I would set this thread up for people like myself who had trouble with the game when first starting out. For many console gamers this might be they're first foray into the world of an mmo, so it can seem a little daunting when first starting out.
So if you have any hints or tips to help other players please feel free to add your own no matter how obvious you think they may be.

1. To increase text size in the game try clicking r3 on everything as this will enlarge most windows and text in the game, I find if your on a big tv sitting more than 6 feet away go for 140% size.
2. You can go into the main menu by pressing options button and go to hud, here you will be able to adjust the size and location on screen of your hud elements.
3. To access your chat press once on the touchpad then use your d-pad to navigate around. From here you can adjust the size of the chat box and the chat text.
4. To get access to the mini map press the touchpad twice then navigate around using the d-pad. From here you can zoom in and out.
5. To get more info about current quests click the touchpad 3 times and navigate around using the d-pad and click the quest you want to interact with. And remember when these windows open click r3 multiple times to enlarge.
6. The chat bubble with npc's cannot be enlarged, this is something that needs corrected.
7. To target an enemy press X as you approach them, then click in L3 this wile enable you to stafe around the target while always facing them.
8. Remember to repair your items and attire often as they deterrerote over time and after battles.

These are the only one's I can think of at the moment off the top of my head. Please feel free to add your own. If you have any problems with the game please post politely and try to be constructive, remember its a beta.

Hippy_Pickle
26th Feb 2014, 13:22
Hi Markh82, the problem with the speech bubble size has been reported over at the Lodestone forums and hopefully the dev's will look into resolving the issue either for phase 2 of the beta or the full release at least :)

Hippy_Pickle
26th Feb 2014, 13:31
Thanks for taking the time to post up some help tips for other PS4 users, from the sounds of it the touchpad clicks have replaced what the select button does currently on the PS3 version, as in it selects the active window etc.

Another thing you can do in the HUD options is if you have a keyboard connected you can hold the shift key while moving things around and it will 'snap to grid' so you can keep things lined up if you like things orderly like me :D

One of the greatest additions they made to a recent update is adding the 'Focus Target' option on the PS3 (was in PC version from the start but not PS3). If you press square when you have a target highlighted you can then select the focus target option which will put a copy of that targets HP bar etc on screen (position can be moved via HUD options). This is great for healing classes so you can see what a boss is casting etc while you have your party selected for heals.

I actually reassigned the 'lock on' function from L3 to R3 because I kept accidentally pushing it when trying to move out of AOE's which make you strafe and move slower, kept getting myself killed stupidly hahahaha

Mizuki_Yun
26th Feb 2014, 16:16
Alright I was wondering where my skills went to and they was knocked out of the hotbar :( not only that trying to get them back in seems kind of annoying I only got two skills that I was missing back on I'm almost very frustrated with this but the game is fun don't get me wrong I just wished editing the Hotbar was more easier but win I set the hotbar and log out and come back in and the hotbar is unset again that is not going to be fun for me at all

Upedate- I found out why my skills was being knocked out I wasn't logging out right I just closed the game not using the menu choice I just pushed the home and closed the game my bad so I tested it and closed it like you should and all my skills stayed so that one thing you got to look out for

Pharis81
26th Feb 2014, 19:07
Trying to log into the PS4 beta. Click on having an existing Square Enix account. When I enter my User ID and Password, it says they are incorrect. This is the same User ID and password I used to get on this forum, so I'm not sure why it isn't working. I thought I read that I didn't need the one-time password. Is that incorrect?

markh82
26th Feb 2014, 20:10
Thanks for posting. Do you know if SE are aware of the size problem with the text inside the speech bubbles?

Hippy_Pickle
28th Feb 2014, 08:43
Hi Mizuki,

Not sure on the exact button on the PS4 version but on the PS3 if you have either L2 or R2 pressed and then also press the select button you can re-order the hotbars to your liking. I'm assuming it maybe the touchpad push on the PS4 maybe? You can also add commands back to the hotbar through the 'Actions and traits' menu, in here you can also add extra skills via the cross-class actions (where in certain skills from 1 class can be used on another).

Hippy_Pickle
28th Feb 2014, 08:50
Hi Pharis,

The username and password for these forums are not always the same as the required SE ID to log in to the game.
You have to have created an account here - https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account
You are correct that you don't need the one-time password, this is for users that either have the physical security token or the software app.

Hippy_Pickle
28th Feb 2014, 08:52
Yes this has been logged over at the official Developer forums 'The Lodestone', so hopefully they will resolve it for release.

slugboss
28th Feb 2014, 19:34
I have the same problem logging in. While I would just create a new account through the PS4, my ID is already taken and as pharis81 will probably find out it's from using it here and migrating from the na.square-enix.com? Would linking this ID that I'm using on this forum to my playstation account from the profile section make matters worse? I hear it's impossible to unlink from your playstation account which may lock me out entirely. Why is this so bad? How bad of language can I use in my new square-enix ID? Because I want my experience here to shine through onto the next square-enix.com which has no affiliation with square-enix.com...

GOLDENBOY1975
1st Mar 2014, 10:26
i wanna know will my stats from the beta carry over to the final game?

Ebola510
1st Mar 2014, 11:20
OK so when this game was in beta for ps3 that's when I first played it. I didn't buy it but I did make an account. Fast forward a bit and the ps4 beta is going on. I go to the option where it says to use your existing SE account and it tells me it's invalid. I know I put it in correctly because I took a note of my user ID and password in my phone when I first made it. Why doesn't this work? I even tried to make a new account to try and play, and literally EVERY email address I have is invalid even the 2 emails that I just made to play this game. Funny thing is when this game was first in beta I had similar problems. Anyone else having these problems? Are there any solutions?

realmreaver73
1st Mar 2014, 13:35
I finally got it working but haven't returned after the first day due to the TINY text from npcs make it hard on my eyes. I am not going to strain my eyes to play this game. Otherwise it's a very good game.

Agrieus
1st Mar 2014, 16:25
Yes, just like with any MMO you always wanna log out using the "Log Out" option on any MMO as so you don't potentially loose any character data. As for assigning abilities (or anything) to the hot bar you can just open up your menu, head over to "Character" and go down to the action list and move your cursor to highlight the action or item you wanna move to the hot bar. When you highlight what you wanna move you should see a little text around the icon that says "subcommands" with a square button next to it. Hit Square and a menu should pop up that lists a few options...one of which should be "Add to Hot bar" or something like it. Select that option and from there you should be able to add it to your hot bar by holding down L2 or R2 then pressing the button that you wanna add that ability/item to. Just about anything has that "subcommand" text, including emotes, so you can add just about anything to the hot bar. I hope this helps :)

Agrieus
1st Mar 2014, 17:03
As for my own personal feedback, I really enjoyed playing the beta. I didn't have a SE account prior to getting everything set up properly (it took me about 10 minutes to make a SE account to log in and finish going through the hoops) but I figured everything out without too much fuss...I play SWTOR and you have to make an origin account with that game so I'm no stranger to needing to make an account with the publisher of a game in order to play or test their product.

As for the game itself, the world was beautiful and the music was fantastic. Wouldn't expect any less from a FF game. I didn't have any trouble getting the main quest line going BUT the text size during the conversations is eye squinchingly too small. People playing on consoles most likely won't be playing on a 18 inch monitor so the font sizes really could stand to be increased a bit on ALL aspects of the game (but I won't complain if only the conversation font size is increased since the menu text isn't TOO bad). I also couldn't read the world map very well so it made it sometimes difficult to navigate and determine where I needed to go next, especially when a quest marker isn't/wasn't always readily available. Making the maps more legible would help tremendously during quest and map navigation.

As for gameplay, I absolutely loved the job system. I love how I'm not tied down to only playing as 1 type of character and being able to change classes on the fly is INCREDIBLY useful. Also adding in a "no action" grace period is also wise to help keep balance with combat. If you could instantly swap to a healer when low on HP and heal yourself then quickly switch back to an attacking form, it'd make the game too easy. The frame rate was also excellent. Hardly noticed any lag at all. I also never came across any bugs that halted my quest progress or caused my game to crash. I also really loved how I could explore most of Eorza before the PS4 versions release. Granted, I had to avoid monster fights since most of them were 20 levels above me, but it was still fun running around the land and just seeing how far I could go. And lastly, I really enjoyed the main quest line story....or at least, as much of it as I could play. I really hope I can acquire some of the armor the Legates wield...here's to hoping. All in all I really enjoyed giving the beta a shot. I'll definitely be grabbing the PS4 version when it comes out.

Also on a side note: I'm really sad I can't use my same character in the Phase 2 beta :(. All that work I put into leveling him and his other classes were for naught. Wish I would've researched this before hand lol.

Agrieus
1st Mar 2014, 17:18
@Ebola510

Try checking your account info on their sites...for some reason there's 2 sites (not sure why) and one of them is what links your account to allow you to play the beta

http://www.square-enix.com/

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home

I'm not sure why but I couldn't get the first site to save my info and link it to my PSN after I updated and changed it, but I had better success with the 2nd site. Give it a shot (particularly the second web address). Just make sure all your info is up to date and you've got your correct region selected. Hope this helps....it took me about 10 minutes to figure it all out, but I was probably lucky it's starting to seem like.

JohnRKlein
1st Mar 2014, 22:35
Where is the ps4 beta forum?

I have an older 52inch projection TV that is 1080i and I can't play this game at all since all the text is unreadable. Shame.

Acorn_Addict
2nd Mar 2014, 04:58
Immediately, the main issue that is deterring me from enjoying the game as much as I could be is how incredibly small all of the text is in the dialogue and the HUD. I am playing on a 42" screen and my living room is not that large, but need to sit in front of the TV like it is a computer monitor. Please increase text sizes, or provide an option for the player to be able to adjust. Thanks!Exactly this. I played about an hour of the beta, and it wowed me. I have never played any FF games past FFVIII and this game really amazed me visually. I was so excited until I started to get anoyed that I couldnt sit on my couch and had to stand up at the tv. I will buy this game if they increase the text size so I can play comfortably on my couch, but if they keep it this way, it seems I may miss out on a game that I could truly love to play. So Square-Enix, please fix this issue. Thanks.

ZombieCoffin
3rd Mar 2014, 05:20
Ha! thing is no1 can log in2 the beta form, it's called the Loadstone and it's a known issue? Who knows when or IF it will be fixed?
I can't link it sorry, cause im using my Ps4 as my browser lol But i do seeing a link somewhere on the Square Enix page? Im sure someone 1 else will post a link it BUT you would "think" being an official Square Enix forum their would already be 1?

cusman
16th Mar 2014, 14:50
Thanks for posting. Do you know if SE are aware of the size problem with the text inside the speech bubbles?

I couldn't believe that they released a beta for a living room HDTV game with UI / text size more appropriate for a screen < 2 feet from the player. My beta experience involved standing ~3 feet from my HDTV squinting to read text as I went through the elaborate character creation options. Then I had to pick some server which I later learned is not the same one that rest of my friends in the beta used. Then I ended up on some kind of kart ride with some character talking to me with tiny speech bubbles again requiring me to stay close to the screen.

I just got tired of standing and I couldn't handle the really tiny UI elements and tiny text bubbles that you have to read. So that was my phenomenal beta experience with FF XIV.

Even though I have a bunch of online friends playing FF XIV on the PS3 and some looking to upgrade to the PS4 for the better graphics, I think this game is just not for me.

weethor
24th Mar 2014, 09:03
Did anyone else have targeting issues? I would lock my target then after my next attack on my locked target it would revert to my last target i attacked.

theo23
9th Apr 2014, 19:33
I don't know if anybody thought this but i was kind of disappointed in the graphics wise, the pc one looks stunning, but the ps4 one looks bland and flat

will they optimize the graphics later on?

Hippy_Pickle
10th Apr 2014, 07:50
If you'd played on the PS3 you would not say it looked bland and flat! Everyone I've spoke to has said it looks just as good as a higher end PC currently does, main difference between the PS3 and PS4 is draw distance and the amount of characters that can be displayed at once.