PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Character Questions and Concerns

Pages : [1] 2

member_10269649
18th Jun 2012, 21:41
Use this thread to discuss and help each other out with any character-related issues you might run into.
---

I know this isnt exactly the right forum for this but to be honest i cant get in to make a character FF14 crashes upon loading. I have played many games before that my computer does not meet the requirements for and it handled them fine. I play diablo 3, WoW, and I can even dual box at full graphics in Eve Online. I thought I would check out FF14 seeing how its price has come down sense it first played I got my account sorted out and then when I click play she just crashes at the start menue. Square enix needs to adjust the graphics drive for FF14 there should be no reason the game to crash at the start menue. Hell I have even run Unreal 2004 on a computer that was in all sense of the word falling apart at the seems flooded with viruses by its previous owner and that game was seriously heavy on the gc as many of its maps were player created in high detail. I am a Final Fantasy fan and love playing the classic games and some of the new ones. But if FF14 is that heavy duty on the graphics i could see a large ousting of player base for those who cant afford a high end gaming computer. I would hope that square enix be able to adjust the gc requirements to allow more people to be able to experience the game. Again i know this isnt exactly the right forum for this but without a character created I cant post in the FF14 forum.

member_10269649
18th Jun 2012, 22:34
Hmm thought my gc was better then what it was she only running Intel HD. Still weird I can play many games beyond her specs gues I will have to hold off a few years till i can afford a better comp if the game still around then.

Bhalditar
19th Jun 2012, 15:04
You may want to consult the knowledge base on Final Fantasy XIV here: support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=902&la=1&kid=56903&ret=faqtop&c=5&sc=49)

I believe that pertains to your current problem of crashing on launch.

If you need further assistance, there are resources here you can use to contact Square Enix's Customer Service.

Hope that helps and that you can play FFXIV soon!

member_10269649
19th Jun 2012, 17:41
Interesting thing is if i set the graphics down to lowest quality it crashes upon startup but if i have it set to standard i can get all the way to the menue. Im grabbing the benchmark to see what it rates my gc at i know windows 7 puts me at a 5.2 out of 7.4 for gaming graphics. Its just weird that I can play every other game i have tried. To some extent i could model on this computer as well. Hmm well this is odd i must have something on the comp thats messing with the game itself even the benchmark tool does not work it crashes as well. I know shes a laptop her id is Satelite L655-S5146. I actually got her cheap cause someone changed the password on the blue ray display one and they refused to sell it sadly they trashed that comp to their policy so they gave me the next best one they had for the sale price of the blue ray one.

member_10269649
19th Jun 2012, 20:22
I been reading around and I have found a disturbing trend of a great number of people complaining about laptops/destops unable to play ff14 despite meeting the minimum or exceeding the max requirements for the game: Some have said laptops are not great for gaming but I have found them to be excelent except for when one wants to dual box then it becoms work. It is disturbing to read those as an mmo should never be that heavy. I have read some where people even say that they have had to wait ten minutes for npcs to fully load.

Shinigamiguy
24th Dec 2012, 17:57
Yoshi P said that you will be able to play with you same guy on both the ps3 and on pc
so im wondering..
If i buy a subscription for on my pc will i have to have to same account for on ps3 or will say.. I be able to play with my guy on my pc and my little brother be able to play with his guy on the ps3 having a dif. account? or will he have to buy a subscription also?

jadebladez616
25th Dec 2012, 03:34
Yoshi P said that you will be able to play with you same guy on both the ps3 and on pc
so im wondering..
If i buy a subscription for on my pc will i have to have to same account for on ps3 or will say.. I be able to play with my guy on my pc and my little brother be able to play with his guy on the ps3 having a dif. account? or will he have to buy a subscription also?

the ps3 version will have a log in screen just like the PC version. You can play on your account on your PS3 if you want. Now when your brother wants to play all he'd have to do is log in using his own account.

Shinigamiguy
25th Dec 2012, 13:38
so theres no need for more than one membership per household? how certian is this?

and thanks, happy holidays!

Kursik
4th Jan 2013, 23:24
What you have is an account for pc. When you buy the ps3 version you have a choice: you can either link your ps3 version to your pc account and play using the same person you have been. Or if you both want to play at the same time with the ps3 version your brother will need to make a new account and subscription.

So if you want to play at the same time you will need 2 subscriptionsand 2 accounts. You can only have one person playing on each account.

If you want to have 2 characters and take turns playing you can use one account with 2 made characters on it.

member_10547357
8th Jun 2013, 17:44
Just a quick question.

I haven't found yet a place where is stated so I would like to ask here. I bought collectors and played until march, 2011 or so... my question is ... that character that I worked on, would be available on FFXIV: ARR ? I played until I couldn't handle all the work that required XIV at that time but recently I tried BETA and I liked what I looked, so I just wanted to know if I could play with that character and not start from 0 again, thank you all for your answers...

x3Noctis
8th Jun 2013, 18:17
Yes you will keep your character but I shall also add you are also able to rename your character and recreate it while still keeping your items/level/etc. You are also able to transfer to new servers base on where you live. However since you're a LEGACY member, you can only transfer THAT character to Legacy servers and not the new servers since Yoshida Naoki (Producer and Director) doesn't want the Legacy players to destroy the economy of other servers. So whoever joins those servers start from scratch.

The legacy servers in NA are:
Balmung
Excalibur
Hyperion
Sargatanas

The Legacy servers in EU is:
Ragnarok

The Legacy servers in JP are:
Aegis
Durandal
Gungnir
Masamune
Ridill

This way you won't miss out on the whole experience of FFXIV: ARR. If you like, you can still leave your character in the legacy server and make a new one on the new servers. Named after the monsters in Final Fantasy. However, the coolest one (Bahamut) is in Japan. :/

The coolest name server in NA is probably Behemoth and Gilgamesh . I'm planning to join Behemoth.. but tempted to join Gilgamesh.

member_10547357
8th Jun 2013, 18:25
maaaaaaaan you made my day!! thank you :D

member_10547357
8th Jun 2013, 18:26
Yes you will keep your character but I shall also add you are also able to rename your character and recreate it while still keeping your items/level/etc. You are also able to transfer to new servers base on where you live. However since you're a LEGACY member, you can only transfer THAT character to Legacy servers and not the new servers since Yoshida Naoki (Producer and Director) doesn't want the Legacy players to destroy the economy of other servers. So whoever joins those servers start from scratch.

Balmung
Excalibur
Hyperion
Sargatanas

Ragnarok

Aegis
Durandal
Gungnir
Masamune
Ridill

This way you won't miss out on the whole experience of FFXIV: ARR. If you like, you can still leave your character in the legacy server and make a new one on the new servers. Named after the monsters in Final Fantasy. However, the coolest one (Bahamut) is in Japan. :/

The coolest name server in NA is probably Behemoth and Gilgamesh . I'm planning to join Behemoth.. but tempted to join Gilgamesh.

but didnt legacy players were the ones that played the last 90 days of the game?

x3Noctis
8th Jun 2013, 18:31

Balmung
Excalibur
Hyperion
Sargatanas

Ragnarok

Aegis
Durandal
Gungnir
Masamune
Ridill

but didnt legacy players were the ones that played the last 90 days of the game?

I believe if you have made a character in the Legacy servers, you can't transfer to the new servers regardless if you're a true legacy member or not. However, I'm just posting more just in case others are reading. If you are a new player but want to move to a legacy server because of friends/family/guildies. You can move to a Legacy server regardless if you're a legacy member or not.

Gilgamesh seems to be the most popular new server in FFXIVARR but that's based off this site: xivpads.com/?WorldTransferDirectory (http://xivpads.com/?WorldTransferDirectory)

member_10547357
8th Jun 2013, 18:34
thank you very much!

member_10645396
12th Jun 2013, 00:08
I played and leveled to cap on 1.0. Now my login tells me no characters on the lodestone and on here no games registered.

I tried to register my original registration code, and it says it's invalid.

What's the deal there.

Please tell me I don't have to buy this game again.

Avery

member_10645396
12th Jun 2013, 00:09
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" class="decorationTable4">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="td07">There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character.</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

member_10243448
12th Jun 2013, 01:35
I am having the same Issue. My guess is it wont show up until June 14th or at least thats what I am Hoping.

Ariies
12th Jun 2013, 01:48
I think they let out a notice about this. All FFXIV accounts were on hold until the launch or unable to register after a certain data....something along those likes I think.

member_10645396
12th Jun 2013, 07:19
Thank you for the replies, I guess I was just panicking :)

Ouroborus9nine
13th Jun 2013, 13:24
same happening here. also i go into the SE secure login and it shows my game history of ff11,14,etc yet this website says i have no registered games. is this the same issue?

GoJapanese
13th Jun 2013, 13:50
so only for 1.0? i mean for the ps3 version?

member_10736378
15th Jun 2013, 03:44
Is anyone else having this problem? If so, please help if you find a solution! I've been trying for hours now

member_10736378
15th Jun 2013, 03:48
Is anyone else having this problem? If so, please help if you find a solution! I've been trying for hours now

x3Noctis
15th Jun 2013, 03:55
Uhm, just saying just in case you want to keep your account. You can't distribute information outside of Beta.

member_10100626
15th Jun 2013, 04:30
testers are prohibited from disclosing any proprietary information related to the Beta Test. Beta Testers shall not disclose, publish, distribute, transmit, post, or otherwise make available, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information regarding specifications of the Beta version

if his question would get him removed

then i wouldnt want to spend my money and support that kind company

demyxx
15th Jun 2013, 06:37
Uhm, just saying just in case you want to keep your account. You can't distribute information outside of Beta.

You can't?

NDA is partially lifted. He can't expose any videos, but he can talk about Beta itself I thought?

Voltey
13th Aug 2013, 22:40
Is there a way to save a specific name before launch so you can make sure you can get the character name that you want?

ExHumor
15th Aug 2013, 00:33
I'm curious as to why you'd even care to save a name...

Considering you can pretty much have any name you want. Usernames consist of a First and Last name, and from my experience anyways... coming up with even one username is difficult enough, let alone a First, and Last Name. I'd say it doesn't really matter if you're able to save usernames or not, due to this fact alone.

Pretty hard for someone to steal your username. I'd imagine it's pretty rare for two people to think of the same First and Last name, unless of course you're trying to copy it from a game, show, anime, etc. Then it's not that rare, but anyone who can't come up with an original name on their own, deserves to have their name "Unavailable" in my opinion anyways haha.

Bhalditar
15th Aug 2013, 00:45
If you're able to participate in Phase 4 or Early Access, the characters you create will be carried over to the official release on August 27th. While you are not able to reserve a name specifically, those who play at launch will not be able to use your name if they are playing on the same server.

Broomy514
16th Aug 2013, 13:25
Basically I know this questions has been asked and answered a lot, but I can't remember the answer. I played FFXIV ever since launch 2 years ago or so, but didn't play much towards the end ( maybe the last 4 months before servers came down) . My question is, will FFXIV Realm Reborn still have my toon that had most jobs already to 50 saved on it? or Will I have to start from scratch when Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn goes live?

jaywalker2309
16th Aug 2013, 13:47
Hey there

i BELIEVE your account will continue from Version 1 onto the new servers.. altho personally i'd want to start again to get to see the new world fully :)

bozz1229
16th Aug 2013, 15:24
I was in the Phase 3 beta so I thought I would get a head start on leveling my characters today. However, when I was creating my character it would give me an error message stating that my current service account does not allowme to create any more characters..can anyone help?

Vorlord
16th Aug 2013, 20:50
Does anyone here know if I'm supposed to start my character from scratch? I've had a lot of time on my hands raising my character's archer class & now I see a totally new race & gender to start over with. Is this something that applies for everyone, even previous beta testers?

devilmaycry1989
16th Aug 2013, 22:35
Can I play my character from ps3 to pc.cos sometime I like to go back and fourth

SinisJecht
16th Aug 2013, 22:37
From what I've read,yes it is possible.But how it works is another question,one which I have no answer to hahaha. But yeah you can,so I've read.

Dulissa
16th Aug 2013, 22:52
You can yes. You will have to buy both a pc version and a ps3 version of the game though. then it's just a matter of signing into your account on the pc or ps3

Twizzo
17th Aug 2013, 05:07
If you can, then couldn't you just buy the PS3 copy and play on both with that since you already have an account and could potentially download the client for the PC without paying for it?

Sable_R
17th Aug 2013, 07:05
I am also have the same issue. Participated in the phase 3 beta but can not create a new character with the same error message. Any ideas as to why?

kyojiex
17th Aug 2013, 10:08
Ive been experiencing this problem for about 12 + hours now, where as if i go to send someone a /tell it gives me the error message of being bound by duty even though i am not currently active in one. The link shell, friends list, and search functions are all also greyed out/disabled and when i actually do go to try and register/join a duty or main storyline instance, i am immediately kicked from the server with the message "cannot connect to server 9000" error. Ive tried sending in 3 help tickets (over the course of 12 + hours, of course no response or help) as well as tried clearing out my quest/duty cache to no avail. The game is now pretty much unplayable for me now. I am a lvl 16 gladiator on the Adamantoise server named Lemroth Firestorm. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and or have a fix for it? Is there a place where i can post my problem where SE might actually react to it. Any help is appreciated.

FryChikN
17th Aug 2013, 16:01
"your current service account does not allow for the creation of anymore characters in this world"

:(

JaykOfTheCrystals
17th Aug 2013, 16:05
Yeah same here. I've been waiting for this game forever and now it's pulling this stuff. Wtf is going on? I'd also like an answer.

FryChikN
17th Aug 2013, 16:26
i logged out and logged back in and it randomly worked! i now how a problem with a friend tho... he registered his account but he cannot log into the game.

Majestyc1k
18th Aug 2013, 03:45
"your current service account does not allow for the creation of anymore characters in this world"

:(

I got the same message. I selected another server and was able to log in.

KupoSempai
18th Aug 2013, 03:54
I'm trying to make my character but it's still processing, been waiting for over an hour. Dx

razoredgess
18th Aug 2013, 04:41
While I was in the middle of the game, the game suddenly just logged me out. When I tried to log back in, it said it was unable to update the character servers. but when it finally did, it kept saying my character is still logged in. Whats going on?

Cabalistic
18th Aug 2013, 04:52
No, it isn't. The server disconnected me coming out of an instance and now I'm unable to log back in because the server seems to think my character is still there. Hopefully tech team is aware of this and is fixing ASAP.

lawlruss
18th Aug 2013, 04:53
Same thing here for computer.

CryXis4
18th Aug 2013, 04:54
The worst part is other people are able to play. How dare they play without me.

Krein81
18th Aug 2013, 04:56
Almost 1h after crach and game still think I'm in game..... ;)

xRAODENx
18th Aug 2013, 05:00
So everyone is having this problem then? Is Square at least trying to fix it?

Vyndicator
18th Aug 2013, 05:01
Same issue here. Not sure if there is a fix but reading through numerous posts on the web in which people have been stuck for the entire day without being able to play.

Krein81
18th Aug 2013, 05:03
last time they fix this problem realy fast but now....

Michiie
18th Aug 2013, 05:04
Well.. same problem here, no answers.

Amtric
18th Aug 2013, 05:10
I'm having the same problem.

Amodin
18th Aug 2013, 05:13
Posted on the Launcher for the game:

2013/08/17 23:33 Certain Worlds Login Difficulties (Aug. 17)
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein some cases players are unable to log into certain Worlds in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
From Aug. 17, 2013 9:17 p.m. (PDT)

[Details]
Unable to log into certain Worlds in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

[Affected Service]
-Moogle World
-Odin World
-Shiva World
-Cerberus World
-Faerie World
-Coeurl World
-Exodus World
-Diabolos World
-Adamantoise World
-Ultros World
-Midgardsormr World
-Malboro World
-Goblin World
-Cactuar World
-Gilgamesh World
-Leviathan World
-Behemoth World
-Balmung World
-Ragnarok World
-Sargatanas World
-Excalibur World
-Hyperion World

feloneouscat
Created a new character. Both times LOGGED OUT per Square-Enix recommendations.

Now I can't log in (says I'm still logged in). Attempts to fix the issue:

* shut down system for two minutes (no network activity).
* changed to second character
* created a NEW character
* created a new character on Faerie (new world) - unable to get into the lobby (whatever that means) - nor was that character saved (BIG BUG).

So, net result, is after over an hour I have yet to get back to my character.

--- off topic ---

The idea that the user should have to pick the server is, hopefully, limited only to the beta. As a normal product (I'm looking at LBP as an example) I shouldn't have to decide which "world" (server) in order to play with my friends - it should be automatic with servers doing appropriate load balancing.

Shadok
I'm going through the same problem. I was playing the game like normal and while I was transitioning/loading from one scene to another the servers went down. About an hour later and I can't log back in.

BlackberryIcedTea
18th Aug 2013, 05:15
cant log in either :/ saying im still in game after i got disconnected

FFLiak
18th Aug 2013, 05:17
Yes me too I am very sad :(

Amodin
18th Aug 2013, 05:18
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=4507&p=51887#post51887

Nikkivuitton
18th Aug 2013, 05:25
yeah i was in Limsa doing a quest mission thing and it was the investigate the Gratto i think and once i finished the battle it kicked me and then i went to log in and it said i am and i need to wait till i logged out to log back in -_- so pissed off right now

Nikkivuitton
18th Aug 2013, 05:27
same here RIGHT after i beat the Gratto mission quest thing in Limsa

gameface1324
18th Aug 2013, 05:29
Same here. Got booted off game when worlds went down, now cant get back in due to this "already logged in" error.

Funny part is, I couldn't log into my other character on a different world, who hasnt even been used today.... same error.

Fichmir
18th Aug 2013, 05:30
Error 3102 . Can't log in

Roguekitty
18th Aug 2013, 05:30
I suppose it doesn't matter which server you're trying to log onto if it thinks you're already online. It wouldn't let you on 2 characters at a time normally.

Jamborii
18th Aug 2013, 05:37
well i suppose this is a good thing.. 1. we find out this problem before we give square enix our creditcard subscription. 2. for those who preorder through stores like gamestop we can put our money to something else. 3. We know before hand how the service will be like once the game is live and if they have a massive system failure.

SGT_Lightning
18th Aug 2013, 05:44
Just got this problem too. Got booted and can't get back in. Seems like the server I was on is on a list of ones being investigated as of now though.

Roguekitty
18th Aug 2013, 05:45
You're giving up on the game because they're having a problem with the beta test? You DO realize that the point of a beta test is for them to test out their game, not so people can have a free demo of what the game will be like. If you're expecting a beta test to not have any problems, your hopes are way too high :P

Krein81
18th Aug 2013, 05:47
I just make another char on Jap servers and play ;)

Roguekitty
18th Aug 2013, 05:50
I just make another char on Jap servers and play ;)
That's actually a very good idea. XD

Spookzira
18th Aug 2013, 06:30
This sucks...I was really hoping to play with my friends (who are now online, I believe they are on PC) and I've had error 3102 for a couple of hours...

suss167
18th Aug 2013, 06:31
I am also having this problem! i tried making a character on the same server but i still get this error of still "being logged in" after the crash

Krein81
18th Aug 2013, 06:34
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=4513 <-- they fixing now ;)

deathwhitch
18th Aug 2013, 07:07
This sucks...I was really hoping to play with my friends (who are now online, I believe they are on PC) and I've had error 3102 for a couple of hours...

I'm on PC and I'm getting the same problem, even went as far as to download the PS3 and try there but same issue. Doesn't seem to matter what system you play on, the server and the issue connecting to it remain the same

Also why would not get this game on PC it loads faster, looks WAY better, and is cheaper. Hope it makes it to steam, Like using my steam wallet for my game purchases and such

RongorBlaan
18th Aug 2013, 07:22
Yep same problem here. Since yesterday evening i'm "already logged in". Pretty bad thing -.-

suss167
18th Aug 2013, 07:23
So worlds are all up again and i still cant get in same issue.

RongorBlaan
18th Aug 2013, 07:42
Now I'm nit in the game for nearly 12 hours. My chars are still logged in. I can't imagine what the problem is !?
12 hours and the server didn't notice my disconnect?
Frustrating....

Sry for my bad english. I'm a german guy.

suss167
18th Aug 2013, 08:04
That's some good english sir.

Voxvox
18th Aug 2013, 08:06
i have had this problem for the last 4 hours - i am on excalibur (NA server) and my ls members have said that my character still shows online, but has the cutscene marker next to my name. i got booted when i tried to do my level 15 archer quest fight, so i think i am perpetually stuck in that spot unless they take down the servers for maintenance (not what they did earlier, which did not require players to sign off or get booted). sucks, but think that unless they do a hard reset of the servers, all of us with 3102 will not be seeing the rest of open beta.

Bobilaj
18th Aug 2013, 08:20
Currently still experiencing the 3102 error on Cerberus

suss167
18th Aug 2013, 08:27
Currently still experiencing the 3102 error on Diabolos

RongorBlaan
18th Aug 2013, 09:07
Currently still experiencing the 3102 error on Shiva

Drahciraum
18th Aug 2013, 09:18
3102 error on Gilgamesh... T_T

Raezin
18th Aug 2013, 09:23
Still cannot log into my character on Gilgamesh. It has been over 7 hours now. Little ridiculous that a fix is still not in place.

tempesta21
18th Aug 2013, 09:27
same still on goblin...

LSFear
18th Aug 2013, 09:29
You're giving up on the game because they're having a problem with the beta test? You DO realize that the point of a beta test is for them to test out their game, not so people can have a free demo of what the game will be like. If you're expecting a beta test to not have any problems, your hopes are way too high :P

just so we are clear this is a live game "There are NO rollbacks" so pretty much the "Beta" title means litterally nothing the devleopment is 100% done for retail atm.
IMO there should be a fresh start on the 24th considering the unfair advantage some players got. EG: no 3102, made it on correct server before they filled up. few other things you can count like torret clients(2hr advantage) Customer Service 1st wave of threads was complaing about taken emails.

OkamiDestiny
18th Aug 2013, 10:14
please help , it's my third day without sleeping since i want to play ffxiv so bad but it just doesnt let me play

BagelosXtraordinaire
18th Aug 2013, 11:33
Hi, same thing was happening to me. Refresh the server page. It should update which servers have room. I started loading in but still haven't got in yet. This was about 20 minutes ago so maybe it's full already and I'm stuck in limbo. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Evalissa
18th Aug 2013, 11:58
Due to the large number of concurrent players on the NA/EU datacenter, we'll be adding three new Worlds
We'll be adding Lamia, Phoenix and Siren. Among them, Phoenix is a world recommended for EU region.
To guide players to those two new Worlds, we'll be suspending character creation on the other NA/EU data center Worlds.

you can only create characters on those three worlds

MetalAngel
18th Aug 2013, 13:04
Somehow, I`m having the same problem, and I only have 1character too o.o

I hope this gets fixed before the game releases. I want to start playing with my friends again on the game x.x

Raezin
18th Aug 2013, 13:31
Still an ongoing issue. How has this not been fixed yet?

BlackberryIcedTea
18th Aug 2013, 13:31
still not letting me log into behemoth server.... :mad:

Mallust
18th Aug 2013, 14:29
No communication for Square Enix I have never seen a game where you don't get any response from anyone ever on the forums besides other players. If this is a sign of the Support of this game then I want nothing to do with it myself. Yes its Beta but still not communicating with your Community is a really bad idea and you will lose many people from playing the game.

talman420
18th Aug 2013, 14:40
Yes, this is a beta, so of course stress tests will crash servers, etc. But a widespread crippling issue like this? A week prior to launch, and no statement or update? And the forums going offline too? You'd think they'd have some rough idea about the numbers of people they're expecting, due to the fact that they gave out registration codes to begin with.

Roguekitty
18th Aug 2013, 14:41
I saw somewhere that someone suggested redownloading your client... I doubt it will work, but I'm going to try it anyways :P

talman420
18th Aug 2013, 14:43
Good luck. I have a feeling that it's more about server issues than our client, so your doubts are probably well founded. Keep us posted!

k00ksta
18th Aug 2013, 15:14
still unable to login due to the 3102 error since 10:03pm central time last night. Please fix...

Roguekitty
18th Aug 2013, 15:30
17 more minutes on install... I'll let you know then :)

GodofWar310x
18th Aug 2013, 15:42
Since 8/17/2013 Time was, 11:30 pm EST ( DiaboIos ) I was Knock off sever coming from Central Thanalan and Zone in to West Thanalan. Afterwards Tried reloading in Since 8/17/2013 Time was, 11:30 pm EST ( DiaboIos ) and it is now 8/18/2013 Time is, 11:17 am EST ( Diabolos ) and Still getting error Messages ( You are still logged into the game. Please allow a few moments for the logout process to complete. If you continue experiencing problem's. Please contact customer support. ) Code : 3102. I have tried few things, nothing seems to work Everyone I know also having the same issues in NA. If tech support doesn't get this issue fix soon I and I am sure everyone else paying for copy of this game will result to canceling pre-orders for Final Fanstesy 14.

Character Name: Ajido Marujido
Server: Diabolos

Roguekitty
18th Aug 2013, 15:49
Finished reinstalling the game. Didn't work, just as I suspected. But hey, I wasn't doing anything important, so why not try? :P

But yes, reinstalling the game did NOT work, as it's totally on their side.

seldomseemp5
18th Aug 2013, 15:57
Since 8/17/2013 Time was, 11:30 pm EST ( DiaboIos ) I was Knock off sever coming from Central Thanalan and Zone in to West Thanalan. Afterwards Tried reloading in Since 8/17/2013 Time was, 11:30 pm EST ( DiaboIos ) and it is now 8/18/2013 Time is, 11:17 am EST ( Diabolos ) and Still getting error Messages ( You are still logged into the game. Please allow a few moments for the logout process to complete. If you continue experiencing problem's. Please contact customer support. ) Code : 3102. I have tried few things, nothing seems to work Everyone I know also having the same issues in NA. If tech support doesn't get this issue fix soon I and I am sure everyone else paying for copy of this game will result to canceling pre-orders for Final Fanstesy 14.

Good... Less people to worry about being online and taking up space

GodofWar310x
18th Aug 2013, 15:57
Since 8/17/2013 Time was, 11:30 pm EST ( DiaboIos ) I was Knock off sever coming from Central Thanalan and Zone in to West Thanalan. Afterwards Tried reloading in Since 8/17/2013 Time was, 11:30 pm EST ( DiaboIos ) and it is now 8/18/2013 Time is, 11:55 am EST ( Diabolos ) and Still getting error Messages ( You are still logged into the game. Please allow a few moments for the logout process to complete. If you continue experiencing problem's. Please contact customer support. ) Code : 3102. I have tried few things, nothing seems to work Everyone I know also having the same issues in NA. If tech support doesn't get this issue fix soon I and I am sure everyone else paying for copy of this game will result to canceling pre-orders for Final Fanstesy 14.

System: PS 3

GodofWar310x
18th Aug 2013, 16:06
Since 8/17/2013 Time was, 11:30 pm EST ( DiaboIos ) I was Knock off sever coming from Central Thanalan and Zone in to West Thanalan. Afterwards Tried reloading in Since 8/17/2013 Time was, 11:30 pm EST ( DiaboIos ) and it is now 8/18/2013 Time is, 11:55 am EST ( Diabolos ) and Still getting error Messages ( You are still logged into the game. Please allow a few moments for the logout process to complete. If you continue experiencing problem's. Please contact customer support. ) Code : 3102. I have tried few things, nothing seems to work Everyone I know also having the same issues in NA. If tech support doesn't get this issue fix soon I and I am sure everyone else paying for copy of this game will result to canceling pre-orders for Final Fanstesy 14.

System: PS 3

Roguekitty
18th Aug 2013, 16:08
You can stop posting this now, we get it. :P

GodofWar310x
18th Aug 2013, 16:09
SE needs to fix the issues asap ......

talman420
18th Aug 2013, 16:11
Finished reinstalling the game. Didn't work, just as I suspected. But hey, I wasn't doing anything important, so why not try? :P

But yes, reinstalling the game did NOT work, as it's totally on their side.

It was worth a shot. Thanks for the update.

Serialshock
18th Aug 2013, 16:16
dam server bug, and square dont give us any support =s

Consilio
18th Aug 2013, 16:18
One things for sure, if they do find a fix, Godofwar will be the first to get help... :P

OhMyFuzzy
18th Aug 2013, 19:07
square has no support on weekends which makes this beta bad idea... hope they fix this issue before launch. im not gonna be happy if im payin and end up with this error again and not be able to play on a weekend cuz they dont believe in weekend tech..... you would think thats when there tech team would be best cuz everyone one will be on

~Fuzzy

darkcloud108640
18th Aug 2013, 19:15
i am still getting the message sating that i am still logged in code 3102 they need to fix this bug.

character name: junior figueroa
server:behemoth
system: ps3

AnimeLoverAlways
18th Aug 2013, 19:22
Ive been unable to get into playing the game since last night, kept saying I was still logged in. This is ridiculous! How are we suppposed to beta test a game if we cant play it?

Serialshock
18th Aug 2013, 19:30
square has no support on weekends which makes this beta bad idea... hope they fix this issue before launch. im not gonna be happy if im payin and end up with this error again and not be able to play on a weekend cuz they dont believe in weekend tech..... you would think thats when there tech team would be best cuz everyone one will be on

~Fuzzy

They are wasting ur money weekends and u here paying and cant play =P hahaha

Whiskan
19th Aug 2013, 14:17
I logged into the game this morning and my character is gone! Any idea what might be causing this?

Amaki77
19th Aug 2013, 14:52
you a Jp player, if not try again if its still not there you might need to talk with SE

Consilio
19th Aug 2013, 14:57
At the time you made this post people were no longer able to log in to the servers.

I myself logged out about 20 min before the end of the beta which was 10-20 min after you posted and then tried to log on again just to...well look at my character lol but nothing was there at all.

Sooo I would not worry

MentalSte
20th Aug 2013, 06:40
Am I able to transfer my Characters between my FFXIV accounts?
I have my original FFXIV 1.0 account with my original characters. I have also a registered account from an SE Digital download on which I played my open beta character. I have since ordered the FFXIV ARR Collectors Edition disk version of which I am yet to receive. Can I transfer my Beta character to my Collectors Edition once I can register that account? Can I transfer my original characters from v1.0 to my new account? I would like to keep 2 accounts but would like to make my Collectors Edition my main account on which I am yet to make a character. I know all I lose is 3 days of Beta but I will also be unable to use the character name I prefer as it is already registered on our chosen server on my old account.

LSFear
20th Aug 2013, 06:43
There is no character transfer

DrasticMeat
20th Aug 2013, 10:55
There was a time period in the past when transfers were being done .... why they chose then to do it , who the **** knows ... now that everyone has created toons on servers that were newly created and friends are spread out all over the place because servers filled up so damn quickly and they forced people to create toons on particularly newly created servers, they are going to have to allow a time for transfers or for some of us who have old characters on legacy may choose to not play long ... Balmung was locked early as hell ... none of my friends were able to join me. If I'm not allowed the chance to transfer later, then I will not play to long and be danmed if I start all over.

unholykrusher
20th Aug 2013, 14:42
No characters from the Original Version of the game will be transfered only the players who participated in Phase 4 Beta this past weekend will have there characters left in the game...meaning the final phase had no wipe before the games official release.

DrasticMeat
20th Aug 2013, 17:22
No characters from the Original Version of the game will be transfered only the players who participated in Phase 4 Beta this past weekend will have there characters left in the game...meaning the final phase had no wipe before the games official release.

I don't know what the hell you are talking about ... all characters from V1.0 are being transferred into the new game. Hell, I was playing my toon from V1.0 in Open Beta.

As to the OP ... you are talking about characters transferring form account to account .... THAT I highly doubt will happen .... you better apply that Collectors Edition code to your account that you have your Open Beta toon on .... that would be your best bet ... or apply the collectors addition to your V1.0 account ... either way, thats the only way either of your accounts will get the bonuses from having the CE. Character transfers from account to account is something I've never heard of any MMO doing in the past.

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 17:31
As DrasticMeat said, to any knowledge given out so far, there won't be an ability to transfer characters from service account to another service account. You will want to apply the Collector's Edition to the account you want to use as your main.

MentalSte
20th Aug 2013, 18:05
Ok, thanx for the input guys. I thought that would be the case but thought I'd ask just in case :) I will just start over on my Collectors Edition account & come up with a variation of my character name. I only lose 3 days beta test advancement which is no big deal. With all the cross class stuff to do, going to be low level a lot.

Ashyre34
21st Aug 2013, 22:50
I was wondering how much your attributes (STR, INT, etc) matter for a character. Is it better to make 2 characters and focus one on magic stats and the other on physical? For example if I put everything into INT for a arcanist but later on want to make a pugilist on the same character would I be a gimped pugilist?

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 22:56
I was wondering how much your attributes (STR, INT, etc) matter for a character. Is it better to make 2 characters and focus one on magic stats and the other on physical? For example if I put everything into INT for a arcanist but later on want to make a pugilist on the same character would I be a gimped pugilist?

The character classes do not share attribute points. So, going from your example, when you put points in as an Arcanist and then switch to Pugilist, the Pugilist will have their own set of points. The racial differences in stats are minor, so you might be a little lower at the start but in the long run it won't make much difference. So, in short, no. Making two classes on the same character will not gimp any of the other classes. Jobs however, if they stem from the same base class, say Scholar and Summoner how they both come from Arcanist, you will have to choose your stats specifically for one or the other as the points are shared between those.

VictorSama
22nd Aug 2013, 11:01
As title. When I register to the new FFXIV forum:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/

They mention that I need to select my main character before using any forum services. However, on the "Edit Character" page, there are 3 "empty" drop down list. I selected my character name and click "save" but it doesn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o0fuvfx1znufvf/forumbug.png

Darklordkjell
22nd Aug 2013, 11:04
You're lucky I guess. I can't even log in there. :p

JackBoss14475
22nd Aug 2013, 11:10
As title. When I register to the new FFXIV forum:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/

They mention that I need to select my main character before using any forum services. However, on the "Edit Character" page, there are 3 "empty" drop down list. I selected my character name and click "save" but it doesn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o0fuvfx1znufvf/forumbug.png

You need to click on the star that is on top of the character's face.

Erendis
22nd Aug 2013, 16:43
Thank you very much!

MarkusLazardakus
22nd Aug 2013, 18:50
I made a character on Saturday the 17th, during the open beta period, and explored the game a little. With the official start date soon arriving, a concern / question popped into my head;

When playing any storyline game, such as this, I prefer to start it fresh, with everything newly happening before my eyes in one nice continued gameplay. I much prefer it when everything remains fresh in my mind during progression, not to mention I could freely repeat storyline videos, game text, and suggested player tips / general information.

During the beta, I just wanted a quick glance at the game, and, as such, only got my character to level 3 ( error 3102 didn't help much either ) With all that said - I'd prefer not to log onto my level 3 character and pick up from where I left off ( not like they had any description of important items or sufficient amount of money regardless )

If I delete my current level 3 character on my preferred gaming server I am currently hosted on, will I
1) Be able to instantly re-make that character, on that same server / realm, free of any fear from the warning message "You are not allowed to make more characters on this server", resulting in me getting pushed out of the server my friends are located on?
2) Be able to use the exact same First Name and Last Name? As a result of the character being previously deleted, I imagine the name should instantly become available to me for repeated use, unless there is going to be some description of a cleansing period or deletion pool I have to wait out.
3) If I do in fact delete my first created character, am I losing any rewards / benefits to playing a "First Created Character"? - With this, I mean stuff along the lines of items and currency.

If I have reasons to believe that doing this would end up being more trouble than its worth - then I would sooner save myself the aggravation, and just make another character, on a completely different server, and, upon completion of everything my level 3 managed, switch back, and just continue, having re-visited previous endeavors.

MarkusLazardakus
22nd Aug 2013, 18:52
For Final Fantasy 14

MooseQuest
22nd Aug 2013, 19:46
Going with my experience from previous titles, characters are actually not fully deleted. You can remove your character and I think it can be restored in about 6 months... With that in mind you will not be able to create a character with the same name.

MarkusLazardakus
22nd Aug 2013, 20:14
This sounds most unfortunate - however manageable - as I said, this problem I've encountered will most likely result with the creation of another character on another server / realm, using the same model as the level 3 character ( not necessary ) - then re-visiting all the starter stuff (a backup plan is to try calling someone or sending a ticket of some description, and see if I cant find another "work around"). A bit of a pain, but, my choice afterall if it’s worth doing it or not.

Thank you, Moosequest, for your time in responding to my question, and also for sharing your previous gaming experiences and knowledge with me - here's hoping more will follow, and, no disrespect intended, hopefully they'll provide me with an answer or solution that not only brings feelings of relief, but also leads to avoiding such tedious work :P

Also - While I understand what you say about Characters not being fully deleted when they are, in fact, deleted, World of Warcraft worked very much the same way as to what you just described, however with 1 variance.

I once deleted a Blood Elf Character with a name I liked, then made an Undead Character, sharing that same name, only to later regret my decision. I then deleted the new Undead Character, and made a ticket to have the Blood Elf with the same name restored - They wouldn't put the Blood Elf Character back onto my account until all characters listed on the realm page sharing the same name, were deleted, AND - when I was talking with the Employee, he asked WHICH CHARACTER ( since there were 2 characters with the same name in their "Deleted Pool Records" that I wanted to restore. Perhaps in W.O.W only, names of the dead / deleted, do not affect the soon to be living / existing.

If I'm lucky, Final Fantasy 14 and World of Warcraft will both possess this Technical Design.

Even if this fourm doesnt result in a solid answer - I will make a character on a random server, only to delete it right away, so I can test to see if I can name another character the same thing - this will be my safe-test

JimIronheart
23rd Aug 2013, 21:09
If during the course of playing i decide i want to change my characters name, will it be possible or will I have to start with a new character?

Roguekitty
23rd Aug 2013, 22:09
I don't believe they've announced that yet. As of right now, I don't think you can, but maybe in the future? They haven't really said anything about name changes or server changes.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 22:13
If during the course of playing i decide i want to change my characters name, will it be possible or will I have to start with a new character?

As of right now, there has been no announcements for the implementation of a Name Change service. In order to change the name, you would need to create a new character. Maybe something down the line will come up, but for the time being that's the case. Sorry D:

If you transfer your character to a server where someone already has the name in use, you will be forced to change it then however.

RisingRah
24th Aug 2013, 02:22
I just entered in the pre-order code of FFXIV: ARR on my PS3 and started the whole linking process. Then I get to a part where it says "You will also be unable to import characters created during FINAL FANTASY XIV Version 1.0, the beta test, or early access." Does this mean that any character I create now will be gone? What about the bonus pre-order stuff?

Obviously, I can't continue unless I say "Next", but I'm really worried about this. Any suggestions?

Ravittsu
24th Aug 2013, 02:27
huh thats weird that didnt come up for me.
question, did u participate in Open Beta?

RisingRah
24th Aug 2013, 02:38
No, I didn't. I just got the pre-order code from Gamestop today.

Ravittsu
24th Aug 2013, 02:40
i think thats why.. ppl who participated in OB have there chars saved on the server.
i thuink its saying since you dont have a char it wont be imported onto launch i think.
u shouldnt worry about it then

RisingRah
24th Aug 2013, 02:48
So, if I create a character for early access, I can still use it for the launch date?

Ravittsu
24th Aug 2013, 02:49
So, if I create a character for early access, I can still use it for the launch date?

yes u will be able to use the char at launch.
all is good :)

Mallust
24th Aug 2013, 02:49
I agree with Ravittsu on this one. If you don't have a character don't worry about it, just click next and think gods compared to some people your having a easy time lol.

RisingRah
24th Aug 2013, 02:51
Thank you both so much! I'm really excited to be playing soon! :)

Ravittsu
24th Aug 2013, 02:55
haha you and a million other people :P
just hope ppl who are still having issues get in EA

Mallust
24th Aug 2013, 03:07
I know if you don't get into EA cause of early access problems 3 days isn't a great lost really it don't take long to level. But yes it is very frustrating. But once Launch Day starts I believe all you will have to enter is the Game Registration Code on this site or another site. So I hope people don't give up cause they cant play for 3 days,
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_na_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA or
Europe
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_eu_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA

PoppaDoc
24th Aug 2013, 03:07
I was in OB and got the same message... it just means that u can either link EA with ur open beta or 1.0 account or make a new service account (in which case ur char info wont carry over)... but yea if u dont have either a 1.0 or beta jus "NEXT" it and continue.

GOOD LUCK^^

RisingRah
24th Aug 2013, 03:15
Thanks everyone! I've been a big FF fan for about 10 years and was bummed when 1.0 didn't go over well. I just didn't want to give myself a bad start to this because I was confused with the wording. ^^

Now to wait an hour for the update to finish.

Hilzarie
24th Aug 2013, 09:36
FFINALLY got everything downloaded, installed, and downloaded again. Stayed up all night to get back into the world... Now I am faced with "Unable to update the Group NA/EU character lists" as soon as I hit start (PS3). I have the choice to join a world, but they are all JP and Group NA/EU just stays at "obtaining the World list."
I know that there are probably a TON of people trying to join right now, but I have a character already started on Faerie, and was really looking forward to continuing with that character.
Under "world" "New Character" I have a "connection Kujata Good" but I don't want to be on Kujata, nor do I want to join a JP server and face problems later on. Should I just go to bed and wait a while for less activity and hope the servers will be able to handle me coming online, or should I start over and try out a JP server? (I am in NA)
Is this a problem that is widespread because of the huge amount of activity, or do I have a problem with my account? I didn't have any issues with the Beta.
Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

AfroMau
24th Aug 2013, 09:42
Umpf, I have the same problem too!

Hilzarie
24th Aug 2013, 09:45
Should we back out and keep trying, or stay on the loading page and wait? I know it is trying to process ridiculous amounts of requests right now, and I saw something earlier about not swamping the log-in by backing out and trying again, but the error message mentioned in that post was not the same as what I am showing. I don't want to make this last longer/cause problems for other players, but I also don't want to stick around for a few hours on a loading screen that has already told me it cannot access the information I want...

After backtracking and trying again I did not receive the error message, but I am still looking at "obtaining the World list" under NA/EU.

I specifically chose Faerie because of the low traffic it showed in Beta. These are the issues I like to avoid.

PoppaDoc
24th Aug 2013, 09:51
same issue... for some reason NA/EU servers are not up...

Hilzarie
24th Aug 2013, 09:59
I know that part of any new MMO is patience, and I also know they can't make up for lost playing time, especially when it has been as highly anticipated as this. I am hoping from a customer service standpoint that they will at least offer something in-game, once we DO get access, for those of us that were supposed to have early access. Experience multiplier, special items, something.

PoppaDoc
24th Aug 2013, 10:09
I know that part of any new MMO is patience, and I also know they can't make up for lost playing time, especially when it has been as highly anticipated as this. I am hoping from a customer service standpoint that they will at least offer something in-game, once we DO get access, for those of us that were supposed to have early access. Experience multiplier, special items, something.

something special in game would definitely be welcome after all the confusion

Razors1984
24th Aug 2013, 10:15
Same issue, can't update NA/EU severs. I can make a character on JP group servers but would rather not being as I already have characters on Moogle under the NA/EU Group. Has anyone found a solution to this problem. because customer support has been less then helpful.

PoppaDoc
24th Aug 2013, 10:23
no solution yet... im jus wondering if the servers are jus down or if this is a congestion login issue

Jay-fft
24th Aug 2013, 10:42
Same thing happened to me but i kept on logging out then back in and eventually it let me log in with my character from the beta version. Now on the shiva world and don't plan on leaving due to not getting back in:nut:

Hilzarie
24th Aug 2013, 10:47
Same thing happened to me but i kept on logging out then back in and eventually it let me log in with my character from the beta version. Now on the shiva world and don't plan on leaving due to not getting back in:nut:

I was wondering if it would be better to keep trying or to just let it be due to the congestion.... Alas now the sun is up and I should probably go to bed, but I really really wanted to at least walk around a bit :( Hopefully when I wake up this will be resolved and I will be able to log on.

PoppaDoc
24th Aug 2013, 10:53
i rebooted and now im in^^

sjhellmer
24th Aug 2013, 10:56
I've created a character and am also waiting for NA/EU servers to be obtained. I see in the right-hand corner "Connection: None". Is this to be expected from someone who has not ever played Beta/selected a world, or should I be seeing something else and perhaps action is needed on my end. I also have not seen anything as far as subscribing yet

Lexaari
24th Aug 2013, 12:02
Same issue, didn't bother to wake my boyfriend up because he went to sleep just so he could get to play faster. Wow, so this is what "early access" means. I should have just gone to sleep too but I wanted a sliver of a chance to get a little play in before work. Now its time to make breakfast, yaaay.

Killerious
24th Aug 2013, 15:08
I was disconnected from the server and now when I log in back it says "Unable to update the Group NA/EA character list. I can't see my characters and it shows me the World KUjata instead of Odin which I am a member of. What happen?!?!?!

KatyaBlue
24th Aug 2013, 15:14
i'm also having this problem. i hope they reroll the servers :(

Bob83938
24th Aug 2013, 15:14
The US/EU servers are down form 8:00-1100 PST. New link on the launcher about maintenance.

Kiritos
24th Aug 2013, 15:15
happened to me at 11:11 AM EST

k3nd71ck
24th Aug 2013, 15:36
All it ever seems to be is errors and service maintinance. Wondering when i'll get to play fhis f***ing game un interupted.

genmaruakiha
24th Aug 2013, 16:03
All it ever seems to be is errors and service maintinance. Wondering when i'll get to play fhis f***ing game un interupted.

point of open beta and beta is to fix bugs. point of early access is just the same as open beta. but at least they took it down right away when they found out something was wrong with the duty finder which you need for leveling passed 20, it's what you pay for.

Killerious
24th Aug 2013, 16:08
Good break, Meanwhile I took my time too learn more about mining and crafting.. new to all this :scratch:
]

AngelPhoenix77
24th Aug 2013, 16:09
looks like it was not just me. I made my character at launch but had to log due to no sleep; wake up and no character

Killerious
24th Aug 2013, 16:11
It will be fixed. We'll need to wait about two hours than back to out alternative world :lmao:

booyoh
24th Aug 2013, 16:15
I have the same issue here. I cannot log in either. My internet connection unfortunately just dropped and now that is back up I cannot access any of the NA/EU servers. I am only able to create a new character in the JP servers.

genmaruakiha
24th Aug 2013, 16:17
I have the same issue here. I cannot log in either. My internet connection unfortunately just dropped and now that is back up I cannot access any of the NA/EU servers. I am only able to create a new character in the JP servers.

the servers are down for maint, just wait a bit before making or looking for your character.

booyoh
24th Aug 2013, 16:18
BTW my brother claims that he is currently playing. He plays on PS3 and I am on PC not sure if that's a major difference.

Killerious
24th Aug 2013, 16:20
More info about the issue:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/001f73286a58f7ebbba5675b449895f11867c9d4

Killerious
24th Aug 2013, 16:53
I have to add that this is my first MMORPG game, and I am having a blast. Coming from fps games, I love this game, has so much depth to it. Hoping to meet new friends and play together.. lonely right now :[ (playing in ODIN server)

Blair1955
24th Aug 2013, 20:48
can I reverse the Y axis in FF14 on a PS3??

thanks

Hilzarie
24th Aug 2013, 21:03
You can. I don't have it open in front of me so I don't remember exactly the steps I took... I think you have to be in-game, press start, open the Character Settings screen, and then there is an option for inversion on the camera angle. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but at least you know it can be done.

Unzensierte
25th Aug 2013, 01:43
Seems if you create 8 characters and delete them you are no longer allowed to play the game. I created characters to see the classes to find which one I wanted to start as. Now I have 0 characters and it says I am not able to create anymore characters.

"Your current service account does not allow for the creation of anymore characters on this world." Error 3035.

I don't have any characters on any worlds...

MrVevic
25th Aug 2013, 04:36
In regards to the extremely high populated servers, I think character migration from high-pop to low/mid-pop would maybe help.

I know I would do it in a heart-beat. I wanted to play on Gilgamesh with my cousins and friends, but only one friend and I have managed to get on.

I've already put a good amount of time into my character, so it would suck if I had to completely restart.

Then again, it seems like SE has its hands full with enough problems, and they probably don't have time for this kind of stuff right now...

Just a suggestion, though.

Hilzarie
25th Aug 2013, 07:09
I think I read somewhere that there would be a fee for character migration. However, they are doing maintenance right now to beef up the servers so more people will be able to join the existing servers, so your friends and cousins should be able to meet up with you when they come back up in three hours.

KratosMafia
25th Aug 2013, 17:39
I don't know where to report bugs so I thought I would do it here.

So when creating a character you can choose "Name Day" and on "Third Umbral Moon"

the numbers in parentheses is wrong. Starting at 6/7 it goes wrong. 6/8 is 6/7 and everything after that is all wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/fhimtQj.jpg?1 (http://imgur.com/fhimtQj)

Rancyz
25th Aug 2013, 17:55
Did this just happen recently? I don't remember 32 days when I first created my character >_> . And maybe the First Umbral should have 28days haha.

bulldog2712
25th Aug 2013, 18:17
little error found in game :lmao:

the full game is a error
4 hr and still cant retrieve character list

amarantine4
25th Aug 2013, 21:57
Hi, I have early access to the game, but I have a question. I want to play with my boyfriend, but he will play next month , so I just wanted to try other chars. My plan was to create one, and then erase it and create the one that will play with my boyfriend, and see wich world we will play (because other friends maybe will play too ) , so ... If I do that, my items that I got from the pre order (the Cait Sith Doll Minion and Mog Cap ) , would I be able to get them in the other new char that I create if I don't take them out of the moogle mail? Or at least they can be trade if I stay in the same world?

I hope anyone can be tell me anything, thanks and have a nice day!

shemsureshot
25th Aug 2013, 22:14
I'm pretty sure every character you make will automatically get the pre-order bonus items. The same will apply if you redeem the bonus content from the collector edition. That's how it is on all the other mmo's I have played so doubt this will be different.

So what i'm saying the bonus content is account bound and not bound to just one character.

amarantine4
25th Aug 2013, 22:36
I'm pretty sure every character you make will automatically get the pre-order bonus items. The same will apply if you redeem the bonus content from the collector edition. That's how it is on all the other mmo's I have played so doubt this will be different.

So what i'm saying the bonus content is account bound and not bound to just one character.

Mmmm I hope you are right, that would be great .

I still would apreciate if anyone else could say something, if they know :)

Alcoholicrage
26th Aug 2013, 06:00
OK,

After waiting for 8 hours for Gilgamesh to become unlocked one thing I want to know is will there be FREE character transfers when these issues are resolved? 8 hours I'd be at least level 15 by now instead of watching a bunch of porn while waiting for Gilgamesh to open so I can play with my IRL friends.

OK and all laughter aside now I have been trying to create a temporary toon on another server to begin enjoying this game I have waited a long time for yet I keep getting a 3035 error saying I cannot create anymore toons. I have none yet so I fail to see how I have too many.

Reading through the forums I see Square Enix is not responding to anything so Helpful information would be appreciated

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:06
No, there will be a fee to transfer characters.

Character transfers won't be available until further notice for us normal players.
For those who had FF XIV 1.0 they will get transfers for a fee 2-3 weeks after launch.

Alcoholicrage
26th Aug 2013, 06:09
So in order to use my early access I have to make a character on a different server from my friends because they didn't anticipate this many people wanting to join. Then charge me to transfer later when they fix the problems so I can finally be happy playing with them?

Sounds a lot like Blizzard Entertainment.......

What about the 3035 problem so I can actually do more than see my toon sit there waiting for a realm to open up

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:10
If I could tell you more I would. Just understand I am in the same boat as you. It's no big deal really.

Alcoholicrage
26th Aug 2013, 06:15
no it's really not, I just have to be up all night tonight anyways and though it would be great to start playing while my wife and daughter were asleep :) As you get older MMO time is harder to find lol

I'm even willing to scrap my first character in a few days and make a new one where my friends are. But I can't make any toons right now.

I LOVED FFXI and have been dying for this to be released. WoW is ****, has been for a while. So my patience will last for a few weeks. Just wish I was on right now though

TheRealKraggy
26th Aug 2013, 19:19
Come on this is absurd, right now there is not ONE EU server where you can create a new character, not even on a LEGACY sever where you already have characters.

:mad:

Jackdogz
26th Aug 2013, 19:22
it's kinda a problem, it's an mmo, i suppose to play with some friends and i cannot

juliebravo
26th Aug 2013, 19:24
same for US servers maybe. I got in and got the code 3035. This account does not allow to create anymore characters on this server (not in those words exactly but close.) But tried again and now i have the loading wheel in the bottom right corner loading away for about 20+ min now. This is my first character created. I finally got through all the problems people are going through. I just waited for the email and continued my day. Might do the same for this situation.

TheRealKraggy
26th Aug 2013, 19:25
I 'get' that servers are heavily loaded and SE have failed to deploy hardware and software capable of surviving the load, but if you already have characters on one you should be allowed to create another on the same account .. after all you can't play them both at once so server load isn't affected in the slightest!

I just refreshed the list, 10 NA servers are open, the others and all EU ones are locked.

ffvii_cid
26th Aug 2013, 19:33
EU does not have enough servers!!! Only 6 for EU but US and JAP have like 20 each! It's impossible to join in a EU server!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Laaperi
26th Aug 2013, 19:35
Its so frustrating why do we only have 6 servers its so stupid!! ALL EU SERVERS ARE FULL CANT THEY SEE IT? DONT THEY CARE?

juliebravo
26th Aug 2013, 19:47
Look at the big picture. Games at launch that created servers also suffered the downfall of the rush after a month or so. TerA and SWTOR for example. Created more servers, server population declined, people complained for low pop servers. People left game, now those games have low pop/empty servers. So if they (Square Enix) stays with current infrastructure, it will force players to move/ create onto other servers. Money is saved, but they have to deal with the customer base that is complaining that they cannot play with friends. Just looking at it from a possible PoV. The people who complain about this is a minority so it may not affect the bottom dollar for SE. Just a thought

Abelkoran
26th Aug 2013, 19:48
I don't know if they care or not. The sure thing is they're handling this in the worst way they can. No communication on a game that already failed on its first release. I'm not fortune teller, but I can say without taking too much risk that if this goes on, this game will fail again, and this time there will be no coming back.

Allowing no server queue is maybe, IMO, the most idiotic thing they could have done. Because what it means is simple. If you can log in in the middle of the afternoon and stay that way, forever, good for you. If you can't, because let's say, you have to go to work, to school, attend to your children, don't bother trying, you won't log in. Ever.

That's what happened for my early release and for many others as I could see on those forums. Well early release. Not really, I played for about 1 hour in the 3 days we were supposed to have. So let's say it was a "I read a lot of forum threads" release.

It frustrating, and it's plain idiotic, either you nlook at it from our view, or theirs. They're just digging their own grave. A deep grave.

Mirybeth
26th Aug 2013, 19:52
it's kinda a problem, it's an mmo, i suppose to play with some friends and i cannot

Same, Jack. I've got a family of six members on Behemoth server who invited me to play with them and NOW you're telling me that that server is LOCKED? It would be OK if it wasnt locked and that'd Id have to keep trying but LOCKED?

Square looking to make money on server transfers already??????

Summertime
26th Aug 2013, 20:13
It is the same with the NA servers and you are even lucky if you can log onto a server that you have made a character already on. The servers are full because they are limiting how many people can be logged on at a time. But yet there is not automatic AFK disconnect so people are just staying connected while sleeping, at work, or at school. This ensures that they are allowed to play while those of us that log off never get back on. Hopefully they will realize that there needs to be a time out when a person is AFK so that more people can play.

GoldX18
26th Aug 2013, 20:48
Yep, I can't even get to play on my N/A Server Diablos today, because its full.
I am on annual leave from work today too, which is a big disappointment for me.

Crunchyblack21
26th Aug 2013, 21:09
Oh im sure they will sort it all out by launch (tomorrow) and everything will be dandy..

LOL

Yeah I know they pushed back EA to the 29th but all major 3rd party retailers are shipping and sending codes tomorrow.

Make sure you bring popcorn tomorrow...theres going to be a lot of angry people here.

Only saving grace would be a doubling of servers perhaps...even then EU...man what were they thinking with so few servers....

TheRealKraggy
26th Aug 2013, 21:22
Look at the big picture
The big picture is SE failed abysmally with 1.0 and spent the last three years trying to recover. They now re-launch and have massive problems handling the load .. they'll not get a third chance.

I know all MMO launches have problems but given the history here SE HAD to make sure this was smooth, or else their attempted comeback is dead in the water and this is one of the worst I've experienced: LOTRO, Rift, GW2. Those all had problems to some extent but this game is IMO the worst, due to the huge number of hours it's been down and the even more where a large number (the majority?) of those who have paid to play can't.

I fear that there are so many people now disaffected with this sorry state of affairs, and the horrible PR that goes with it, mean V2 will die like V1, sadly because it's a far, far better game than V1 but this dreadful re-launch is going to kill it off I fear.

It really bugs me how the JP system is largely unaffected, only the few servers locked out days ago remain so and SE have a policy on that (no idea what).

Why is it only the NA/EU server farm is hit?

BabyPanda
27th Aug 2013, 02:19
I'm stuck in Character Creation.
I made all modifications to my character, picked server and picked name.
Now it has been clocking for about 47 minutes.
Why?

Lister82
27th Aug 2013, 18:28
I might very well be totally misunderstanding this, but is there a reason to even have a second toon if you can level every class on a single character?

This prospect has really put me off the game as I enjoy having two characters who look different, but there really isn't any point in bothering if the above is true.

Jenksin
27th Aug 2013, 18:30
I might very well be totally misunderstanding this, but is there a reason to even have a second toon if you can level every class on a single character?

This prospect has really put me off the game as I enjoy having two characters who look different, but there really isn't any point in bothering if the above is true.

It's theoretically possible to max all jobs on one character, but good luck finding the quests to do so.

RyushiiCross
27th Aug 2013, 19:00
To play with different friend son different servers? baes service only allows for 1 char per world and 8 chars max.

Gomly1980
27th Aug 2013, 19:04
Yeah, characters on multiple servers so you might actually get to play.

Inlove
27th Aug 2013, 22:27
i stacked up with snacks and soda to have a bro night with my bro today but PLZ let me create a character on any EU server, ive been refreshing the character creation screen all night but the servers have been full all time. and what would be the odds that the server my bro is playing at suddenly would be aviable to create a character on... lift the restrictions already GOSH napoleon

i whined.

GoldX18
27th Aug 2013, 23:08
It supposedly happens naturally, usually when a player ALT-TABS or minimize out of the game, you'r greeted with 'Windows has encountered an error' and closes the application lol. It is random though, its only happened to me three times.

Shuasage
27th Aug 2013, 23:22
The title says it all. Anyone else having this issue? Will I be able to move my character off the JP server?

Wade12
27th Aug 2013, 23:24
I think if enough of us just buttrape the JP servers and leave characters AFK they'll have to fix the problems :D

Nogginbasher78
27th Aug 2013, 23:32
I think if enough of us just buttrape the JP servers and leave characters AFK they'll have to fix the problems :D

All that would come out of that is a massive brainfart, the likes of which we've never seen or heard, and a total system collapse, where they try to cover it up by telling us that it was mt fuji that just erupted. Mhm... :nut:

GoldX18
27th Aug 2013, 23:38
Mt fuji always erupts doesn't it? they should be used to it by now

Nogginbasher78
27th Aug 2013, 23:53
I'm in the same situation. Finished off work early, ran down and picked up my pre-order, went to the store and bought a big bag of snacks and drinks to be enjoyed whilst playing the game...

I know bad things can happen during launch but it's bloody 2013, not 2004 when mmorpgs were still something "new" and most developers hadn't had time to learn from other developers' mistakes from launch day and such. These days developers should look back and learn from others mistakes and build upon it to prevent these bad things from happening during their own launch.. Pretty much common sense, least for us normal people...

Unzensierte
28th Aug 2013, 06:07
Been waiting since early access to play the game... Got into a server to get booted and my character was gone. Now all NA servers are not accepting new characters so now I can't play what I am paying for. Seriously whoever is making the decision to lock character creation needs to shoot himself.

Slecrety
28th Aug 2013, 08:28
It's theoretically possible to max all jobs on one character, but good luck finding the quests to do so.

Levequests and guildhest are your friends :)

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 08:34
Also playing as a different race will have slightly different benefits to certain job roles because of the starting stats, for example my Mi'qote Keeper of the Moon is the best base for the conjurer class. Yes the difference is minimal but to some those few points on INT or MND can make the difference.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 08:35
Alts provide a way to see the alternative main story arcs which start in each city .. V1 provide no way to do this on one character as AFAIK V2 doesn't either.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 08:36
Yes the difference is minimal but to some those few points on INT or MND can make the difference.
Yup, some people actually think 0.1% makes a difference at the point in the game where racial differences would matter.

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 08:46
Yup, some people actually think 0.1% makes a difference at the point in the game where racial differences would matter.

I didn't choose my race based on what class I wanted to be however, I just thought he looked cool lol.
It just turned out I'm going for the White Mage (started as Thaumaturge) because me and the wife were tired of waiting to get into dungeons and having me as a conjurer gets us in virtually straight away every time now.

I did the Ifrit quest last night for first time and as soon as I entered the area I got bombarded with party invites because everyone there was waiting for a healer lol

Slecrety
28th Aug 2013, 08:49
I didn't choose my race based on what class I wanted to be however, I just thought he looked cool lol.
It just turned out I'm going for the White Mage (started as Thaumaturge) because me and the wife were tired of waiting to get into dungeons and having me as a conjurer gets us in virtually straight away every time now.

I did the Ifrit quest last night for first time and as soon as I entered the area I got bombarded with party invites because everyone there was waiting for a healer lol

I know the feeling, also the unicorn is pretty cool :D haha.

Gomly1980
28th Aug 2013, 08:52

My wife is after that unicorn.

She's the only person I know that picks her class based on something pretty she wants.

Not "is the damage decent" or "how well does it play" oh no .... it was a "oooh, they get a unicorn ..... i'm playing that".

PoppaDoc
28th Aug 2013, 08:56

there is suppose to be a "mirror" or "barber shop" feature in the 2.1 patch that will allow players to change their character image. Im not sure if it will allow you to change just facial features or the entire toon, but if they follow thru, you should be able to at least get a different look;)

Slecrety
28th Aug 2013, 08:58
My wife is after that unicorn.

She's the only person I know that picks her class based on something pretty she wants.

Not "is the damage decent" or "how well does it play" oh no .... it was a "oooh, they get a unicorn ..... i'm playing that".

hahaha, mine is kinda the same, I think it's natural :P

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 08:58
Wait what?! I get the unicorn being a Conjurer? Who, what, where, why, when?! :D

Slecrety
28th Aug 2013, 09:01
Wait what?! I get the unicorn being a Conjurer? Who, what, where, why, when?! :D

I found the quest after transforming myself in WHM, but I believe you get it before ^^, just check conjurer's guild, there's a guy that gives you a quest called: The power of the unicorn or smth like that haha:D

Btw you gotta be on CNJ role to accept the quest.

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 09:09
I found the quest after transforming myself in WHM, but I believe you get it before ^^, just check conjurer's guild, there's a guy that gives you a quest called: The power of the unicorn or smth like that haha:D

Btw you gotta be on CNJ role to accept the quest.
Awesome! thanks! I'm currently a level 23 CNJ so not too long to go for the WHM. My wife is away now until Saturday, can't wait to see her face when she gets home and sees me strutting around on that thing, she'll be well jealous!! hahahahaha

PoppaDoc
28th Aug 2013, 09:16

Yea i feel very manly and empowered prancing around on my unicorn lol

Slecrety
28th Aug 2013, 09:35
Awesome! thanks! I'm currently a level 23 CNJ so not too long to go for the WHM. My wife is away now until Saturday, can't wait to see her face when she gets home and sees me strutting around on that thing, she'll be well jealous!! hahahahaha

hahaha, sure she will! :)

Yea i feel very manly and empowered prancing around on my unicorn lol

So I do! hahaha, well I'm a lalafell so kinda of :P

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 09:45
My wife went for the Lalafell on the basis they looked the 'cutest' lol. Add to this she's also called herself Princess Fluffybutt ;)

PoppaDoc
28th Aug 2013, 09:46
So I do! hahaha, well I'm a lalafell so kinda of :P

Well, I guess you Lalafells need all the help you can get... Got to make up for your short comings. lol:rasp:

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 09:46
SIze doesn't matter. ;)

PoppaDoc
28th Aug 2013, 09:49
My wife went for the Lalafell on the basis they looked the 'cutest' lol. Add to this she's also called herself Princess Fluffybutt ;)

Considering their butts are half the size of their bodies, that is a very fitting name. lol

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 09:50
SIze doesn't matter. ;)

It's not the length of your Mi'Qotes tail that matters either, it's what they wag it at ;)

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 09:51
Considering their butts are half the size of their bodies, that is a very fitting name. lol

And is also her favourite bit of Borderlands 2 :D

PoppaDoc
28th Aug 2013, 09:57
It's not the length of your Mi'Qotes tail that matters either, it's what they wag it at ;)

LMAO!! Too funny!

Slecrety
28th Aug 2013, 10:20
hahaha guys, I think that's the best I read today.

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 10:25
This is what these forums should be about and all the technical issues etc should be directed to the Lodestone forums so the Devs 'may' actually see it.

I don't mind helping out with technical queries but there are constantly new posts about stuff that has already been posted, does no-one know how to use the search function? lol.

Anywho, back to bragging about the length (and girth!) of my Mi'Qotes tail :D

graewins
28th Aug 2013, 10:30
why can't i go into cerebus with my second character?

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 10:31
why can't i go into cerebus with my second character?

Because the standard subscription only allows 1 character per server (up to 8 servers). The advanced sub allows multiple characters on the same server.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 10:31
Not knowing what error or other response you're getting when you try it's kind of hard to divine a reason.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 10:32
Because the standard subscription only allows 1 character per server (up to 8 servers). The advanced sub allows multiple characters on the same server.
Since his post is content-free it's impossible to know, but his words imply he managed to create one .. how would that be possible given the restriction you correctly mention.

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 10:33
My reply was just assuming they were trying to use a 2nd character on the same server as their 1st.
If that's not the case it could just be the new character creation restrictions that are currently in place.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 10:43
Okay, is "go into" made me think he'd created one but couldn't log in, seeing the subject mentioned creation I now realise he's gone through the creation process and only right at the end has found he's not being allowed to create it on the server in the first place.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 10:53
Explain this to me ...

You like having two character, me too, so much so I have two accounts so I can play them together sometimes. The fact you CAN max everything on one character doesn't means you HAVE TO, so why do you then say you're put off the game because of an OPTION you don't have to make use of?

In my case, one character becomes my gatherer while the other is the crafter. Yes, one alone could do it, but in FFXI I had two Tarutaru and they became Lalafel in XIV, I play the game how I want to (as far as it lets me), the fact there are other paths I could take that are less appealing doesn't make me pause for a second enjoying it the way I am.

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 12:30
This is what these forums should be about and all the technical issues etc should be directed to the Lodestone forums so the Devs 'may' actually see it.

I don't mind helping out with technical queries but there are constantly new posts about stuff that has already been posted, does no-one know how to use the search function? lol.

eeeyup.

And search function? What's that? I definitely do not know what that is even though there is a huge search box at the top right of the page with a magnifying glass button that looks like a search function, therefore I will ask the same question that already exists in many other threads :lol: ... =_=

Hippy_Pickle does well in helping others on this forum!

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 12:36
Hippy_Pickle does well in helping others on this forum!
I wonder if he's Branston's brother.

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 12:42
I wonder if he's Branston's brother.

I was going to say who the hell is Branston? Then my tiny mind clicked :D
There are many Pickles on the PS3, all related (but not inbred lol)

I used to mod for a gaming website so like helping out but sometimes it's just a case of stating YU NO HELP SELF! (insert YU face here lol)