PDA

View Full Version : Eidos: GCN fans want Hitman: Contracts!

GCNSupport
17th Dec 2003, 00:28
Heed my message - port Hitman: Contracts to the Nintendo GameCube platform. If not at the same time as the other versions, then sometime later, but please not 10 months. What is your reasoning for abandoning the GameCube after putting Hitman 2: Silent Assassin out on the platform? Did it not sell as well as you wanted (although, it WAS released 10 months late)? Why waste the effort if you won't bring the next installment as well? Please, Eidos, talk to IO Interactive.

If your slogan, "Commited to Games" is correct, you'd be committed to bringing the amazing Hitman series back to the GameCube. Please consider it.

Signed,
Many disappointed GCN Hitman fans

Anyone know an email address for Eidos?

Beagle Boy
17th Dec 2003, 18:31
3D Realms said this about Max Payne.

we wanted Max Payne there (Game Cube) (Max has lower requirements than Max did), and couldn't make it work.

Maybe they could not make hitman 3 work on the GC.

GCNSupport
17th Dec 2003, 20:25
That would be like Eidos (or IO Interactive) insulting themselves, saying they aren't good enough to make it work, and still make it work well.

Tarantula
17th Dec 2003, 21:14
The best games will be for PC, it has the best user interface and is the most customisable. While consoles are great, they don't have many buttons, have clumsy controls, and bad resolution... but they are cheaper than a full blown gaming computer.

Perhaps they want to make hitman 3 the best they possibly can, and not downgrade it at all just so a console can play it.

GCNSupport
18th Dec 2003, 21:04
Originally posted by Tarantula
Perhaps they want to make hitman 3 the best they possibly can, and not downgrade it at all just so a console can play it.

Then they wouldn't be releasing it for PS2. It's entirely possible for the GCN to do everything the PS2 can, and more.

Beagle Boy
18th Dec 2003, 21:56
Maybe a box is responsible for this. :D ( no offense to whoever it offends ).

I dont think IO has said what all platforms hitman 3 will be released.

Tarantula
18th Dec 2003, 22:57
Originally posted by GCNSupport
Then they wouldn't be releasing it for PS2. It's entirely possible for the GCN to do everything the PS2 can, and more.

Maybe they dislike the gamecube's controller. Perhaps it isn't cost-effective to make it also compatible with gamecube, ps2, and PC. Maybe they are having legal issues with it.

josele
20th Dec 2003, 21:54
i also want this game to be on the Game cube since i dont own any other console, and what was Eidos expecting to sell for a port that was realesed 10 months after??!?!?!