PDA

View Full Version : 15 days to go!

iambasho777
18th Jun 2012, 18:40
Or actually 14.6 days for me, what with the local GameStop opening at 8AM. I preordered mine a month ago for the jumbo stylus since the 3DS ones are too small. Who else has preordered this game or plans on getting it on release day, and what are you looking forward to most about it? I am really looking forward to all of the great music, the four-player mode, and the event songs.

Summoner
19th Jun 2012, 21:09
I'm looking forward to it and plan on getting it on release as well. But 4-player mode? I think you mean battle mode lol.

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 21:42
Look up Youtube videos of Chaos Tower, there's an up to four-player multiplayer mode there and I THINK (not sure on this) that it can be used in both battle and event songs there. 13.5 days until I FINALLY get a game that's new to me this summer! I think that's why I'm so hyped, all of my game purchases recently have been on games I've played either their originals (FFIV:CC I've played FFIV and AY, Chrono Trigger which I should get in the mail tomorrow I've beaten the SNES version in every way possible) or the game itself before and sold it (FFIIIDS, FFXIII).

Plus, I love all XIII main soundtracks. If I had the money I would buy them all. As it is, half the time I'm at work I'm youtubing FF music playlists

BTW, Summoner... lol at the modded sig of yours. You notice it yet?

EDIT: I'm actually looking right now for chaos tower youtube vids and I can't find any, but I found one or two the other day so I know they exist

member_10085059
19th Jun 2012, 23:25
I'm getting it release day! First thing when they open, so I have time to play it before work! I can't wait to relive all of the beautiful songs.

Grimoire
20th Jun 2012, 01:49
"Behind the Scenes of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy"

www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/19/behind-t... (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/19/behind-the-scenes-of-theatrhythm-final-fantasy)

Summoner
20th Jun 2012, 06:47
Sorry yeah, it just took me a while to actually replace it. Thanks for telling me though. And that's actually pretty nice, I just really hope it is more of a multiplayer in some aspects.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 11:04
Hey girly, haven't seen you for a bit! Summoner, I actually like the new one better than the old, I think it's much cooler.

Back on topic, thanks for posting the link grim! Less than 13 days to go (for me here in the Central time zone at least). I have a question, though. During the event songs, does anyone know if we have to move the stylus in circles and those weird patterns? I watched the waltz for the moon event song (FFVIII) and the stylus command is going all over the place. Do we have to be going all over the touchscreen, or would hitting the notes all in one corner of the touchscreen have the same effect?

Summoner
20th Jun 2012, 18:57
I saw some videos and you just have to touch the screen when it requires you to tap, slash, or drag and release. It's not like Elite Beat Agents for that aspect though it kinda would've been nice if they had the action tabs on the bottom screen lol. The only event I know that you have to move your stylus up and down is during the Field event.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 19:04
Okay, whew. Just that one event song would have me hurling my 3DS in frustration from trying to get it right haha. Does anyone here know if we'll get a demo this week or next? I would love one, and probably play out all of the uses on it lol

Summoner
20th Jun 2012, 20:37
Heh. I don't think we will be getting a demo, maybe after it's released there will be one possibly but I wouldn't count on there being one, especially since it will be coming out July 3rd.

member_10085059
20th Jun 2012, 21:52
Aww! I'm touched you noticed my absence! XD

But yes, I don't really see a demo coming, but I'm hoping for one anyways... just a little taste.... please??

Summoner
20th Jun 2012, 22:30
Yeah I was kinda hoping for one too. ^^

iambasho777
21st Jun 2012, 00:18
Well most of the 3DS demos have been put up about a week before the game's release, so if we were to get one I would expect it to be up on tomorrow/Fridays update to the EShop. If nobody's heard anything, though, it's unlikely :(

Summoner
21st Jun 2012, 06:45
They could always surprise us tho. ^^

Squall-Nathan
21st Jun 2012, 08:52
For reference, Dissidia 012 had a demo released one week before the the game came out so it's possible.

Summoner
21st Jun 2012, 19:42
I didn't know Dissidia o12 had a demo, but I really dont like using the PSN on the PSP lol

iambasho777
21st Jun 2012, 19:58
Duodecim had a paid demo (Dissidia 012 Duodecim Prologus) for $2. If you got it you got aerith as an assist as well as bonuses depending on how much of it you played

Summoner
21st Jun 2012, 21:06
Oh I see.

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 03:30
Well, a TFF demo is pretty much confirmed to be not happening as the KHDDD demo went up a couple hours ago and that comes out 28 days later. 11.2 days until I redeem my preorder for Theatrhythm though!

tiaeltaru
22nd Jun 2012, 07:30
Well, a TFF demo is pretty much confirmed to be not happening as the KHDDD demo went up a couple hours ago and that comes out 28 days later. 11.2 days until I redeem my preorder for Theatrhythm though!

EU has a Theatrhythm demo up.

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 12:19
I was talking about NA since this is the NA members site and all :P. I really wish we had a demo here. Is the EU demo the same as the Japan one? (Two songs, XIII battle and VIII event)

Squall-Nathan
22nd Jun 2012, 13:41
I'm so disappointed that we didn't get the demo. It's less than 2 weeks until release but the demo could have held me over until then.

Summoner
22nd Jun 2012, 16:15
Same here Squall-Nathan. XD

Squall-Nathan
22nd Jun 2012, 21:48
Guess it's back to watching gameplay and listening to FF music until then. Lol

member_10085059
22nd Jun 2012, 23:25
booooo. I had a feeling it wasn't going to happen, and yet I'm disappointed now anyways.

Summoner
23rd Jun 2012, 01:10
That's funny that's what I've been doing since I've heard about Theatrhythm. lol

Squall-Nathan
23rd Jun 2012, 09:42
That's funny that's what I've been doing since I've heard about Theatrhythm. lol

Yeah. I even set out to play FF6 to familarize myself with the plot and music. Just so that Theatrhythm would be that much more nostalgic. The only FF's I haven't played are IV, V, and XI. Atleast Dissidia introduced me to the main characters of them though.

Summoner
23rd Jun 2012, 10:03
Yeah I'm in the same boat, I own I, II, III, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIV. I'm planning on buying FFVI off of the PSN, I remember playing it when it was on the Super Nintendo, I kinda miss it.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 13:20
If you have a DS or GBA still I would recommend the GBA version to the PS1 version, it's a much better translation

Summoner
23rd Jun 2012, 22:32
I gave up my DS for a 3DS. lol, I'm fine with the PSN one.

Squall-Nathan
24th Jun 2012, 15:24
Already bought V and VI off the Psn. Way easier to get than the GBA versions. I also have a 3ds as well but still own my GBA SP.

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 18:08
My GBA was stolen a couple years back :/ like RIGHT after I had sold my DS too. It sucked.

If I may return to the topic, we are somewhere inbetween 9 and 10 days until the release of TFF, and I just noticed something earlier today. I was perusing the GameFAQs forum for TFF and came across the E3 trailer, and freaked in an almost good but OMFG I'm scared now way. More specifically, at this part of the E3 trailer. www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_det... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iHqIsFHFGrQ#t=163s)

...Battle on the Big Bridge. What kind of sadistic programmer would give us Battle on the Big Bridge?!?!?!? That is definately going to murder me when I try it on the hardest difficulty. Don't get me wrong, it's my absolute favorite FF song I have heard, and back when I was decent I could play almost the whole thing (always skipped the insane 30 notes a second intro, that was waaaaay beyond my skill level) on piano quite well. (Looking back at my sheet music, I realise that it says the song is called Clash on the Big Bridge, woulda sworn it was battle, though...) However, that was with ten fingers. This is with one... /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Silvercube
24th Jun 2012, 19:35
Aww sorry your GBA was stolen :(

Mine too but I bought another one lol. I don't really play on it anymore though!

When I saw that trailer for the first time, I cried. FF nostalgia, very emotional!!

I pre-ordered the game awhile ago on Amazon.com -- looking forward to the release. :D

Summoner
24th Jun 2012, 21:08
Hehe, I've been watching that trailer since it first showed up as the Japanese trailer.

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 21:29
I've been avoiding news for this game because I want most of the songs to be a surprise for me. That surprise, though... I'm still not sure if it's good or bad. I broke out my sheet music earlier and... let's just say I was a much better pianist three years ago hahaha. I will ask though, do you guys know if FFXIII's title screen theme ("The Promise", I believe?) is in this game? I printed the music for that and I can actually play everything except for the freaky chording and duet 16th notes in the last few measures, and that wouldn't be any problem in a rhythm game so it shouldn't be as rage-inducing as Battle on the Big Bridge and it's a very... I guess pretty is the best word for it... song.

Silvercube
24th Jun 2012, 22:38
I will ask though, do you guys know if FFXIII's title screen theme ("The Promise", I believe?) is in this game?

I wish I could play the FF songs on the piano. Yep, that song is in the game. According to the things I've read :)

Summoner
25th Jun 2012, 00:10
I kinda perfer a different instrument, but it takes alot of practice to be good at it.

tiaeltaru
25th Jun 2012, 10:18
Finally remembered to pre-order it Saturday, can't wait for the game and my stylus/stickers.

Also, they are adding The Extreme from FFVIII, The Final Battle from FFIX, The Battle for Freedom from FFXII and Gustaberg from FFXI as DLC for Japan soon.

Summoner
25th Jun 2012, 11:13
I'll be happy if US gets all the DLC that Japan is getting, I don't think it would be a problem, it's just music so they shouldn't have a problem with sending it our way.

Squall-Nathan
25th Jun 2012, 11:19
Finally remembered to pre-order it Saturday, can't wait for the game and my stylus/stickers.

Also, they are adding The Extreme from FFVIII, The Final Battle from FFIX, The Battle for Freedom from FFXII and Gustaberg from FFXI as DLC for Japan soon.

I know. I'm so glad The Extreme is finally getting in. One of my favorite FF songs ever.

Grimoire
26th Jun 2012, 07:02
"Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy DLC Songs Are Final Battle Flashbacks"

www.siliconera.com/2012/06/24/theatrhyth... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/24/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-dlc-songs-are-final-battle-flashbacks/)

iambasho777
26th Jun 2012, 15:01
I just came across this on the GameFAQs message board for Theatrhythm.

5orans posted...

It's very addicting to me. I've played the Japanese version and still play it regularly

And now that I've got a copy of the localized version, I'm playing both xD
(How ? let's just say I got pretty lucky to get a free copy from SE before release date)

This is the kind of game that I can play regularly without ever getting bored~ (FF music never bores me)

As for the cutscenes, if you're talking about the Event stages' ones, and those for FF1~6, then yes, they're 2D.

Didn't feel like making a new topic for it, and it makes some sense to be here. Is this person lieing, or did SE give away some localized copies of TFF early? I really hate waiting for games, and I'd be mad at myself if I missed out on an opportunity to not be waiting.

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 17:44
That person probably knows somebody to get a free copy. But it's not legal to have a game that's not even out yet, unless you made the game yourself. Maybe he works with the company?

He could also be pulling chains (aka lying)

iambasho777
26th Jun 2012, 18:38
I was just making sure there wasn't some sort of givaway I missed out on, if not then s'all good (for me at least lol)

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 19:30
Haha, yeah I'm excited for Theatrhythm to come out, I've been sleeping alot so that it comes sooner lol.

iambasho777
26th Jun 2012, 19:37
The wait isn't so bad on the days that I work, but the days like today where I have almost nothing to do it's painful....

I apologize for the following statement being in all caps: THE ESHOP IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING MAINTAINANCE!!! Usually they don't update it until Thursday or Friday, but since they're working on it today they might go ahead and update it, hopefully with a Theatrhythm demo! I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm in a hopeful mood today

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 20:10
That's cool, I'm hoping for the same then.

iambasho777
26th Jun 2012, 20:48
My hopes have been dashed, no new content other than a system update was added from what I can tell, and nothing about TFF :(

Summoner
26th Jun 2012, 22:30
Aww at least we have less than a week until Theatrhythm releases. :D

tiaeltaru
27th Jun 2012, 11:37
Demo tomorrow?
Maybe?

One can hope.

Though I wonder, about the release, July 3rd, is that going to be shipping date or store date?
A lot of places list it and don't get it until the day after, which unfortunately is a holiday in NA and Gamestop won't be open. (I think)

So what I'm asking is, will Gamestop have it on July 3rd?

Squall-Nathan
27th Jun 2012, 11:37
We still have tomorrow's E-Shop update. Crosses fingers.

Summoner
27th Jun 2012, 17:59
3rd is the day it's available for purchase at retail.

iambasho777
27th Jun 2012, 18:00
Demo tomorrow?
Maybe?

One can hope.

Though I wonder, about the release, July 3rd, is that going to be shipping date or store date?
A lot of places list it and don't get it until the day after, which unfortunately is a holiday in NA and Gamestop won't be open. (I think)

So what I'm asking is, will Gamestop have it on July 3rd?

Um... usually things ship to retailers around a week and a half before their release date so that there's time to sort out any shortages. It ought to be in stores the 3rd.

Squall-Nathan
27th Jun 2012, 18:56
Anyone else getting a screen protector so they won't destroy their touchscreen when playing ultimate difficulty? lol

iambasho777
27th Jun 2012, 20:10
I bought a cheap one a week after my 3DS, I got a 3DS with the touchscreen guard improperly made such that it was scratching my top screen. Hopefully it will not get destroyed by playing this game lol

Summoner
27th Jun 2012, 21:46
I've had my 3DS for a long while and it still looks like how I got it when it was brand new, I'm pretty careful and I play alot of games on it so I'm sure I'd be fine without a protection screen, plus I hate how sometimes bubbles pop up on it. :P

iambasho777
27th Jun 2012, 22:48
I have two bubbles under my touchscreen one that were caused by me accidently touching the sticky side, but other than that's it's nice. The bubbles have only been a problem with OoT3D so far anyway.

12.25 hours until final judgement on if we get a demo pre-release! Freaking Europeans, being all demo-having last week *continues nonsensical grumbling*

Back to the main topic at hand, 5 days and (for me) 1 hour until TFF release, and 5 days 9 hours until I'm playing! I already took Tuesday off of work to have a nostalgia marathon :D gotta love working in a small business

Summoner
27th Jun 2012, 22:55
Well I hear sometimes if you pre-order online (depending on the site and shipping) you could sometimes get it before street date but you'd have to be really lucky, I know somebody got their hands on Skyrim 3 days before it came out. So anything is possible. I mean if you pre-order online. lol

Squall-Nathan
28th Jun 2012, 11:14
No demo again!!!!!!!! Why does Square Enix and Nintendo hate us so?!?

iambasho777
28th Jun 2012, 11:18
...really, Square? Would it have been that ******* hard to give us a demo? I'm sorry but I gotta say I'm quite a bit angry. I had three friends tell me if there was a demo for this game and they liked it they would buy it, but without a demo they would wait until the price dropped quite a bit and buy it used, which give SE no money. Plus, I was really hoping to try out the game before release like the REST OF THE WORLD got to. Hell, Japan even got two demos! Now I'm just dissapointed and slightly angry.

Squall-Nathan
28th Jun 2012, 11:21
...really, Square? Would it have been that ******* hard to give us a demo? I'm sorry but I gotta say I'm quite a bit angry. I had three friends tell me if there was a demo for this game and they liked it they would buy it, but without a demo they would wait until the price dropped quite a bit and buy it used, which give SE no money. Plus, I was really hoping to try out the game before release like the REST OF THE WORLD got to. Hell, Japan even got two demos! Now I'm just dissapointed and slightly angry.

Like I posted in my other thread. SE already has the demo. There was a playable english demo at E3. How hard is it to give that to Nintendo and have them put it on the eshop?!?

Summoner
28th Jun 2012, 16:35
That sucks. :<

iambasho777
28th Jun 2012, 21:16
I opened up this thread thinking to post something about it being about 4 days until release, but this lack of a demo just completely killed my hype. Someone else wanna do a hyped up countdown post? lol

Summoner
28th Jun 2012, 23:22
4 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE! :D <3

iambasho777
29th Jun 2012, 00:16
Thanks, Summoner. I just got a link to this video over on the GameFAQs forums, and it helped restore a wee bit of my hype. This is my favorite of any FF song I've came across so far:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypYapTG7jIQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypYapTG7jIQ)

Summoner
29th Jun 2012, 01:22
Yeah that's cool, I like Etro's Champion from FFXIII-2.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-FtDshydtM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-FtDshydtM)

Summoner
29th Jun 2012, 10:44
This guy got Final Fantasy Theatrhythm yesterday.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3bYqxQuTCE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3bYqxQuTCE)

tiaeltaru
29th Jun 2012, 11:31
It's even worse in that Heroes of Ruin is getting a demo in NA next week.

Summoner
29th Jun 2012, 12:12
I'm not really interested in that game. :P

iambasho777
29th Jun 2012, 12:14
Is it really? Ugh. Well, at least that will help me decide whether I want it or not after I'm done with KHDDD.

Summoner
29th Jun 2012, 12:21
Now I'm kinda hoping that I get Theatrhythm in the mail before the 3rd now lol

iambasho777
29th Jun 2012, 12:33
My preorder is an in-store one at GameStop, so I can't get it early :(

Summoner
29th Jun 2012, 12:36
Oh, I don't live near a Gamestop or any electronic store and when you dont have a car it's kinda nice to have it shipped even if it costs 1/4 of the game price to have it shipped to you.

member_10714544
29th Jun 2012, 13:01
Just a few more days... I'll be picking it up at gamestop as well. It's a good month for square enix games.

Summoner
29th Jun 2012, 13:13
3 MORE DAYS UNTIL OFFICIAL RELEASE! :D

iambasho777
29th Jun 2012, 14:45
Well, 3 days and 9ish hours :P for me at least. I hate how the eastern coast dwellers get everything an hour earlier, it's not fair! :'( lol.

This lack of a demo is still killing my hype, though. I've read several comments on youtube videos saying they were on the fence between Rhythm Thief and this and are picking Rhythm Thief because it had a demo. Some days I swear the employees of SE NA have a fetish for losing potential buyers.

Summoner
29th Jun 2012, 15:29
I find it odd for east coast gets it 1 hour early, I mean Japan is closer to west coast. What music does Rhythm Theif have? I never heard about it until you brought it up. Still, Theatrhythm is more likely far superior since it has awesome music and DLC songs. XD

iambasho777
29th Jun 2012, 15:44
East coast gets it an hour before those in the Central time zone (me) because of time zonage :( haha. At least we in the Central time zone get it two hours earlier than those on the west coast! RT is some lame*** game that got a demo on the eShop yesterday, the music on the three tracks of the demo were pretty bland (I download all of the demos just to try the games). I honestly didn't like it at all, but someone more in to rhythm games than me might so if you are then try out the demo :P

Squall-Nathan
29th Jun 2012, 16:19
East coast gets it an hour before those in the Central time zone (me) because of time zonage :( haha. At least we in the Central time zone get it two hours earlier than those on the west coast! RT is some lame*** game that got a demo on the eShop yesterday, the music on the three tracks of the demo were pretty bland (I download all of the demos just to try the games). I honestly didn't like it at all, but someone more in to rhythm games than me might so if you are then try out the demo :P

I really like rhythm games but found no enjoyment in the demo for RT as well. These types of games are supposed to be about the music and it was just eh in the demo for that game. That's why Theatrhythm is so awesome; Final Fantasy music all the way.

Summoner
29th Jun 2012, 17:19
I know in the game Elite Beat Agents used music that you can relate to cause it used songs that were somewhat popular in America. Is there a theme or types of music RT uses? I know I wont get it but I'm just curious. Theatrhythm is obviously the best choice lol.

iambasho777
29th Jun 2012, 20:58
It seemed like... I dunno. A less techno type of rave music maybe?

EDIT: I just came across information that I find very saddening: the Gamestop I preordered at opens at 10AM, not 8!! :( that's two MORE hours I am without this game. Currently: 72 hours, 10 minutes to release in the Central time zone.

Squall-Nathan
30th Jun 2012, 12:12
It seemed like... I dunno. A less techno type of rave music maybe?

EDIT: I just came across information that I find very saddening: the Gamestop I preordered at opens at 10AM, not 8!! :( that's two MORE hours I am without this game. Currently: 72 hours, 10 minutes to release in the Central time zone.

I'm just going to my gamestop around 10 anyway. I'm not usually awake by 8am. lol

iambasho777
30th Jun 2012, 21:09
Neither am I, but I would still get up early for this game lol.

Currently: 50.8 hours til release in the Central time zone, 60.8 hours until I have it in my hands!

Summoner
1st Jul 2012, 00:24
I honestly cannot say when I'll be getting my copy.

iambasho777
1st Jul 2012, 00:48
I just about said it sucks to be you, then remembered that there's a chance of you getting yours tomorrow(?) lol. I put the (?) because it depends on your time zone and concept of "tomorrow".

Summoner
1st Jul 2012, 12:21
Yeah I'm not too worry about it, cause I work tomorrow and the day it comes out so I'm pretty sure I'll have it either way when I get off of work on the 3rd. lol

Squall-Nathan
1st Jul 2012, 12:50
I never preorder games so the only concern of mine is that there's a copy left for me Tuesday morning.

Summoner
1st Jul 2012, 17:28
That's why I pre-order, I don't have to worry if there is a copy left or not lol.

iambasho777
1st Jul 2012, 22:38
For the Central time zone: 25.5 hours to release, 35.5 hours until I have my copy!

So I need to convince one of my friends to buy this. If they release a demo on Thursday's eShop update I can definately talk a couple of my college friends into it, but only one of my friends around where I live owns a 3DS and she isn't all too big on FF (she's only played XIII) or rhythm games. What could I do to talk her in to getting this? I hate not having anyone for streetpasses/multiplayer with lol

Summoner
2nd Jul 2012, 06:38
Honestly if she doesnt like the FF series or rhythm games it could be a lost cause unfortunately. I love both FF and rhythm here lol.

iambasho777
2nd Jul 2012, 12:05
Dang. Oh well, here's to hoping SE NA pulls their heads out of their a**es and puts up a demo soon.

12 HOURS TO RELEASE!!!!!!!

Squall-Nathan
2nd Jul 2012, 17:06
With Heroes of Ruin getting a NA demo this thursday I highly doubt Theatrhythm will. Tomorrow though, Theatrhythm will be in our hands for sure!

Summoner
2nd Jul 2012, 17:14
It could be Nintendo but I couldn't put the blame on anyone, just be patient the game comes out tomorrow.

iambasho777
2nd Jul 2012, 19:51
I was meaning more for the sake of people trying the demo so they'll buy the game lol.

FOUR HOURS, TEN MINUTES UNTIL RELEASE (Central time). 14 hours until I'm bugging the Lamestop workers to open early ^^

Summoner
2nd Jul 2012, 20:35
Lamestop? They wont open early silly Basho.

iambasho777
2nd Jul 2012, 20:59
I know, but I can be preeeeetty annoying so there's a chance. Hmmm... how far away is the police station? I could always use bricks to open early for them! Haha jk

Summoner
2nd Jul 2012, 21:20
This job I used to work at, I remember having to remove people from the site that cause a scene, your kinda making me think your the type to do that sort of thing with your comments. You're awful if you think being annoying works, lol, not like nowadays ya know. Tho I have to say I do wish some places open up at 8 am or something, but I'm fine with my GameStop opening at 10 am. XD

You kinda remind me of my best friend.

tiaeltaru
2nd Jul 2012, 21:27
How did you get the Final Fantasy Versus XIII song "Somnus" available as downloadable content (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/01/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-song-coming-to-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-as-dlc/)? It must have been tough since the game, although it was announced six years ago, hasn&rsquo;t come out yet.

Ichiro Hazama, Producer: A fan like yourself, who have heard the song before would be pleasantly surprised with a Versus XIII tune in the game. The music was announced earlier [through a trailer] and many people have heard the song already. It wasn&rsquo;t anything too secretive.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (http://www.siliconera.com/tag/theatrhythm/) is commemorated as a 25th anniversary title, so we wanted to be a little bit playful by adding this song. When we asked Nomura-san he casually approved it saying, "let&rsquo;s do it" and that&rsquo;s how we got it in.

Yeah, while this is a 25th anniversary title, there aren&rsquo;t any songs in for Final Fantasy XIV, which is available for PCs, or spinoff titles like Final Fantasy USA (aka Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in Japan).

When you look up the collection of music in Theatrhythm, songs were collected from the mainstream Final Fantasy titles. We didn&rsquo;t use spinoffs or anything like that and because of that USA was not included. Versus XIII is part of Fabula Nova Crystallis (http://www.siliconera.com/tag/fabula-nova-crystallis/), the Final Fantasy XIII family, and we put music from every single game in that series into Theatrhythm.

In terms of Final Fantasy XIV, I personally thought that they were not ready to be incorporated into it. This was just my opinion, but they are changing the game. Maybe in the future, when they are ready, we may add songs from XIV.

Will DLC be the same in North America?

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but we also don&rsquo;t have a plan to just do all of those DLC songs for Japan only.

In Japan, it looked like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy sold beyond expectations since stores had to restock the game right away. As the game&rsquo;s producer, how did you feel about this?

As a producer, I felt sorry for fans who were waiting for the game because it was sold out. Some people had, in a worst case scenario, had to wait two weeks so the only feeling I felt was sorry.

In an Iwata Asks interview, you mentioned you had the idea for Theatrhythm after working on Advent Children when the DS first came out, but the hardware wasn&rsquo;t powerful enough. How has the concept for Theatrhythm evolved?

It didn&rsquo;t evolve from that time because it wasn&rsquo;t possible on DS. I had to stop thinking about making it. In my mind, I was always warming up the idea, but we didn&rsquo;t move forward with development. When 3DS was available and we had a talk with Nintendo, I thought with this we can resume planning and that&rsquo;s how development resumed.

Did you always settle on the Kingdom Hearts Mobile art style or did you test other designs for the Final Fantasy characters before choosing the cutesy art style?

From the beginning, we were discussing how to present characters from the entire Final Fantasy franchise. When we saw the designs of the Final Fantasy guest characters in Kingdom Hearts Mobile we thought this is going to work.

It&rsquo;s interesting that you used the gods from Dissidia in Theatrhythm. Are Chaos and Cosmos now overarching gods for the entire Final Fantasy universe?

[Laughs.] I didn&rsquo;t feel that ambitious when I was planning Theatrhythm! The only titles that cover the Final Fantasy series from the first game to XIII are Dissidia and Theatrhythm. Nomura, the creative director, thought it would be great to use the artwork from Dissidia. Did you notice the logo has the gods on it? I worked on the Dissidia: Final Fantasy (http://www.siliconera.com/tag/dissidia-final-fantasy/) games too and because I worked on those titles, Nomura and I wanted to continue using those gods.

Do you view Theatrhythm as a series now? What series would you want to work with&hellip; Manarhythm? Theatrhythm&hellip; Hitman?

[Laughs.] Personally, I hope this will be come a series, but Theatrhythm Hitman will probably be really far off. There are many series that I would want to work on for Theatrhythm. Dragon Quest has a lot of music and Kingdom Hearts would be wonderful to do if it&rsquo;s possible. I&rsquo;m not to familiar with the Eidos collection, but Tomb Raider has a long history so it must have a great collection of songs. That might be fun.

Can you tell us what you want to work on next?

In my career, I used to work on merchandise. I worked on movies like Advent Children, then I worked on social games in Japan. Theatrhythm is something new too. It&rsquo;s a music game for the Final Fantasy franchise. If I can do something new that nobody has done that would be very exciting.

www.siliconera.com/2012/07/02/how-a-vers... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/02/how-a-versus-xiii-song-got-into-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-and-other-questions/)

Hopefully we'll get DLC sooner rather than later, and yes, Dragon Quest Theatrhythm go.

iambasho777
2nd Jul 2012, 22:04
This job I used to work at, I remember having to remove people from the site that cause a scene, your kinda making me think your the type to do that sort of thing with your comments. You're awful if you think being annoying works, lol, not like nowadays ya know. Tho I have to say I do wish some places open up at 8 am or something, but I'm fine with my GameStop opening at 10 am. XD

You kinda remind me of my best friend.

I was joking. I will probably get at the GameStop at around 9:30 and just stare at the door until it gets unlocked, I wouldn't actually cause a scene haha. I kinda have a problem with them opening up at 10 though, because almost everywhere else (including the locally owned game shop one block down) opens at 8 or 9. I think it's a bit ridiculous, but it's whatever.

EDIT: Uuuggghhh :( just my luck to wake up at 5:30AM and have nothing to do but wait. Who has the game already? Are you loving it?

Summoner
3rd Jul 2012, 06:45
Got an e-mail saying I should get my game by the time I get off of work so that's good news for me. I go to a GameStop in a mall so I'm sure they open late cause that's when the mall opens too.

iambasho777
3rd Jul 2012, 09:11
I'm leaving in ten minutes to go pick up my copy! I think. Let's see... it's a 25 minute drive so that'll put me there 15 minutes before they open. Yup, I can deal with 15 minutes of staring at a locked door in the hope that it gets unlocked early :D

Squall-Nathan
3rd Jul 2012, 09:37
I have to wait until after 11 to get the game...so here I am...waiting...

tiaeltaru
3rd Jul 2012, 10:44
Hey Basho, I hear the EU release has day 1 DLC, does the NA one as well?
And which songs?

Won't be able to check myself until tonight.

member_10561180
3rd Jul 2012, 10:54
I don't know if we have day one dlc cuz I cannot access to the store -_-

iambasho777
3rd Jul 2012, 15:35
The store for it isn't set up yet :( we'll have to wait until Thursday for the first potential DLC update. So... I just finished all thirteen basic series plays, and I gotta say, I nostalgia'd everywhere... 11.5 times haha. 11 just didn't do the trick for me having never seriously played it, and 13 is too new for a full on nostalgia. lol. So far I have two dark notes, and they're completely owning me. I scraped by on one of them with no visible hp left on both songs, but the other is WAAAAAAY above my level right now. I'm getting ready to replay all songs on basic in challenge mode, and then do them on expert. The difficulties go basic, expert, ultimate. I tried ultimate on Battle of the Four Fiends earlier, and it didn't go over all too well... hahaha. I absolutely love the game though.

My only problem so far - I have cuts from the pre-order stylus!!! The grip on mine is so sharp it literally cut open the side of my middle finger. I put masking tape on it, and now the only problem is that it hurts to hold the stylus... which makes hard songs even harder :(

EDIT: The site has an article up, DLC will be $0.99 and should be up today, there will be 8 songs right now. I'll check again here... every time I try to go to look at the DLC I get the following error msg: "Connection interrupted. Song purchasing will be ended and you will be returned to the title screen." Looks like the shop for it isn't set up yet.

iambasho777
3rd Jul 2012, 21:12
The DLC should now be available for those interested.

Summoner
5th Jul 2012, 18:35
I got my copy as soon as I got home from work so I was happy, even got the pre-ordered stuff.