PDA

View Full Version : Game Won't Play Please Advise

boaster
10th Dec 2003, 05:57
The opening menu works fine, and the intro movie plays fine, but when the game starts, I see nothing on the screen but a green compass. When I press any of the motion keys to move, I see flashes of light, but nothing more:

I have
Pentium 4, 1 gig ram, 2.2 mhz
GEForce FX 5200 Ultra Graphics Card with 128 meg of Ram
I am running Direct X 9.0b

The box says that the FX series of cards is supported.

I am running in 1280x1024, but have also tried other resolutions and have the same problem in them.

I don't have a lot of time for technical stuff so if someone has a quick solution I might try let me know, otherwise the game is going back to the store.

Shanar_D
10th Dec 2003, 07:27
Well first off, until some of the issues are fixed there isn;t a chance in hell you can play at 1280 x 1024.. Which I found out much to my own lament, in fact I could barely play at 640 x 480 till I fixed the mouselag parameter.

So set it to 640 x 480 and see what you get, update to the newest drivers you can get for your video card and it 'should run.. I mean mine ran right out of the box, it just ran like crap.. So worst case uninstall the game, install the newest video drivers you can find (Always uninstall your old ones first) then Reinstall the game.. And see what you get, once you can start the game there are a lot of tweaks here that work.. 2 I found that worked very well for me were changing MouseLagThreshold to 0 and changing Cache Size to 16mb, setting all the detail levels to medium instead of high helped a bit too.

I can now play in 800 x 600 which still is a travesty, but what the hell.. I assume a patch will address the issues.. Soon?

Pooeypants
11th Dec 2003, 07:35
It must be so superpatch to boost the performance enough to what yer suggesting...