PDA

View Full Version : Here's how I got my game to run

Justinic
10th Dec 2003, 04:08
I've been reading these forums since I got my copy, and I know a lot of you have the same problems I did. Now I'm not getting excellent framerate, but I'm getting a constant 21-25, which allows you to play the game without a lot of problems. I also haven't been having problems with the game crashing.

Aside from running the tweaker and all, I did the compatibility mode thing. HOWEVER, when I put it in Windows 2000 compatibility, it did nothing. So instead, I put it in Windows 98/ME compatibility. After I did this my game ran a million times better. So if nothing else works, try that, it can't hurt.

Venatyr
10th Dec 2003, 04:23
Setting the compatibility mode to "Windows 2000" or "Windows 98 / Me" made no change whatsoever to the frame rate for me.

I am using FRAPS to verify the frame rate.

Nightcom
10th Dec 2003, 04:25
Setting the compatibility mode to "Windows 2000" or "Windows 98 / Me" made no change whatsoever to the frame rate for me.

Actually after some minro tweaking, and then setting it to Win 2000 - I got 27-34 frames :D I also used Fraps to verify that. Finally it's working for me - even though I've beat it once I love this game now.