PDA

View Full Version : Any way to enable multichannel audio/EAX?

GreyWing81
9th Dec 2003, 21:33
I've got an Audigy 2 Platinum and I've heard about ways to enable multichannel audio (4.1 and above) but everything I've tried has failed. I've got all the settings in default.ini saying that directsound3d, reverb, spacial, etc. are all enabled but sadly, no 3D sound :( Is this yet another feature that should've been available at launch but will have to be patched in, or is there something I'm missing?

PACMAN_DUDE
9th Dec 2003, 22:47
i too can not get it too work i have a sblive 5.1

i have tryed all the ini stuff but it dont do a thing i mean have you try to change something silly like the voluem it dosent do a thing to it
i even del all the sound options in the ini file and guss what i still had sound so i guss we just have to wait for a patch

Frraksurred
10th Dec 2003, 01:12
From everything I've read there is no EAX support as of yet. I've heard of some people with nForce boards and onboard 5.1 being able to get it to work with some beta drivers they found online, but nothing for us SBLive/Audigy owners.

It has been STRONGLY suggested for the patch, but there is no official word from IS yet that I know of.

If there are two features IS should add with a patch it's quick save/load and full EAX 4.0 support. There's a small handbook of others I'd like to suggest, but I'd be happy with these. I can't believe the game was ever released without them. One can only assume all the PC gamers at IS quit leaving only the Xbox gamers and they accidently forgot... or something.

:)

avonnied
10th Dec 2003, 01:33
I have some great directional surround sound..

I'm assumming its the UseDirectSound3D=True that turns it on

--edit

I have an Audigy2 Platinum

-endedit

this is my Audio Settings in the Default.ini

[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
UseDirectSound3D=True
ReverseStereo=False
OutputRate=44100Hz
Channels=32
MusicVolume=1.0
SoundVolume=1.0