PDA

View Full Version : Missing Movie in Thief 2

SNAKE-LORD
9th Dec 2003, 19:52
i had played the game without patch first.
after i installed the patch for the game i noticed something.
in the first mission.
running interference i mean.
garret talks about how love is not worth it or something.
well that doesn't happen anymore.
has the patch removed the movie.
cause i kind of liked it.
it showed the true garret.
nothing matters more than coin period.
not love not pain nothing.

Vanguard
10th Dec 2003, 01:41
Probably means the Indeo video codec got stepped on. Is there an iv5.exe file on the CD? I know it's on one of the TG or T2. It installs the Indeo codecs.

I've also heard from Windows XP users that it Indeo codec seems to get stepped on with every startup of Windows XP. I recall there is a file that needs to get re-registered, so some users would simply put a shortcut in their Startup group to register the file. I'd have to search through the Thief forums to find the suggestions to register the file but you can do that. It might also be described in one of the sticky posts regarding how to get Thief working.

DJC
10th Dec 2003, 20:18
Start > Run > <b>regsvr32 "c:\your\path\to\thief\LGVID.ax"</b> substituting in your own path.

SNAKE-LORD
11th Dec 2003, 00:28
never mind it's working now.
have no clue what happened.
cause i didn't do anything.
it just showed up.

ps.
DID I MENTION I'M GOING TO TRY TO GHOST THE WHOLE GAME WITHOUT SAVING OR STOPPING FOR ANYTHING?

Vanguard
12th Dec 2003, 02:37
So how long does it take to brew 55 gallons of strong coffee to fill up a barrel to have next to you during the marathon gameplay?

Presumably you mean that you'll Ironman (and ghost) each mission and then you'll take a breather. Also presumably you are not going to cheat by hitting Esc to pause the mission just so you can get some sleep. Some missions are very long. Good luck.

Even after playing the OMs (original missions) several times, I still do a quicksave simply because Garrett can be very, very clumsy at times. He can get glued to wall textures. He can get stuck between a desk too close to the wall because there's no room to get any forward motion to make the jump put him atop the desk so instead he just hops up and down. You might crouch and ooze over a ledge to land without any damage in one run through of a mission but then take damage in another. The mission might get corrupt (frozen AIs, frozen mission, crash back to desktop, video problems, etc.) and you'll have to start over.