PDA

View Full Version : PC Freeze using BioMods & Scope

JCX
9th Dec 2003, 18:53
Hi,
I'm experiencing some kind of annoying problem making the game unplayable :

When I use biomods to look throught walls or simply use the scope after I've done it like two or three times the game freezes completly my computer and I have to reboot... this makes the game likely unplayable so if anyone has a idea it would be welcome!

XP +2000
512 Mb 333Mhz
Radeon 9600 Pro 256Mb
Windows XP

JCX
10th Dec 2003, 16:39
Hey isn't there any support team here? Is that for I spent my money!?

Eleazar
10th Dec 2003, 23:15
You can look at the easy as CAKE tweak guide. Yes there is tech support, unfortunately most of it is user provided right now. It is most likely because they are waiting till the patch comes out to fix everything. They know there are problems and submitting workarounds for fixes would be absurd considering a patch will be coming out very shortly. Do the tweak guide that should fix it. Also one last thing, it is hard to say what the problem is because you have not followed proper policy in posting a problem. Post your DXDIAG and System Specs, then you might actually get help from the official support team. They don't have time to waste to tell everyone over and over again what to do. Thank You

JCX
11th Dec 2003, 17:20
Thx Eleazar... i'll try it

CaPrIcOrN
12th Dec 2003, 23:29
The exact same error happens to me, too!
Using scope, biomods (nightvision or bot domination) results in a complete freeze, while the sound seems to hang in a loop (repeating a short sound pretty fast). And only a hard reset helps then.
Tried and used all of the mentioned tweaks outa there, with no better result. :/
My sys specs:
AMD Ahlon XP 1600+ (not overclocked)
Asus A7N8X nForce 3.13 drivers
2x 256 MB PC 266 DDR Infenion
Powercolor Ati Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB (not overclocked) Cat. 3.9
Soundblaster live 1024 latest unified Livedrivers
16x DVD Rom Aopen
4x 2x 24x Teac Rewriter
WinXP