PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Game Club

tiaeltaru
18th Jun 2012, 12:29
Draggy (DragoonGriffith) and I are planning on starting a playthrough of FFVII in the coming days.
We're planning on at least simultaneously (disc-wise) going through the story, and chatting about our experiences.
Thanks to meltonbj/Jackstin for getting me inspired with his VIII game club to consider this one.

Anyways, all people are welcome, figuring we'll start it Wednesday or so, and give a week for each disc, if not more.
All discussion is great, from the materia system to the story to the music to the infamous City of the Ancients moment.

Draggy
18th Jun 2012, 12:38
Yep. Nothing better than summer, sea and FFVII, right?

Oh, and ice cream.

tiaeltaru
18th Jun 2012, 12:53
There's a few things I can think of..

starts with an s-e, but yea.

Keeping it PG-13.

DerekMaverick
18th Jun 2012, 13:30
Do you have to play only one disk a week, or...?

tiaeltaru
18th Jun 2012, 13:52
You can keep going personally, but Draggy and I will likely only do one disc a week to keep it at a steady pace and due to our schedules, but this thread is free to update the progress and discuss, no matter at what point in the game you are.

DerekMaverick
18th Jun 2012, 15:47
Sounds like it could be fun! Hope I'll have time to play, not sure if I could juggle it and VI at the same time.

tiaeltaru
18th Jun 2012, 16:44
Sounds like it could be fun! Hope I'll have time to play, not sure if I could juggle it and VI at the same time.

I just finished VIII myself, so I know where you're coming from.

DerekMaverick
19th Jun 2012, 06:12
Gratz! It's one of the few left on my list. I quess when tomorrow comes I'll have to decide! :D

tiaeltaru
19th Jun 2012, 08:54
Oh it was a replay, but I at least try and play each one annually.

DerekMaverick
19th Jun 2012, 10:55
Sounds like good practice. Staying fresh on what happend in the game.

Draggy
20th Jun 2012, 05:33
Started it. Went through the first reactor, defeated the Guardian Scorpion with Tifa's childhood ramblings now to listen to.

FFVII's battle speed is refreshing after playing FFIX, that's for sure.

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 08:39
I won't be able to start it tonight when I get home from work, but you're gonna be stuck at disc 2 anyways until I get there, so haha :P

At least you have VP2 and other various games to keep you occupied until then.

Draggy
20th Jun 2012, 08:58
Yep.

I like it that way, since VP2 is a game I haven't played yet.

For now, I saved near the 2nd raid reactor with Tifa and Barret, so all is well.

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 09:04
Shouldn't take me long to reach there when I start tonight, nothing to sidetrack me up until later in Midgar and beyond.

Speed Square gonna be a pain in my ass though, I'm going to get the Umbrella on Disc 1 and the Flayer on the other discs, even if I need to practice.