PDA

View Full Version : Open GL or D3D ?

Stengah
8th Dec 2003, 14:48
i think there is the possibility to choose, by using the tweaker and user.ini, so what's the best deal to get at least decent frame rate ?

i could be wrong though, maybe it's only d3d

Killa4214234
8th Dec 2003, 15:25
I like to know to how to run it under OpenGL.

Stengah
8th Dec 2003, 15:29
I don't think it's really possible, but if you look in the Deus Ex tweaker, in the user.ini page you can choose the 3d renderer.

iv tried about all of them and it did no difference, so i guess i have my awnser :(

thegrommit
10th Dec 2003, 03:32
DX2 does not ship with an OpenGL renderer. The settings are just left over from the Unreal engine.

BadArm
10th Dec 2003, 13:58
I played around with that file in the demo it and seemed to make a difference. I tried them all, and the best seemd to be the Glider Render (or something with the word glider in it).

thegrommit
10th Dec 2003, 17:43
Originally posted by BadArm
I played around with that file in the demo it and seemed to make a difference. I tried them all, and the best seemd to be the Glider Render (or something with the word glider in it).

Unless you're running a 3dfx card, you're talking out of your arse. Glide was a proprietary API specific to 3dfx cards. Given that no 3dfx card supported pixel shaders, I'm guessing your toilet bowl is rather full.