PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this could help a few.

Pengu
8th Dec 2003, 09:48
Having only played the original Deus Ex a month ago. I cannot say I am a Uber-fan like some on the forum. But I can still safely say it was THE best computer game I have every played (With Alley Cat for my 386 being the close second). Needless to say I was terribly disappointed by the "finished" product called Invisible War.

Now I'm not slagging the game by any means. I love the story and am so far very excited with most of the twists. And if anyone has gotten to Cairo yet, andheard NG say, "Oh... Tra-la-la-la-la... I think I'l fire the *****. Right now." You'll laugh your ass off.
Regardless I digress. My game was absolutely unplayable at any resolution. And I have a very nice system. I couldn't figure it out. I had done some tweaking to the demo and it worked perfectly, settings on high, at 1280x1024. So I finally decided to go into my Direct 3d settings, suck it up, and turn of Anti-ailiasing and anisopic filtering. Suddenly the game ran like a dream. Smooth, great frames, and pretty. Though I want my AA back.
So I just thought I'd post this and see if it would help anyone.

Now the only problem I have is with the game crashing at loads and always saying that there is no disc inserted. If anyone knows what's up w/ that please let me know.