PDA

View Full Version : DX2 runs choppily despite recommended requirements passed

Daedalus82
8th Dec 2003, 02:36
DX Invisible war is running choppy, even at 640x480 resolution! I have windows XP, 2.4 GHz, 512 ddr ram, and an ati radeon 9200 why oh why is it chunky and slow? All that comes to mind would be a shoddy graphic driver, but I have the latest one from ATI's site. . . perhaps it is the problem?
someone please help me out, I really need it to work right!

Nightcom
8th Dec 2003, 02:40
This should be moved to the Tech forum.

Also, a lot of people have this problem - I still play it even though I only have about 20fps or something.

Kyrandos
8th Dec 2003, 02:40
Nope, everyone is getting wretched performance. You're just gonna have to deal with it like the rest of us. Enjoy.

lagoleer
8th Dec 2003, 04:07
Originally posted by Daedalus82
DX Invisible war is running choppy, even at 640x480 resolution! I have windows XP, 2.4 GHz, 512 ddr ram, and an ati radeon 9200 why oh why is it chunky and slow? All that comes to mind would be a shoddy graphic driver, but I have the latest one from ATI's site. . . perhaps it is the problem?
someone please help me out, I really need it to work right!

While not giving the engine any props, that ATi 9200 isn't the greatest card or even close to it.

To get the game running even decently at decent resolutions, people need some serious hardware, and even that isn't a guarantee.

Rooklin
8th Dec 2003, 05:44
ATIs drivers lick. They are like tending to a hernia...

Random
8th Dec 2003, 12:02
Some people are having success by running it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode.

catass
8th Dec 2003, 13:08
Originally posted by Random
Some people are having success by running it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode.

that didn't help me at all. what did help was changing the CacheSizeMegs in default.ini to 16

Pooeypants
8th Dec 2003, 22:53
Originally posted by Rooklin
ATIs drivers lick. They are like tending to a hernia...
*coughDetonatorCheatsfiascocough*

Grey Mouser
8th Dec 2003, 23:46
Originally posted by Pooeypants
*coughDetonatorCheatsfiascocough*

Can we agree that they BOTH suck? [...and I happen to agree that 25 FPS or so is not really great, and I have tried on every vid card/driver combination I can get my paws on...]

Frraksurred
9th Dec 2003, 01:54
There are a host of tips in one of the above pinned threads that should help. The best things I could recommend (instead of complain along with so many others) is to get a hold of the "Demo Tweaker" (do a search, there is a link in a thread around here some where) and use it. It works on the full game just like the demo (as long as you do not have the demo installed). All it asks you to do is browse to your "User.ini" in your "My Documents" folder, and your "Default.ini" in your DX:IW system folder. After that click optimize and save and most of the Xbox settings that are messing up PC play are fixed (as much as can be until a patch).

There are other helpful tips in the previously mentioned thread as well, but this made the biggest difference for me and I'm running the game on a 900 Tbird w/ 256 mb of RAM. Granted my 9700 Pro is doing most the work, but it will undoubtedly help you to. Unless of course you knew all this already, in which case I shall go crawl under a virtual rock. ;)

catass
9th Dec 2003, 03:18
Originally posted by Frraksurred
There are a host of tips in one of the above pinned threads that should help. The best things I could recommend (instead of complain along with so many others) is to get a hold of the "Demo Tweaker"

no offense... but why shouldn't we complain? i dont think i should have to manually screw with .ini files if i paid $50 for the game, it's not like i pirated it. it shouldn't have come with the freakin xbox default.ini to begin with :rolleyes: