PDA

View Full Version : "Flesh Failed To Initialize!"

Zodaurain
7th Dec 2003, 16:40
I bought the game and now I'm disaponted. :mad: It's sitting there on my shelf collecting dust now... The problem is as soon as I start the game I get this error that says: "Flesh failed to initialize!” but the game sometimes still runs after this. I can see the first two intro videos for Ion Storm and Nvidia but when it gets to the loading phase for the game it crashes.
I’m betting that it’s my video card… But I really don't know...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/309554/FleshFailedToInitialize.gif

I have a Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 pro. 32mb

I have looked around to see if people had a error like this but I havn't seen any... :(

So can somebody help me out here...? Do I need a new Vcard¿

Merlyn
7th Dec 2003, 17:31
Yes you need a new video card, the one you have is unsupported... check the system requirements at the top of the forum page and get a new graphics card, it would appear that the Geforce FX models are getting better performance than Radeons at the moment.

qirien
8th Dec 2003, 21:09
I get the same "Flesh failed to initialize" error on two separate computers - one has a Matrox G400 (I suspect that might be too old, but I don't know how to tell), and one has an ATI Rage 128 Pro. The ATI card is fairly new, so I thought that it would be good enough for most games, but does it have the necessary capabilities?

Also, in general, how can we tell if a card has the right capabilities or not? Seems kind of silly . . . a video card is a video card, it's not that hard to make things compatible across a wider range . . . . I'm a big DX fan and I would hate to not be able to play it until I cough up enough for a new video card. :-(

Pooeypants
8th Dec 2003, 22:07
Originally posted by qirien
I get the same "Flesh failed to initialize" error on two separate computers - one has a Matrox G400 (I suspect that might be too old, but I don't know how to tell), and one has an ATI Rage 128 Pro. The ATI card is fairly new, so I thought that it would be good enough for most games, but does it have the necessary capabilities?

Also, in general, how can we tell if a card has the right capabilities or not? Seems kind of silly . . . a video card is a video card, it's not that hard to make things compatible across a wider range . . . . I'm a big DX fan and I would hate to not be able to play it until I cough up enough for a new video card. :-(
New as in about four years old? Both are about that age and both are directx 6 cards, you need a directx8 compliant card to play this game. And even if it did work on dx6 cards you'd been getting 5 frames per second on lowest settings. Come to think of it I think those two cards will struggle to run the original Deus ex let alone DX2...

Pooeypants
8th Dec 2003, 22:10
Originally posted by Zodaurain
I bought the game and now I'm disaponted. :mad: It's sitting there on my shelf collecting dust now... The problem is as soon as I start the game I get this error that says: "Flesh failed to initialize!” but the game sometimes still runs after this. I can see the first two intro videos for Ion Storm and Nvidia but when it gets to the loading phase for the game it crashes.
I’m betting that it’s my video card… But I really don't know...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/309554/FleshFailedToInitialize.gif

I have a Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 pro. 32mb

I have looked around to see if people had a error like this but I havn't seen any... :(

So can somebody help me out here...? Do I need a new Vcard¿
Your card is like one of the oldest I can think of...err nearly 5 years old I think, at least 4 anyway. In computer age thats like a relic...ancient. It's a directx 6 card and you need a directx 8 compliant card to play the game. Not hard to understand.

qirien
11th Dec 2003, 18:16
Well, I bought the ATI just one year ago, so how was I supposed to know it was a "4 year old" card? :-( (and they both run the original DX, and NeverWinterNights, and many other games just fine, thank you very much).

Anyway, so I'm going to buy a new video card sometime -- how can I tell when I'm looking at them which ones are supported by this game or not? Is there a specific thing I should look for on the box?

Pooeypants
12th Dec 2003, 13:22
Originally posted by qirien
Well, I bought the ATI just one year ago, so how was I supposed to know it was a "4 year old" card? :-( (and they both run the original DX, and NeverWinterNights, and many other games just fine, thank you very much).

Anyway, so I'm going to buy a new video card sometime -- how can I tell when I'm looking at them which ones are supported by this game or not? Is there a specific thing I should look for on the box?
The net is your friend, do a search for reviews on your card. Or have a look at this chart (http://freespace.virgin.net/neeyik.uk/3dspecs/).
Old as old can be.

The minimum specs states that you need a directx 8 compliant card, now in that card, what dx level does your gfx cards support?

Then tell how hard was that to figure out?

Lagaia
16th Dec 2003, 23:05
I dunno. I just bought a HP computer, not that I'm proud of that... because HP's okay. That's beside the point.

Currently I'm running a Pentium 3, a, ah... graphics controller card that was in there already. I'm not much with computers... Says 'Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics.' Honestly, no idea what that means. With a Direct X version of 9.0, doesn't that make it DX 8.1 compatible? Or am I missing something? I can run most anything I really need to, from Ghost Recon to Dungeon Seige with no problems at all. Anyone help a moron? Thanks.