PDA

View Full Version : Repost: Respond plz

Thanatos2k
7th Dec 2003, 08:13
I've posted before but no one answered.

I'm having problems when Deus Ex 2 loads a save game or a new area. Every time it loads like this the screen splits into four smaller screens with plenty of graphical glitches. I can fix the problem by changing the resolution back and forth or minimizing then maximizing, but it's VERY annoying since the games loads area A LOT.

Any help or a solution is sorely needed.

Oh yeah, I'm also getting the random crash to desktop problem....but not that often, it's happened four times and I've played for about 5 hours.

Wharfrat
7th Dec 2003, 10:10
Ok I'm just posting because no one responded to your first post. forgive me if you've heard or done this before.

I'm sure you have the latest video drivers for your card, but try completely uninstalling them, rebooting and reinstalling.

How 'bout backing up your saves and reinstalling the game?

Do you have a different card you can swap out, to eliminate the possibility that it's the video card?

Is your system overclocked?

Are you running multiple monitors? If so try with just one.

Not the greatest advice but, it's something right? Other than that I would guess it has something to do with directx.

How bout a link to your other thread? and some system specs?

Thanatos2k
7th Dec 2003, 19:39
The game did not work PERIOD until I updated the drivers, and now it runs except for the stated bugs. That's why I don't think it's the drivers.....

I've reinstalled twice, before and after updating drivers.

I do not have an "extra card" to swap in....I'm not THAT good with computers yet.

System not overclocked.

One monitor.

Link to other thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28913

System specs:
P4 2.4
ASUS Geforce 4 Ti 4200
Sound Card: Creative SB Audigy

Need anything else?

Merlyn
7th Dec 2003, 21:59
This probably won't help you out, but i'll post it anyway... I remember seeing information about ASUS providing buggy drivers for their graphics cards. If your using drivers that you downloaded from them, you may want to try the drivers direct from nVidia.

I'm not sure where i saw that info, though....

good luck!