PDA

View Full Version : Be Warned

Invictus
6th Dec 2003, 20:40
I don't really aggree that this game is terrible, in fact, it looks like it could be a lot of fun. I say looks like it COULD be, because the PC version's frame rate is so abysmal it's not really possible to enjoy it unless you scale down gfx to the absolute minimum. I don't think this is a BAD product, just one that was released a month or two early, and is therefore defective. It needs HEAVY patching, and a written apology from ion storm to their formerly loyal customers wouldn't hurt either.

nofx54
6th Dec 2003, 20:52
I know exactly what you mean. This is so sad. I've been waiting months for this game. I just bought it this morning. My computer is only a year old and it has nVidia Gforce 4Ti on it (the symbol on the freaking box!), but whenever I try to load the very first level it automatically cuts to the desktop. Just like that, "No playing for you!" :mad: This is a huge letdown. Deus Ex was soo awesome and I'm dying to play this new one. I don't care what went wrong as long as Eidos fixes it very soon.

*If anyone somehow fixes the "cut to desktop during load problem" then please tell me how.*

nofx54
6th Dec 2003, 21:15
Yah! Thanks you guys for the ESC button solution. For anyone who doesn't know holding down ESC during the load keeps the game from crashing. I'm finally playing the game now. It looks pretty good Eidos just crank out a patch as soon as possible. I know the Deus Ex developers are not out to screw us but something has to be fixed here. Anyway, I'm finally going to start playing. Bye!

Tinman
7th Dec 2003, 02:09
Why do you criticise a game without looking at all the hard work that was put into it by other members of the development team, i agree this game is buggy (This is the programmers team fault, not the :-

# Artist
# Sound production
# Research team
# Coordinators
# Mappers
# Animators
# and loads more....

the real problem is the game was released without a thorough beta testing, to me this sounds like a marketing issue, and managers/directors placing pressure on time schedules.

Every other software ever made has had bugs in it take windows xp 90 billion $ company microsoft, even they suffer for diminity/lack of wisdom and security mental block , but to say a game is crap, when it has state of the art rendering and physics and sound engine is very nieve. This game doesnt even come close to half-decent to others for the PC.

degenerated
7th Dec 2003, 04:34
I dunno, a game is the sum of it's parts.

Imagine a game where all you do is throw a box around in a room. State of the art physics engine or not, the game is gonna suck...unless it was hyped as "the best box simulator ever!"

I wouldn't blame the animation, art, etc. departments, but the game still has waaaaay too many problems to be called good, by any stretch.

Edit: Learning to spell :D.