PDA

View Full Version : _T deletion = more performance?

wldhre77
6th Dec 2003, 19:36
I read a submission on Ion Storm's forum that "_t" lines are from thief 3 and can be deleted for better performance. Sounds kind of risky to me. . . opinions?

OldScho0l
6th Dec 2003, 19:48
Does anyone know how to do this? I am willing to try.

Sloan_Chanston
6th Dec 2003, 19:50
I tried it just now. Didn't see any difference in performance, but without an FPS (frames per second) indicator I can't really tell past a certain point.

[Edit] - This is accomplished by going into DX:IW's System folder under the main game directory, and opening the file Default.ini with notepad or something similar. You need to remove the read-only attribute first, by right clicking on the file, selecting properties from the drop-down menu, and then unchecking "Read-Only".

After that simply delete the following:

[T3Settings]
BodyAwarenessMode=1
GarrettFootstep=1
PlayAmbientSound=1
PlayTorchSOund=1
DrawHUD=0
HighlightMinLevel=0.5
HighlightMaxLevel=0.76
HighlightAdd=0.02
GhostSpeed=400
CurrentDifficulty=NORMAL
Lookspring=false

Which is located between the [MetaReader] and [DX2Settings] at the top of the document.

Catman
6th Dec 2003, 20:27
I was thinking this referred to the __t commands in the ini files in the System folder ...

Sloan_Chanston
6th Dec 2003, 20:40
That could be, in which case I'm mistaken. At the same time, I can't locate any _t commands in the ini files that refer to Thief 3 specifically.

Catman
6th Dec 2003, 22:24
I see both __d and __t commands for keyboard/joystick mapping, at least in the demo ini's (I still don't have the full game :().

Sloan_Chanston
6th Dec 2003, 22:32
Originally posted by Catman
I see both __d and __t commands for keyboard/joystick mapping, at least in the demo ini's (I still don't have the full game :().

In default.ini?

Catman
6th Dec 2003, 22:37
Yes ... but like I said, the demo default.ini file.