PDA

View Full Version : Cursor frozen, No Video, Can't Play, Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Belzoni
6th Dec 2003, 11:41
The symptoms:

1. Game starts, blue menu cursor frozen. Opening movie plays OK.

2. Start new game (strangely enough, mouse wheel cycles through menus, but mouse cursor stuck in center of the screen)

3. See nothing when new game starts but HUD and solid bright color wall.

4. Done 3 uninstalls/reinstalls after each driver update.

The system:

Dell 8200, 256MB RAM, 1.80 GhZ, nVidia GeForce3 TI 200, Creative SB Live! Value WMD sound

Updated all video (Dell Version 21.93) and audio drivers, running DirectX 9.0b.

The results:

Cannot play game at all. Out $50, son upset, thinks Alex D. needs our help.

Belzoni

jaywalker2309
6th Dec 2003, 11:51
Originally posted by Belzoni
The symptoms:

1. Game starts, blue menu cursor frozen. Opening movie plays OK.

2. Start new game (strangely enough, mouse wheel cycles through menus, but mouse cursor stuck in center of the screen)

3. See nothing when new game starts but HUD and solid bright color wall.

4. Done 3 uninstalls/reinstalls after each driver update.

The system:

Dell 8200, 256MB RAM, 1.80 GhZ, nVidia GeForce3 TI 200, Creative SB Live! Value WMD sound

Updated all video (Dell Version 21.93) and audio drivers, running DirectX 9.0b.

The results:

Cannot play game at all. Out $50, son upset, thinks Alex D. needs our help.

Belzoni

Ok just looked up the system on Dell's website.. You are going to have to accept that dell's driver for this is ancient..

Am gonna guess you have the Dimension 8200 not the Inspiron 8200 (which is a laptop).. if you have the Dimension range go to www.nvidia.com and download the 52.16 driver, and instantly your problem will vanish.

Belzoni
6th Dec 2003, 13:01
Thanks much; new driver cured the problem, although the game graphics are still much choppier than I would have expected.

Also had to change the MouseLag setting in the default.ini file to get tolerable movement control.

Nonetheless, son and I are now in Alex D's world.

jaywalker2309
6th Dec 2003, 13:02
Originally posted by Belzoni
Thanks much; new driver cured the problem, although the game graphics are still much choppier than I would have expected.

Also had to change the MouseLag setting in the default.ini file to get tolerable movement control.

Nonetheless, son and I are now in Alex D's world.

Glad to be of service..

Dell support page is so old i think even they've forgotten it exists ;)