PDA

View Full Version : How do you get this damned game to keep your settings?

bobgroz2001
6th Dec 2003, 02:20
How do you get this to keep your video, control and other settings?

Everytime I restart the damned game all my settings get LOST.

And YES the user.ini file in my documents is NOT read only.

What's the damned trick?

Agrojagg
6th Dec 2003, 02:31
you're not the only one with this problem. so far I'm VERY annoyed and dissapointed in this game.

Agrojagg
6th Dec 2003, 02:47
ah found the problem look on this Faq and it says how to fix that.

http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=205527

Agrojagg
6th Dec 2003, 04:09
ah seems like what was posted actually doesn't work. how friggin lame.

Sloan_Chanston
6th Dec 2003, 04:17
If you remove the Default.ini file's Read-Only status, then go and reset your settings (video, keyboard mapping, audio, etc) and save the new settings, it should work. It has for me.

OldScho0l
6th Dec 2003, 04:33
I too am unable to get this game to keep my settings. I have tried all of the tricks (unchecking Read Only for one) and nothing seems to work. It's pretty foul to have to setup the game every time I open up the game.

Agrojagg
6th Dec 2003, 04:33
been there, done that.. does not work.

homercles
6th Dec 2003, 04:40
Originally posted by Agrojagg
been there, done that.. does not work.

Ditto. Can i add a PISSED OFF ditto to that original ditto? :mad:

southpaw
6th Dec 2003, 04:46
as long as your settings are saved when you load a saved game, who cares? Are you saying the settings are gone when you initially load the game, or even after you've loaded a saved game?

GangGreen
6th Dec 2003, 04:55
Yeah I was pulling my hair out over this one for awhile. For whatever reason, whenever you run the exe file, the video settings revert back to 640x480, but once you load your savegames you should get the video settings that you saved the game at.

As for the control settings, that should be fixable by removing the read-only status.

OldScho0l
6th Dec 2003, 05:00
I did not realise this but it does restore your settings when you reload a saved game. Thanks GangGreen.

scottws
6th Dec 2003, 13:35
Yeah, settings are saved in the save games. I know that this is needed for the Xbox, but why the PC? I mean this is a completely foreign and stupid concept to PC users.

GangGreen
6th Dec 2003, 14:17
My pleasure oldschool...we all have to help each other through this difficult time LOL.

The thing that just makes my blood boil is the fact that you can't quicksave. How can anyone deny this is a console game when you have to escape to the menu, choose save, select a slot and then escape back into the game (twice)???

We're PC users dammit! We save with ONE KEYSTROKE! And they couldn't program that in there for us why????