PDA

View Full Version : Working Fine, Good FPS

Jevulen
5th Dec 2003, 20:21
Well, first I installed the game, and notice incredibly bad performance, and I was majorly dissappointed at the crappy gameplay.

(still dissappointed at the gameplay, why did they only make changes for the bad?)

Anyway, I tried some tweaks mentioned here, and then noticed I hadn't updated my Nforce2-drivers nor my Detonator-drivers.

So I went of to nVidias homepage and pulled the latest driverupdates there, obviously no longer Detonator, but ForceWork or something.

And now it all runs very good at 1024x768 on my

Athlon 2800+
512 DDR 333MHz Ram
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 AGP 8X
Abit NF7-S 2.0 Mainboard with nForce2.0
Soundblaster live 5.1 (ain't using the on board soundcard)

DXman
5th Dec 2003, 20:32
So far, I enjoy this game. Dont know why so many peeps dislike it. The game runs fine on my machine. Although I wished the system requirements weren't this steep. The gameplay is pretty cool, but not as good as DX1. DX2 would be one of my top 5 shooters games this year. Nice work Ion Storm :)

Jevulen
5th Dec 2003, 20:36
I think the removed alot of the game when they removed the Skills-system, quite frankly, I do not often see big reason to do "sidequests" if I don't get skill as a reward. And IMO the new biomodsystem stinks as well. But this isn't the forum to discuss these issues, with this thread I only wanted to tell people that updating ones drivers can easily give one double the FPS, as it did in my case, earlier on I got like 15 fps with bloom off and everything in the lower region of the settings, now I am 60fps with bloom on and settings on max. :)

Grey Mouser
5th Dec 2003, 21:36
Originally posted by Jevulen
....with this thread I only wanted to tell people that updating ones drivers can easily give one double the FPS,

GREAT GOBS OF GEESE!!! REALLY!?!?
[errr, sorry...I am beginning to get tired of people who won't take advice that they ask for...]

The Sage
5th Dec 2003, 22:11
Jevulen that is quite unusal that you can play it fine at 1024x768 when we nearly have identical setups..

i have the same motherboard.

i have a slightly better GFX card and CPU.

We have the same memory.

Though i cannot play this game at 640x480.

So the only things that could be a problem are:

RAID HDD Setup

or

My onboard sound.

I will try disabling onboard sound i guess.. nothing i can do about RAID.

Tahiro
5th Dec 2003, 22:13
I have a 10x stronger setup and i cant play it on 640x480 :p

Something is VERY strange here.

And yes i am using the latest nvidia drivers.

Jevulen
6th Dec 2003, 15:59
Originally posted by The Sage
Jevulen that is quite unusal that you can play it fine at 1024x768 when we nearly have identical setups..

i have the same motherboard.

i have a slightly better GFX card and CPU.

We have the same memory.

Though i cannot play this game at 640x480.

So the only things that could be a problem are:

RAID HDD Setup

or

My onboard sound.

I will try disabling onboard sound i guess.. nothing i can do about RAID.

I'm not using Raid, so that might be it.

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP1, got some gigabytes free space on my Windowsdrive as well as on my Installdrive. (didn't install in default folder).

Don't think I changed anything other than these things to make it run perfect.

McErono
6th Dec 2003, 16:10
I think u already know it but who knows:

u have to put multisampling to 2x instead of 1x (strange isnt it?)

and bloom deactivates AA and AF so it could be faster with bloom enabled but in my opinion it looks like **** with bloom turned on... (like some xbox version... lol)

and give this tweaker a try!: http://www.deusexzone.info/downloads.php?file_id=454

as I said in another thread, with this tweaker u dont have to change the ini's urself and I have a very smooth game on 1024x768 with AA (2xmulitsampling in the ingame options) and 8xAF

PellaeonSZ
6th Dec 2003, 18:12
Why 2x multisampling?

McErono
6th Dec 2003, 18:18
dunno!!! with 1x multisampling in the game options i've got around 2fps (no ****!) with 2x its much better...

got 3ghz, 512DDR and a 9700pro with the latest cat. 3.10...

Zem
6th Dec 2003, 18:54
You guys might consider using the onboard Soundstorm audio on those nForce2 motherboards. Works fine for me on my Asus A7N8X board AND it gives 3D sound, which as far as I've heard isn't working on any Creative sound card with this game yet.

Jevulen
6th Dec 2003, 19:21
Originally posted by Zem
You guys might consider using the onboard Soundstorm audio on those nForce2 motherboards. Works fine for me on my Asus A7N8X board AND it gives 3D sound, which as far as I've heard isn't working on any Creative sound card with this game yet.

I only got two loudspeakers so it doesn't really matter for me.

Reason I use the Soundblaster is that I get choppy sound in some xvid-videos with the nForce2-soundcard.