PDA

View Full Version : What a pile of CRAP

bobgroz2001
5th Dec 2003, 20:20
I can't believe that this game has even been released. It is HORRIBLE. I have a top end system - AMD FX-51 processor (faster than P4 3.2), 1GB 400MZ RAM,
ATI Raedon 9800 PRO XT.

This game is BARELY playable at 1024 x 768. That resolution on my sony GDM F500 21 inch monitor is ridiculous.

Settings WON"t SAVE. The game starts at 640x480 and all my control settings get LOST. It has to be set up everytime I start the game.

The graphics are horrible. Quake2 looked better than this.

Daikatana, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, and now this pile of crap.

AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS BEING BLAMED ON DRIVERS. MY DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE AND EVERY GAME I OWN RUNS FINE EXCEPT FOR THIS. THIS IS NOT DRVERS PROBLEM - THIS IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF PERIOD.

piehole
5th Dec 2003, 21:06
Incredible system you got there.

Buying a game that we have been waiting for, hoping that it is a worthy successor to the first PC title... only to find it is a huge pile of suck on the PC... ugh.

I have an XBOX, but I will only buy the PC version and only if they patch it till it plays like a proper PC game.

Meteor_of_War
5th Dec 2003, 21:18
Originally posted by bobgroz2001
Settings WON"t SAVE. The game starts at 640x480 and all my control settings get LOST. It has to be set up everytime I start the game.

Do some research first before you make an ass out of yourself.

http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=206212

Rowsdower
6th Dec 2003, 03:27

Forcing players to go into the freakin' .ini file just to make the game do something as basic as saving the graphic settings is lazy, awful programming. Please direct your ire appropriately.

homercles
6th Dec 2003, 04:48
Originally posted by Rowsdower
Forcing players to go into the freakin' .ini file just to make the game do something as basic as saving the graphic settings is lazy, awful programming. Please direct your ire appropriately.

Agreed, but this game was designed and made for the LCD (least common denominator, eg, crapBox). I have played around with the config file and am happy to report that im playing at 1024x768 with most stuff (everything but AA) maxed on a mediocre sys. Its ridiculous that this PC game came out with crapBox default settings, but deal with it. THe game is EASILY improved by tweaking the config file. ENJOY! :D

BTW, there is no tweaking that will make the game "look good."

bobgroz2001
6th Dec 2003, 05:15
Yes that's for sure. I can't believe how "butt ugly" this game is. The graphics in the first one were way better.

It's such ashame for a game that could have been so good - to be so ugly.

spang
6th Dec 2003, 05:18
No amount of diddling with the .ini file changes the framerate one iota. The fact is that this was not made for your so-called "LCD (least common denominator, eg, crapBox)." it was designed for the XBOX. That is painfully apparant. I have demanded a refund from these assh*les, and while they have informed me that the only recourse is to return to them for a product of equal or similar value, I am not inclined to accept as a substitute another of their *****ty games. I suspect that if enough people demand a refund for their DEFECTIVE product, they will comply.

If you bought a car, but it wouldn't have the wheels put on for a while until it was PATCHED, you'd call your ******** lawyer. If you bought a car that was advertised as being able to go 80 MPH, you'd be enraged if it turned out it could barely make 20 MPH, and yet the equivalent is blandly accepted as routine here. Ion Storm has really gone too far however, releasing an UNPLAYABLE game. The gaming industry needs to pull it's ***** together, Ion Storm / Eidos in particular.

Deleted Scenes
6th Dec 2003, 05:37
Originally posted by Meteor_of_War

http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=206212

He shouldn't HAVE to do any research. The damn game should work on it's own accord. It is not our responsibility to fix the mistakes of the sloppy developers. If they couldn't be bothered to fix the game by the time it had to be released, they should have at least had a PATCH on Day 1.

ICE-MAN-77
6th Dec 2003, 15:45
:mad: I AGREE ALL THE MF WAY WITH YOU ON THAT ONE.:mad:

jamesyb100
6th Dec 2003, 21:33
I agree with what most of you are saying but your are being really harsh ( BTW I loved the Car / Software Analigy :))

I'm not saying your not entitled to be furious but have any of you ever and I mean ever complemented a developer on a patch or fix

looking through this forum there are alot of similarly technical minded people striving towards a solution via different routes E.g. the tweaking of the default.INI

I am making a Plea to anyone who has a solution to ANY problem major or minor. Post it you'll be helping the whole community In individual and appropreatly named threads

P.S. Sorry about the spelling, it never was my Forte

ICE-MAN-77
6th Dec 2003, 21:43
:eek: Omg thiers something called beta test before a game realeases to make sure it works right out the box and isn't a total piece of **** i mean come on i didnt pay 50$ to fix a broken game just so i could play it.:mad:

Digital Ruin
6th Dec 2003, 21:58
That's exactly what I think.... it's pretty funny that when a problem pops up like not having your settings saved that they NEVER noticed it in beta testing? Or maybe the fact that it SAYS right in the readme or on the website that ATI has problems when running over a 1xAA. What kind of a joke is that? Does anyone with a good card want to run 1xAA??? No way! Unreal looked 10x better than this... Max Payne 2 looked WAY better than this... hell Quake 3 looks better than this.

If they screw up Thief 3 I'm going to be so pissed I'll never buy something for IS or Eidos again. It's another game that is going to be released for xbox as well and developed by IS.

jamesyb100
6th Dec 2003, 23:14
[i]If they screw up Thief 3 I'm going to be so pissed I'll never buy something for IS or Eidos again. It's another game that is going to be released for xbox as well and developed by IS. [/B]

That's a lie G and you know it. O.K you might not buy it but you'd still get it

Digital Ruin
6th Dec 2003, 23:25
Notice I used the word "buy" ;)

I actualy payed the 50$ for Deus Ex and look what I got out of it... a headache and no fun. That's what you get when you actually are interested in buying it when it first comes out.