PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Releases Lately?

KR_Dragon
5th Dec 2003, 08:50
Here is a list of games that worked out-of-box: (PC)

Descent 3
Freespace 2
Apocalyptica
Unreal Gold
Unreal 2: The Awakening
UT2003
Need For Speed Underground
Splinter Cell
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Spiderman Movie
Chaos Legion
Diablo
Diablo 2
Warcraft 3

Here is a list of games with significant bugs out-of-box: (PC)

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
DEUS EX 2: INVISIBLE WAR (Coincidence?)
Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy
Savage
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy In Harms Way
Enter The Matrix
Dungeon Siege
007 Nightfire
Need For Speed: Hot Persuit 2
Microsoft Rallisport Challenge
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Sim City 4
Doom 3
Indiana Jones and The Emporers Tomb
TES III: Morrowind
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield
Madden 2002
Enclave
TRON 2.0
Neverwinter Nights
Freelancer

Does anyone see this pattern... This should be a hint to developers who realease buggy, poor performing, and not thoroughly tested software.

But, the demo didnt work and the developers didnt care enough to answer my technical questions, nor many others as I can tell. Tech support is useless nowadays. Trained monkeys can sit on the phone and tell you to update your drivers, click on something that isn't going to help... Then tell you that there is nothing that they can do when it doesnt work... And it usually doesnt 99.9999% of the time....

DivineRight
5th Dec 2003, 10:29
Hehe, Splinter Cell didn't work right for me out of the box. I needed to get the patch. I had huge glares through walls and such.

Heliophobe
5th Dec 2003, 11:18
yeah, its kinda dumb that so many games these days are nigh-on (or completely) unplayable out of the box. most of the time these days you either have to wait for a patch or fix the thing yourself.

DX2 is one of these it would seem.

evx
5th Dec 2003, 20:27
If every game was given appropriate attention and was EXTREMELY flexible with it's release date, every game would end up like any one of Blizzards stunningly late releases.