PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] The Abyss

Raziel'sRevenge
5th Dec 2003, 00:18
Where the heck was the abyss during Defiance?!? And when Kain killed(or hurt, whatever) the Elder God where was that.

first-born
5th Dec 2003, 00:42
the two you wonder about is one and the same, that ciradel becomes the abyss later on, i submitted a new thread and am waiting for it to be oked by umah and chris, but it tells all the evidence of why they're the same, they both contain three murals, a spirit forge, and a citadel/ruins, the elder was trying to bury kain and raz, maybe he ended up burying himself and tried to break free and inadvertantly created the abyss

Morcilla
5th Dec 2003, 01:30
I'm not sold on that. The Abyss is is the Lake of the Dead, but the Abyss did not exist in BO1 time period. In BO1 there was the entrance to that Lost City or whatever that was full of werewolves, that was on an island in the Lake of the Dead.
In all fairness, it's a nice theory, considering that I do believe the lake (and thus the Abyss) were to the west of the Pillars just like the Citadel, and that the Citadel appears, at least in concept art, to be separated by water from the mainland. However, the fact that this was an explorable area in BO1 goes against it as does that I believe Amy said in the official Q&A with blincoln that they weren't the same place or that the Citadel wasn't on the lake of the dead or something of that nature.

first-born
5th Dec 2003, 02:03
ive read MOST interviews with amy and the werewolves could be the cenobites, you know those humans dressed like animals in defiance

DestinyOfKain
5th Dec 2003, 02:15
yea, I really can agree with you about the whole Abyss\Citadel theory...it makes a lot of sense, I mean, look at the part where we see EG staring at Kain the same way we first saw him in LoK:SR1 when he was staring at Raziel saying "You are worthy".

I just spent the afternoon playing the older games looking for things and came across that, too.

Is it me or is the spirit forge symbol the same as the portal symbol in SR1?

btw..where can I get that official Q&A?

first-born
5th Dec 2003, 02:26
check the archives its given me many that blinc found, or blinc's site the lost worlds (http://www.thelostworlds.net) he may have saved them, if you have qs the most knowledgable is usually blinc, he'll link to similar threads and tell all about inside info and deleted material and interviews, if he aint a hardcore fan i dont know who is, nearly everyone says 'where's blinc' when asked a q they dont know, or they speculate

Raziel'sRevenge
7th Dec 2003, 05:52
Hmmm, the idea that the Elder God accidentally buried himself in the abyss, but in BO1 I rember Vorador saying something like "Be careful Kain, we wouldn't want to lose you to the abyss" so that kinda messes things up, but I'm not sure

DestinyOfKain
8th Dec 2003, 03:16
Vorador:
Good. Take this ring. If you ever need assistance it will summon me. Despite your youthful arrogance, you amuse me, Kain - it would be such a pity to lose you to the Abyss.
Now be gone!

http://www.nosgoth.net/Blood_Omen/dialogue/page4.htm#vorador

just thought it'd be cool to get the quote word for word and provide a link to it.....

Raziel'sRevenge.......I completely forgot about the time Vorador said that, see I played that game years ago so it's the one storyline I least remember considering that I look at the story and modify it with each sequel.

Vorador saying that isn't good! that is a loaded statement.... Umah or Blincoln, mind pitching in a thought?

kakarot
8th Dec 2003, 05:32
Originally posted by first-born
ive read MOST interviews with amy and the werewolves could be the cenobites, you know those humans dressed like animals in defiance
the cenobites are those sorcerers with white robes you encounter in avernus with Kain after you flee the demon relm. I discovered so from Prima's official strategy guide. They have a name for those funky looking animal dressed fools in the book but I cant recall the name at this moment... that book is dope though has the overview map of all areas.. a collector's item definitely if anything.