PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Probelm in Inclinator Facility

JonasAK
4th Dec 2003, 20:41
I like everyone else, am very dissapointed with how slow this game runs on my system:

Alienware Laptop:
P4 2.66GHz
1 gig of RAM
Radeon 9000
etc.

I have turned of bloom and am playing the game at 800x600 with decent results right now.

My main problem right now, is that when I leave upper seattle to get to lower seattle, once I enter the Inclinator facility every object that I get close to goes compeltely white. Walls, boxes, character models, everything whites out to the point where I can't see a thing. All models, colors and textures are fine at a longer range but up close nothing is distinguishable.

It makes that level completly unplayable. I opened a door, couldn't see anything, but a bot could see me boy. Soon I was walking swiss cheese.

Anyone else having this problem? And if so have any tweaks with details worked?

Thanks all and cheers.

Catman
5th Dec 2003, 16:22
Just moving this to page 1 in hopes that one of the tech folks can help.

Grey Mouser
5th Dec 2003, 18:26
Hi JonasAK,

That is a rather weird problem. 'We NEVER test on laptops' (for a variety of reasons, we do not support our games on laptops) and all, but based on the hardware it should work.

Best suggestion at the moment: Update the on-board Radeon driver. What version of it is running right now? If it is not 'equivalent' to the current Catalyst 3.9 drivers that may be part of the reason.

Also, make sure under the Windows Display Properties settings that you have the anti-aliasing and anisiotropic filtering set to 'application controlled'.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of for you to try at present is mucking around with the refresh settings for the display screen...try it at about 75Mhz to start.

I'll see if I can borrow a friends laptop to try the game on though, maybe I'll see something I am not thinking of right now.

DaIrishdrunk
5th Dec 2003, 20:48
I had the same exact problem on that level, though instead of white mine was a more light brown color. Hasn't happened on any other level yet (though when I talked to a Tina next to the Greasel Pit fight pit my game crashed and the save was corrupted).

But I am also using an Alienware laptop
P4 2.8GHz
512megs of ram
Radeon 9000

I play the game at 640x480 with the latest drivers (fixed a earlier graphics problem)

JonasAK
6th Dec 2003, 20:45
Thanks for the help Grey Mouser,

Unfortunatly it didn't work. I managed to make my way through the facility hoping that I wouldn't run into the problem again.

I did, this time in Ms. Sak's hanger. Same problem, but instead of complete white out, I got light blue out.

Thought I'd post again and try to bump it up.

Thanks again and cheers.

dcpDarkMatter
7th Dec 2003, 01:33
I'm having the same graphical problems as well, but I'm not playing it on a laptop. However, I do have the same video card as the other poster here, a Radeon 9000. So now that there's three of us with the same problem, and we all have the same video card, there might just be something to this problem we're experiencing.

Rahbi
7th Dec 2003, 02:27
This makes four of us with the same problem...

I'm also running a 9000.

Is anyone with a different video card having the same problem?:confused:

DeadBunny
7th Dec 2003, 05:02
Figured i'd post about having the same problem on an Alienware Laptop with a Radeon 9000. Am i screwed? I was really getting into the game when this crap shows up...

Rahbi
7th Dec 2003, 06:37
I know what you mean, I been waiting the last couple years for this game to come out...

.:confused:..funny thing is, when I picked up the SMG gun in the Inclinator facility, the problem almost went away.... I have no idea why, but the video "almost" went back to normal, at least enough to make the level a lot easier....

...but the SMG trick didn't help when I got to Sak's Hangar....

hopefully that helps the techs figure out the bug a bit quicker knowing that SMG trick.....also I'm running it on a home system, not a laptop.

....before I go on in the game and get further frustrated, does anyone know if the problem occurs after Sak's Hangar, because I'll go back to playing Call Of Duty for awhile until the bug gets fixed. I really want to get all the enjoyment I possibly can out of Deus X IW, without the frustration.

super...
7th Dec 2003, 15:03
I don’t think it's the lap top that is doing this. As I’m having the same trouble on my system as well, I have the tan color on mine also sak's hanger had the same problem but was light blue. No amount of rebooting solved the problem. But there are still ways to beat the level with out peripheral vision. If any one could tell me how to get my system specs I would post them.

jkelly
7th Dec 2003, 20:07
Same problem, also using Radeon. Happens one location/level. Getting beige, white, tan colour on any objects in the foreground. Makes the locations almost unplayable, and certainly unenjoyable.

super...
8th Dec 2003, 03:31
also got the Radeon.

Dunkerque
8th Dec 2003, 05:34
Same problem with Laptop. That and something else :

My mouse in menu isn't working

My laptop is a fairly new Toshiba Tecra S1 (4 months old)

1.5 Centrino
512 DDR
Radeon 9000

dcpDarkMatter
8th Dec 2003, 06:34
Using my great psychic powers, I see a trend emerging... ;)

super...
8th Dec 2003, 21:03
I also just down loaded the newest driver for the card and the problem still persists. Good news is I have not found this bug any where but the hanger and inclinator, but I have only gotten to the green house.

m112880
9th Dec 2003, 04:08
I have a desktop with a P4 2.4, 512 ram, and the ATI Radeon 9200 and i have this problem also.

Rahbi
9th Dec 2003, 05:59
Earlier I mentioned I'm having the graphic problem....

Someone just mentioned a mouse related problem which I am also having....Menu mouse doesn't work..it just sits in the center of the menus.

I wonder if that's also a Radeon issue.

Grozbul
10th Dec 2003, 01:07
I have exactly the same problem with my 9000.

As for the mouse, check this page, it helped me: http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=206212

Neostrider
12th Dec 2003, 00:23
I also have this problem. it has to be something easy to fix, a patch would do wonders for fixing this, maybe a graphical backdoor or something. I don't know... Its furiating cause My laptop is still considered up-to-date but the graphic card (mobility radeon 9000) isn't being supported. Too many people are using this to have it be ignored. I hope the developers see this and add a small fix to this problem so the many of us who are having this problem will continue to buy their products without fear of hardware issues.

DeadBunny
12th Dec 2003, 01:05
DOwnload the drivers from www.omegacenter.com . They solved the graphical issue on my ALienware Laptop with a Radeon Mobility 9000.

therealkeitaro
12th Dec 2003, 02:02
well i tried to download the drivers and i keep getting an "inf file not found" error. i have an alienware laptop with a Mobility 9000. how did you get past this errror?

DeadBunny
12th Dec 2003, 02:49
Yeah i had that wierd error to, you just have to install the drivers manually through the control panel.

Grozbul
12th Dec 2003, 02:52
Yeah, I had that too with the drivers.

I can't access to the omegacenter web site.
And does this solve the 'white screen' problem ?

DeadBunny
12th Dec 2003, 03:05
Oh, for those who dont know how to manually install drivers, heres how its done in WindowsXP:

Goto: controlpanel/system/hardware/devicemanager/displayadaptors

right click on your vidcard, select properties, Drivers tab/Update Driver

select install from specific location then hit Next

select Don't search and hit next

if the Omega driver does not appear on the list, select Have Disk and point it where you unzipped the INF file for the Omega drivers. Typically C:\Program Files\Radeon Omega Drivers v2.4.96c\2KXP_INF for WindsXP, but your's may differ.

Now hit OK and your good to go.

mrmetal_53
12th Dec 2003, 07:24
rahbi, do you have a laptop?

nm, jk, im dumb

nydelaware
17th Dec 2003, 02:27
I had the same problem with an ATI 9000 on an AMD 1.2. I resolved it by downloading and installing the latest drivers from the ATI web site. It's run great since then. I'm almost finished the Cairo levels and I haven't had a glitch since installing the new drivers.

irishman
26th Dec 2003, 05:26
I am also having the same problem with the same Raedon Mobility 9000 card. Its in a dell Latitude 600. Im wary about downloading third party graphics drivers, but I may try them.

Irishman

irishman
27th Dec 2003, 01:51
Just FYI for anyone else having this problem (in future searches or something). I downloaded the Omega graphics Drivers and it resolved the problem.

BentTwig
27th Dec 2003, 10:31
I also have an alienware laptop with the same problem. Now that I am in the club, installing the omega drivers will fix this problem right? Does anyone know if other games are affected negatively by this set of drivers? I don't wanna install different drivers every time I play a different game.