PDA

View Full Version : spots in faces and other objects.

mickel
4th Dec 2003, 19:28
:rolleyes: all right whats the deal?;how long before a patch for this game is released;im running this game with;xp pro-2800 mhz pent.4- 1 gig of mem at 256 mhz in duel ddr -2 in zero raid western raptors{10000 rpm}-1 256 mem ATI 9800 pro with 4X Anti-Aliasing with 4X Anisotropic Filtering enabled- A ViewSonic P225fb-4 at 75 Hertz Refeshrate at 1280 by 1024 at 32bit. And im getting spots in the game like i did in the demo???.do i have this game set to high?or is there a patch thats gona take care of this for me.P.S. this is the GAME i love the most and the one before this one.Please dont ever stop with newer versions of this game its not number 0ne for nothing;thanks for the time ,mickel:D

Grey Mouser
4th Dec 2003, 19:32
For the moment, try setting Multisampling (in-game) down to 1X...let me know whether or not that correct the 'spots' issue you are getting.

mickel
4th Dec 2003, 19:54
Sorry;should have said that [in game] was set to 1X multisampling;should i set this to a higher rate[in game] to try and fix this?thanks mickel:)

Quillan
4th Dec 2003, 20:30
Check your video card settings and make sure you arent forcing FSAA in the parameters. They said the graphical anomalies you are seeing are a known issue with the Radeon cards, and will be fixed in an upcoming driver release. I suspect that your card settings are forcing FSAA to run, rather than allowing it to be chosen through the program. Right click on your desktop, select the Active Desktop and then Customize My Desktop tabs. On the popup that appears, pick the Settings tab, then hit the Advanced button. Now, find the tab that controls your settings (I am not at home, and forget which it is), make sure it's set to Application Preference. If you have that off, and the sliders are over to 4x FSAA (for example), changing the Multisampling toggle in game won't do a thing, you will be at Multisampling 4 all the time.

Grey Mouser
4th Dec 2003, 22:31
What he said. :)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that if you have your video card display properties set to force FSAA instead of 'application controlled' that you would still see the 'spots'.

As far as we can tell, this is a driver-related issue (it does not occur in older versions of ATI software) that should be fixed by ATI 'sometime soon'.

nightspore
5th Dec 2003, 02:31
In the demo version I fixed this by turning off bloom rather than AA. I think it's a problem with the combination of bloom & AA. Without bloom I was able to run 6x AA with no spots.

dipdipdip
5th Dec 2003, 06:29
Yes. In the full version, I also resolved this by turning off bloom. Hopefully this will get resolved in patch, 'cause the bloom effect is pretty nifty.

tzaddik18
5th Dec 2003, 15:27
Is the "spot" effect your are speaking of look like shadows dancing across each little triangle making up characters? If so i have this issue with my Geforce fx 5900 (52.16 drivers). It does not effect environments, only other characters.

I am running 1024x768 with 2x multisampling (lowering to 1x did not help) with high shadows and detail (lowering these did not help either).

dipdipdip
5th Dec 2003, 16:57
They do also appear on the environments for me. It was especially bad in Alex's apartment for whatever reason.

nightspore
5th Dec 2003, 17:26
Originally posted by tzaddik18
Is the "spot" effect your are speaking of look like shadows dancing across each little triangle making up characters? If so i have this issue with my Geforce fx 5900 (52.16 drivers). It does not effect environments, only other characters.

I am running 1024x768 with 2x multisampling (lowering to 1x did not help) with high shadows and detail (lowering these did not help either).

No, this is more like little bits of static, and I got it only on NPC faces when in conversation mode inside the Greasel Bar.