PDA

View Full Version : Fullgame problem "Save" "Enter area"

Mireneye
4th Dec 2003, 17:34
Well ive been having thi strange problem, you se ive come t a point where i am to leave the "Building" you are in at the Beginning, i have made myself to the exit where "mei Chen" that order-girl anyway. and i step into the Elevator and When it makes a Current save. the game Crashes to desktop. THis also happens when i try to save normally. beforehand i Could save. But not now.

any help would be appriciated. :D

Okay, some changes to this: Actually the only problem is The Save. If i save by my own will, or if it Updates the current save "BOTH CHRASHES"

DaIrishdrunk
4th Dec 2003, 17:47
I had/have the same problem. Took me a good two or three tries before I could load the next level without crashing. This also happened with the Emerald Suites and a few other places the first time I loaded them.

Sorry, but the only way I've gotten through the problems is to keep trying until it finally works

Mireneye
4th Dec 2003, 18:01
I tried that Around 10-15 times. [Shrugs] Well Thanks anyway...
Any other suggestion ?

Galnor
5th Dec 2003, 06:23
Same problem here. Game is crashing on saves. Both manual save and auto save (switch to a new area). Hoping there is some fix for this.

Mireneye
5th Dec 2003, 07:45
Well, i just replayed teh game from the beginning and since then i have been playing for 12 houers and everything working just fine.
Hopes for everyone to get this problem solved.

samburgy
5th Dec 2003, 09:13
Same problem here only it's not crashing. It won't recognize that I havd a CD in the drive. It then brings up a window telling me this but works when I hit the "Retry" button. A bit annoying. Oddly enough this doesn't happen if I change areas quickly, I think it has something to do with the access time on my DVD drive. There's a file called Ion Launcher.exe on the game disc which, if clicked, does the same thing if the drive is not already spinning.

By the way, nice releasing a crappy console port for what could have and should have been a great game Eidos...

It may be visually stunning and impressive to an Xboxer, but it's nowhere near as sophisticated as the original Deus Ex game was for the PC. I have a high end system with latest drivers and can't get a mildly decent framerate. Anyone remember the abortion known as Ultima 9?