PDA

View Full Version : Sudden crashes to desktop after playing fine for hours

Meteor_of_War
4th Dec 2003, 04:27
Just picked up the full version of IW tonight and have been playing for the past 3 hours without a problem (liking it so far by the way). Then all of a sudden in a certain part of the Vox Club level the game keeps crashing to the desktop with no error message. I restarted the game 3 times after the first crash and it continued to crash to the desktop everytime after that on the same part. I'm assuming there's no known solution for this problem yet but i figured i'd post about it.

My specs:

AthlonXP 3000+
9800 Pro 128mb
Asus nforce2 A7N8X 2.0
2x512mb of Corsair pc3200 DDR RAM
WindowsXP Pro

Gage_S3
5th Dec 2003, 02:49
Well -- think I figured out what's happening... somewhat...

I too am having crash-to-desktops arround that area in the game - and I also have the Radeon 9800 Pro 128 >_<

My solution. SAVE ALOT =P

Meteor_of_War
5th Dec 2003, 14:12
heh, good advice. Although i already do that, too bad there's no quick save/load feature though...makes saving and loading too time consuming.

Meteor_of_War
8th Dec 2003, 15:03
Bump...

I'm still having this same problem, game crashes to desktop without any error message after playing for an hour or so.:( I just want to keep the subject on the first page of the forums, hopefully the devs are aware. I'm hoping the patch will fix this, does anyone know of a listing of known problems that are being addressed in the patch?