PDA

View Full Version : Crashes everytime I try to save

Metus
4th Dec 2003, 03:41
Here's a fun new problem: I keep crashing whenever I try to save. I thought it may just be the location, or just my efforts, so I let it try to autosave when I was leaving the level. Crash.

What a great way to start this game off.

Merlyn
6th Dec 2003, 04:53
lol, now i too can add this to the myriad of things that don't work for me. I used to be able to save just fine, in fact i had to so that i could combat the sound glitches that i've been having, but now i crash to the desktop every time i try to save or it tries to autosave... I hope this gets fixed real soon!

MattMacD
12th Dec 2003, 16:40
I have this problem as well. -_- No workaround?

mgeorge
12th Dec 2003, 17:36
No I don't think there is a workaround. I have tried every single thing posted on these threads for a fix, and while I appreciate all the help people have been giving me, and I mean that sincerely, this is the fault of the devs, Eidos, and Ion Storm. We need a patch and we need it now!

ced0412
12th Dec 2003, 19:34
I've got the same problem now as well.

The only thing I can find is that the My Documents / Deus Ex / Saves is reset to read only after each start of the game, even after unchecking it.

This could possibly cause a problem if the game tries to write over a save, doesnt really explain not being able to make a new save.

Mine started this when auto saving going into seattle for the first time.

It would be alot of help if anyone with a working install can check the properties of their documents save games folders.

gooser
14th Dec 2003, 04:31
Same problem here too! Everytime I try to save it crashes to the desktop. Tried setting Windows 2000 compatability mode but doesn't make a difference.

untweakable
14th Dec 2003, 22:44
I had that same problem, turns out the only thing that worked was just restarting the game from a previous/another save. I think that the save was corrupt or something, havent had any problems since then.

good luck.

Toxe
15th Dec 2003, 15:40
The same problem with me. And it happend in the Tarsus Laboratories as well.

I try to save and the game crashes. I try to leave the level (to Upper Seattle or whastever come next), the game tries to autosave and crashes again...

I will start with a new game now and this time I will use more save slots. Most of the time I used only quicksave... not a good idea. ;)

BTW: I'm using patch 1.1 and Win2000.

To the Devs/Support: I can send you my save game if that helps finding this bug.