PDA

View Full Version : ATI 7500 and others; Special “Driver” development

alexus
3rd Dec 2003, 19:57
Ok, we know that we got a problem with Ati 7500 and earlier video cards (and probably with other cards that does not support new technologies…)

Well, I got one of them, and I don’t think it is bed …

128Mb DDR Ram, 400MHz GPU, X8

Is that sound like not powerful video card specifications? No!

-

So I will try to get same people to write special type of app that will analyze comp. parameters, analyze resources usage… and then emulate some hardware requirements and technologies… by using not used sys resource… +App will be automatically adjust for ANY game…

So, maybe somebody would like to help me in developing this type of app? Game developers? Vendors?

And yes I know such apps exist, but they not working well and they are not “smart”.

PS: To moderators: I know you closed treat about “Pixel Shading 1.1” but please do not close this one. It is beneficial for both sides!

PS2: By the way I was able to run games such as Splinter Cell on 3dfx Voodoo 5, by using such type of program… well dynamic light didn’t work but still game was running…

Scotte727
4th Dec 2003, 07:42
Hey,

I just got this game from the store and to my surprise I CANT PLAY THE DAMN THING!!! On the website it sayd nothing bout specific cards it only sayd that pixel shader was made for the demo and in the full retail version that shouldnt be a problem!?!?! Is there a way to turn Pixel shader off??? IS there a program i can use?!?! Im desperate! Waited for this game for years now i have it and cant even play it !?! I got me an ATI Mobile 7500 32 meg video card and everything else is in order!!! Advice?

Pooeypants
4th Dec 2003, 13:40
Oh let's make the game run on a Pentium 133 or even a x486!! :rolleyes:

alexus
5th Dec 2003, 05:06
X486? Fine, but it will run on remote cluster and it will be called Doom2 :cool:

Pupples
5th Dec 2003, 08:40
Originally posted by Pooeypants
Oh let's make the game run on a Pentium 133 or even a x486!! :rolleyes:

I've got a Pentium 4 and this piece of crap game doesn't run.

Razzr_TonyDa
5th Dec 2003, 10:52
Originally posted by Pupples
I've got a Pentium 4 and this piece of crap game doesn't run.

Give it to us! We want's IT! Our precious!!! :D :D :D