PDA

View Full Version : Mouse & Video Problems (And possibly more)

Merlyn
3rd Dec 2003, 19:25
Okay, first off, i just want to mention that if the game isn't installed to the default directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Deus Ex - Invisible War\...."), it doesn't seem to run at all. Which is a pain cause i almost never install games to the Program Files directory. But anyway, thats not my main problem right now. I installed the game and got it to load fine. I adjusted my video settings and then started a new game. But when it load the first level (it froze there once, but worked fine all the other times). It puts me into the game and the screen is flashing between the game and black screens. Also, the mouse seems to be outside of the window (i.e. on the desktop or something). I can move it, which controls looking around, and I can do all the keyboard commands, but when i left or right click the mouse, it exits out of the game to the desktop. I can alt-tab back in, or click on the box in the taskbar to get back in, but when i click again i'm right back out...

Does that make any sense to anyone, cause i'm confusing myself now....

Anyway, I made sure I have the latest video and sound drivers, and the latest directx (9.0b).

Here are my system specs if they help at all.

P4 2.4GHz
VIA P4PB FL Mainboard
512MB DDR 333MHz RAM
Geforce FX 5600Ultra 128MB (Gainward Golden Sample Model) w/ Video Capture
SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer

Oh, and I didn't have any of these problems with the demo. The demo worked fine, except for the fact that after a short while the sound would stop functioning and it would eventually crash unless I saved the game and then loaded the game (which somehow fixed the sound).

Anyway, I hope you can help!

Merlyn
3rd Dec 2003, 19:47
Okay, just an update to my previous post. Apparently, The Ion Storm Launcher doesn't shutdown properly after the level is loaded. When I forced that to close, the flickering went away and the mouse worked properly. Its still a pain to do though.