PDA

View Full Version : Will DX:IW be patched to work on MX cards?

Shockwave1985
3rd Dec 2003, 05:03
THat's all what I really want to know if the game will be work later for the "crappier" graphic cards or chipsets. I see no one saying that, give us some info if the game will work later than telling us that the lousy demo doesn't work.

Pooeypants
3rd Dec 2003, 10:57
Ok, for the thousandth time.
Pixel shaders required in game engine = no PS no play

end of story.

Pixel shader capable cards have been around for nearly 3 years...time to upgrade. And even if you could play it with dx7 tech cards...would you want to? I mean it'll be a freakin slideshow anyway.

RedLegg
3rd Dec 2003, 15:51
Really for the final time:

There are no current plans to provide support for hardware that in not currently supported.

If that possiblility becomes possible, we'll post it here.

Regards,

Pixel Shader
4th Dec 2003, 21:25
I have just bought the game the day it came out and I was really excited when I got it, but even though I researched the games hardware requirments over and over. I thought nothing could go wrong until a PIXEL SHADER v1.1 came up and a black screen also. I'm really sad now. What is Pixel Shading? and why do I need it? What is a cheap Nvidia Card with it? How much is it? Has this hapenned to you? Take poll.

Nexus51
4th Dec 2003, 21:33
I get the same thing and here are my comp specs:

Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
256 MB RAM SD-RAM Noname
GeForce4 MX 420
DX 9.0b

Is it because I have an MX card?

Pixel Shader
4th Dec 2003, 21:35
DUH!

Pixel Shader
4th Dec 2003, 21:36
I have a Gainward GeForce Ti

Evldudprod
4th Dec 2003, 23:12
"Pixel shader capable cards have been around for nearly 3 years...time to upgrade."

This and other "I'm better than you" comments are starting to irritate probably more people than me.

I have a Dell computer, with a 2.53 GHZ pentium4, and 768 mb of ram. I'm running directx 9. As you could guess I have a geforce 4 mx420 card. So obviously playing this game is beyond my capabilities.
Allow me to express some irritation, however, at being shut out of the game because of one missing feature.
I was just playing unreal II in 1024x768, clocking probably around 60 fps. It's stunning graphics don't slow this down a bit.

This is the first game I've ever seen that exclusively requires pixel shaders, I've heard Half Life 2 and Doom3 will both have them but will support play without them.

The responses by some individuals with the ever present "time to upgrade" "why are you running such a piece of *****" etc just irritates the hell out of me.
This is the only game that thinks of this computer as a piece of *****. I know it must be easy for people that have it all in thier computers to think those who don't are just stupid, and can't understand why others can't just get new hardware as if it costs nothing.
I am probably the most common age for a person who would play Invisible War at 19, and like most 19 year olds affording new hardware is easier said than done.

I'm sure that once I'm able to scrape up enough dough to get a nice video card I'll love the game, Deus Ex was honestly one of the best games I've ever played, I'd just about say THE best game.
I look forward to playing it.

Pooeypants
5th Dec 2003, 00:09
When you are playing Unreal 2, if you can get 60fpsav. at 1024x768 I'd eat my socks. Oh and try turning on AF and FSAA.

The mx cards are complete crap, I know because I owned one, well two infact.

It's not our fault you bought a PC with shoddy graphics card, and not the fault of the developer. Perhaps we should get them to make the game with the original Unreal 1 engine then we can all run it! No infact, I demand they make it so it can run on a 486...

Even if the game didn't demand PS, due to the crappy beta Unreal warfare engine it has, if your card is that many generations behind you'd get jerk-o-vision.

Face the facts and upgrade or...don't play the game...that simple.

Evldudprod
5th Dec 2003, 01:37
If I offended anyone with my last post, sorry, it wasn't my intention.
I can't say for certain that Unreal 2 gets 60 fps all the time, I really intended to say that it runs remarkably smooth on my system, with only a few slowdowns occasionally when entering a new graphically intense area.
I've played quite a few recently released games, and I can say that Unreal 2's "crappy beta" engine delivers some of the most stunning visuals I've seen yet. Not THE most, but pretty damn good nonetheless.

"Perhaps we should get them to make the game with the original Unreal 1 engine then we can all run it! No infact, I demand they make it so it can run on a 486... "

This wasn't what I intended to say at all. What I meant to say is I've seen games that use pixel shaders before, and they could be optionally turned off for people that couldn't use them.

This was my intended complaint, that I couldn't play the game because of one graphics feature that should be optional. I've seen that quite a few people feel the same way.

I have a powerful enough computer that just happens to have a semi-competent card that can handle most features.
(I still wish I knew why Nvidia relesed a GEforce4 weaker than GEforce3s anyways, to install on millions of computers)
Luckily I plan to upgrade soon once I can scrape the cash together.

I still believe my argument is a reasonable enough one, and if enough people tell about this problem maybe the developers might take some notice. I know that it's an unimportant non-issue for you folks that already have the best equipment and therefore find it pointless.

One last thing, I really don't intend to make any enemies with my posts, I respect the opinion of everyone here, but I feel my opinion is valid enough.

nowgetit
7th Dec 2003, 03:05
I have the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 video card. I am aware that the game does not support MX. However, if anyone has gotten the game to work with a "work around" with this video card, please advise.

Url Link is the error script I am recieving. http://www.csun.edu/~bjb40558/errorlog.htm

Macphisto
7th Dec 2003, 03:41
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=28812

thegrommit
7th Dec 2003, 16:52
Originally posted by Evldudprod
What I meant to say is I've seen games that use pixel shaders before, and they could be optionally turned off for people that couldn't use them.

Dumbing down the visuals to run on two year old hardware, that was obsolete when it was released, makes as much sense as dumbing down the gameplay for a console.

If you have a P4 2.53, why did you buy a GF4mx? That system is horribly unbalanced. It's unfortunate, but PC gaming requires research on the part of the buyer. If you don't have the time or inclination to do that research, there's always the X-Box.

This was my intended complaint, that I couldn't play the game because of one graphics feature that should be optional. I've seen that quite a few people feel the same way.

Who are you to determine this? Do you know what effects the pixel shaders are used for? Do you know the consequences of removing them? Developers are moving to pixel and vertex shading because it gives them access to better effects, not just because it pees you off.

Splicer
7th Dec 2003, 17:28
You guys with better hardware act like you've never seen a game with graphics settings.

Zoma
8th Dec 2003, 01:07
I won't put too much hope into the workaround, as the game will probably be unplayable. The game runs slowly on my GF3, which is slightly faster than a GF4 440 MX. With the GF4 MX emulating shading functions that my GF3 natively supports, I don't want to think about how it will run.

Pooeypants
8th Dec 2003, 22:50
Originally posted by Evldudprod
If I offended anyone with my last post, sorry, it wasn't my intention.
I can't say for certain that Unreal 2 gets 60 fps all the time, I really intended to say that it runs remarkably smooth on my system, with only a few slowdowns occasionally when entering a new graphically intense area.
I've played quite a few recently released games, and I can say that Unreal 2's "crappy beta" engine delivers some of the most stunning visuals I've seen yet. Not THE most, but pretty damn good nonetheless.

I said that DX2 runs with beta engine not Unreal 2...read what I typed.

"Perhaps we should get them to make the game with the original Unreal 1 engine then we can all run it! No infact, I demand they make it so it can run on a 486... "

This wasn't what I intended to say at all. What I meant to say is I've seen games that use pixel shaders before, and they could be optionally turned off for people that couldn't use them.

I have a powerful enough computer that just happens to have a semi-competent card that can handle most features.
(I still wish I knew why Nvidia relesed a GEforce4 weaker than GEforce3s anyways, to install on millions of computers)
Luckily I plan to upgrade soon once I can scrape the cash together.

I still believe my argument is a reasonable enough one, and if enough people tell about this problem maybe the developers might take some notice. I know that it's an unimportant non-issue for you folks that already have the best equipment and therefore find it pointless.

One last thing, I really don't intend to make any enemies with my posts, I respect the opinion of everyone here, but I feel my opinion is valid enough.
Yeah, so err, will this game work with a Voodoo 3? No? Are you kidding? :rolleyes:

ZeeLd
10th Dec 2003, 02:00
Ok look im really pissed right now... i been waiting for this game to come out ever sence the first one and now when i got it, and my damn video card ( NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 ) dont work on my new computer.... so.... IF ANYONE please have any way for this game to work on this card please tell me because IM NOT GOING TO WASTE MORE OF MY DAMN MONEY FOR NO VIDEO CARD. Thank you...

Macphisto
10th Dec 2003, 04:16
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=28812 (http://)