PDA

View Full Version : My Mouse wont work???

Stone Golem
2nd Dec 2003, 11:31
ok i just got the demo but my mouse wont work. It loads up to the Start screen and i can use the arrow keys to choose the different options but the mouse icon just stays in the middle of the screen, i can use the mouse wheel to move through the options aswell.

Anyone know whats wrong?
Im using
XP:HE,
P4 (180Ghz),
Nvidia GeForce3
with more than anuff memory.

Any one else had this problem? How did you solve it?

Hedge-o-Matic
2nd Dec 2003, 18:54
Go into the game itself. The mouse doesn't work in the menus (!).

Quillan
2nd Dec 2003, 20:31
Wrong. The mouse doesn't work in things like the hacking screen, where you have to use the scroll wheel or the up/down arrow keys to highlight an option and then press ENTER to select it, but it does work in the main menus for options/settings/new-save-load game, etc. If it's not working there, something is wrong. I have no idea what, though.

Hedge-o-Matic
2nd Dec 2003, 20:55
Actually, this is correct. I've been tweaking all morning, and my mouse suddenly works. I'm not sure why. My key bindings still won't, though. Strange.

Quillan
3rd Dec 2003, 05:49
Go into your folder, either My Documents or Documents and Settings, depending upon your operating system. There will be a sub folder called "Deus Ex - Invisible War Demo". In this folder you will find a user.ini file and a folder for your savegames to go in. This user.ini file is classed as read only, which is why the keybindings don't stay. Right click on the file, select properties, then uncheck the Read Only box, and then it should stick. There is another user.ini file in the main program directory where you installed the game, but changing that one doesn't make a difference.

dabysan
4th Dec 2003, 05:00
I installed and re-installed DX2 twice and the Mouse isn't responding at all. Arrow keys work, game seems to look fine, but I'm getting no response from the Mouse.

I've heard other people with Dells reporting similar problems with this game engine. I had a similar thing happen when I tried to load the Devestation demo a few months ago, but I didn't care enough to fix it.

This I need to fix.

Any suggestions?

I'm well over the system requirements....

Mr. Hankey
4th Dec 2003, 23:29
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to find a system file that will allow me to alter some of the settings, but no luck so far. The in game works fine for me (looking, etc.) but the mouse in the menu doesn't work at all.

Hankey