PDA

View Full Version : So TS2 is gathering dust.....

GST_10%
1st Dec 2003, 06:43
G'Day mates! I was wondering what long-time members think about TS2 now (or anyone who has owned TS2 for over 6 months) and whether ya still play the game or not.

Pick whatever best suits your situation.....

KittenCeleste
1st Dec 2003, 07:42
*raises paw* -Guilty..
Haven't played it in aaaages.. Used to live and breathe that game, but that was back in the hay days where I had such a thing called 'spare time' :eek:
I still think it's one of the best FPS games out there, and am still converting sceptics into fully fledged 'Splitters' :p Though sadly failing to draw them to these boards.. :(

Nevertheless, Kitten Celeste will reign for years to come ;)

Tijdsplijter
1st Dec 2003, 14:18
Well with discovering that TS2 online thing with that tunnel software ive been playing alot lately.

And incomplete challenges> i dont have em anymore, but i must say i played a lot less after the 66th plat.:)

Captin Snow
2nd Dec 2003, 03:10
Come to think of it, I've drifted far away from the game. I used to play it for hours on end, but now I'll play a few multiplayer matches every other week. :sigh: Sad really, but the TS2 will live on to be one of the best FPS ever!

questrobin
2nd Dec 2003, 08:24
Own the game for a year now and try to plat TS2 at least every day for an hour at least to improve my scores in Arcade and challenges for the german forumsranking (awesome) and www.ngc-elites.net

Robin

DrkSnpr14
8th Dec 2003, 14:19
I dont tend to play solo anymore, but as soon as I can get 3 friends over to play, the fun never ends! It's still loads of fun to go against other people, but it's to repetetive for me alone.

The Skeletor
17th Dec 2003, 18:01
We play it here quite a bit, when the kids bring thier buddys over, and of course I get the full screen and they are on split screen.

Thezombiemessiah
17th Dec 2003, 18:49
I've just "RE-discovered" the game...So i'm having fun re-doing all of the arcade and challenge modes, and making maps.

I have all of the awards, i just need to make them better (only 4 bronzes), and i have made a 5 level storymode game.

capt. Forestzombie
23rd Dec 2003, 12:49
Same goses here. I haven't been playing ts2 much until I discovered how to beat the atomsmasher level.

Lady_Jane_Lover
1st Jan 2004, 13:58
My TS2 file got corrupt on the memory card and its happened twice now so I gave up because I know if I go on again its just gonna get corrupt again. I still remember it though and I'd probably play it if I had a big group of mates around

DrkSnpr14
9th Jan 2004, 02:45
Originally posted by Lady_Jane_Lover
My TS2 file got corrupt on the memory card and its happened twice now so I gave up because I know if I go on again its just gonna get corrupt again. I still remember it though and I'd probably play it if I had a big group of mates around

What system are you using?

Thezombiemessiah
10th Jan 2004, 19:24
Originally posted by Metroid_DarkTim
A long time TS2 member ay? I think I'm one of them :confused:

I haven't played the game in a while, after finishing it completely - all missions, all difficulties, all platinums, all arcade awards [well to my knowledge anyway if there is 57 awards] and anything else that can be completed :p All of that took me an incredible amount of time to achieve! I guess I gained the endurance from playing Perfect Dark on the Nintendo 64 for two years ;)

Even though I do not play it currently, I have certainly not forgotten it! :)

How long did you play TS2 for? check the hours in the stats section...:D

the_internet_king
11th Jan 2004, 18:30
lol my play time is over 2 and a half days...

DrkSnpr14
11th Jan 2004, 22:03
Originally posted by the_internet_king

Me to!:D

NivekPS2
13th Jan 2004, 03:33
Originally posted by the_internet_king

hehe, mine is 6 days 0 hours 15 mins 25 secs
here is a few more stats for those who care:
insomnia: 1 days 12 hours 18 mins 55 sec
distance travelled: 1250.4 miles
total games: 1436
total kills: 27768
total losses: 6905
accuracy: 20%
heads knocked off: 2517
limbs detached: 1630
glass smashed: 8971
animal crualty: 6330
surf time: 2 days 4 hours 30 mins 35 secs
most kills without dying: 727
longest killing spree: 285
civilian casualties: 256

well, thats what counts anyway.

Kevin

questrobin
13th Jan 2004, 14:31
:D :D :D only 6 days?
I'm playing my 15th day;)

W.D.
15th Feb 2004, 20:02
8 days and 10 hours.
Do you get an award for killing splitters or spotting UFO's in story mode? I got 55 arcade awards now, how many are there?

Hupie
17th Feb 2004, 17:54
I'm getting the game tomorrow so I think for me it's just the beginning of my addiction (I hope so)...

DrkSnpr14
17th Feb 2004, 20:49
Originally posted by Hupie
I'm getting the game tomorrow so I think for me it's just the beginning of my addiction (I hope so)...

My friend, it has only just begun. The sleepless nights, the shakes, waiting to play the sweet godsend of a game again.:D OK, so it's not that bad:rolleyes: , but you will be hooked for quite some time. I don't think anyone who has played it isn't.

Da_1_with_the_gun
7th Mar 2004, 22:06
i only played for 22hours 55mins and only 35 awards.:(
ive had the game for 3weeks

Capt. Sand
11th Mar 2004, 21:10
This is my all time favourite PS2 game. The only bad thing about it was 3 memory card curroptings. The only game good enough to play through 4 times. Unfortunately i get bored playing it except on multiplayer.

DrkSnpr14
11th Mar 2004, 21:18
Originally posted by Capt. Sand
3 memory card curroptings.

:eek: My goodness! What rotten luck.

questrobin
12th Mar 2004, 08:27
Once in a while, I make a copy on an other memorycard;)

BothanSpy
15th Apr 2004, 23:56
I still play everyday. Several hours a day. As a matter of fact, I am about to go play it as soon as I get off the computer.

I have 100%. 65 plats (The only one I don't have is Playing With Fire, because of the glitch). Some awesome scores (1:16.9 on Can't Handle This :) ). But I always come back to it and try and improve.

ninty_loyal_padawan
9th May 2004, 17:42
time spltters 2 sucks. its boring as f**k to play now.
perfect dark had brilliant replay modes...

Sebastian Photon
10th May 2004, 02:04
if it sucks then why are you here. And how can you say it has bad replay? Arcade League and Challenge should eat up your time. And plus the multiplayer mode, and the extremely hard HARD MODE. Ts2 will never lose it's touch IMO.

ninty_loyal_padawan
10th May 2004, 13:09
ill tell you why i am here, its because i just saw the new screens of TS3 from IGN .com, so i thought there would be a big fuss going on here about it, but alas, everyone still talking about Ts2

i dont understand how you can say that hard mode is hard
ITS SO DAMN EASY
after playing goldeneye levels like control and cradle on 00 agent, this game is like a walk in the park, even on hard,
the arcade mode is not fun to play on your own once youve completed it. yes multiplayer is still good, but seriously i think the single player is just inferior to that of lets say, perfect dark. or even goldeneye when you tried to get all the cheats.

i dont think you have played goldeneye or perfect dark tbh

DrkSnpr14
10th May 2004, 19:33
:rolleyes:

That's because TS3 is from EA, not Eidos. These forums are made by Eidos, in case you didn't know, and TS3 talk is off topic here in the TIMESPLITTERS 2 forums. :rolleyes: