PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] LOKD plot related questions [Spoiler]

Crimson_Pain
1st Dec 2003, 01:25
Here's a few question for those who have finished LOKD

1. Given that Mortanius raise Kain from the dead using the Heart of Darkness and that because of this Kain was a unigue vampire, ie. he cannot pass the dark gift through "blood transfusion" but had to breathe part of his soul into them to turn them into vampires and his children (Raziel, Turel, Dumah...) also inherted this from Kain. So my question is how did Raziel, Turel, Dumah... create their children?! We didn't see any Razielim but we know they exist and Turelim, Dumahim... were all over the place i don't think it's possible for them to breathe their souls into all their children.

2. Ariel and the rest of the balance gardians were absorbed into the wraith blade during the time of blood omen, so does that mean Raziel never meet Ariel in SR1?!

3. Why didn't Mobi's staff have any effect on Kain (i know he didn't have the HOD) but he's still a vampire isn't he?! so why didn't have any effect on him?

4. The wraith blade healed Kain (my interpretation of this is that he is no longer corrupted) so why didn't this restore the Pillars?!

kakarot
1st Dec 2003, 02:43
I dont think Kain knows HOW to restore the pillars, yet. I wonder if the next series takes place in the era of SR1? The Hylden were set loose, so what, BO2 takes care of that issue. Janos is still in the demon demension. The reaver is pure, the scion is pure, and the next LOK chapter has been born.

:D

Crimson_Pain
1st Dec 2003, 02:53
no, i don't mean why didn't kain resort the Pillars i'm saying because he was the "last one standing", the only remaining corrupted guardian hence the reason why Raziel chased him back in time to kill him to resort the Pillars (well not really he did it out of hatred and desire for vengeance but that was his higher reason). Now that Kain is pure the Pillars should have chosen new guardians and be resort to their pristine form.

Or maybe it has been resorted but in the future timeline because the young Kain is still corrupted in the BO era

Sarah
1st Dec 2003, 03:01
1. Yes-Kain's children raised their own children, the same way that Kain raised them; I think this was officially answered shortly after the release of SR1, but am not sure...
2. Yes-she will not be present in SR1 any longer.
3. An interesting question-since Kain no longer has the part of him that made him vampiric, but his existence is sustained due to his being the Scion of Balance... just what the heck is Kain now? A demon? A being whose health is tied to the Balance of the land? What?
4. Old Kain (SR1 era Kain) is now pure; unfortunately, Young Kain (from BO1, and about to start off on BO2), has not been purified, so the Pillars remain corrupted. However, even if Young Kain had decided to sacrifice himself, that would have left only Humans in charge of the Pillars, weakening them, and allowing the Hylden and the Elder God to destroy them anyway.

Edit:sheesh, can't even keep track of my numbers!

Crimson_Pain
1st Dec 2003, 03:15
well i don't think it's possible for Kain's children to create so many of their own children that way.

And i never thought about Kain's health being tie to the land. But if this is the case shouldn't Kain be weaker now because Nosgoth is soo corrupted or on the other hand how powerful is he if his health and power are oppressed due to Nosgoth present state?!

kakarot
1st Dec 2003, 05:05
The pillars are tied to the health of the land, that much has been explained repeatedly. The guardian(s) of the pillar(s) are symbiotically bound with their respective pillar and to each other as guardians. If one suffers... they all suffer. No way around that... Kain was corrupted from birth!!! There is no way he could "thrive" while the world decays. Vampires grow more powerful with age. Raz would've been some bad vamp with wings had he not been tossed in the abyss.

Secret of God
7th Dec 2003, 03:38
Originally posted by Crimson_Pain
Here's a few question for those who have finished LOKD

1. Given that Mortanius raise Kain from the dead using the Heart of Darkness and that because of this Kain was a unigue vampire, ie. he cannot pass the dark gift through "blood transfusion" but had to breathe part of his soul into them to turn them into vampires and his children (Raziel, Turel, Dumah...) also inherted this from Kain. So my question is how did Raziel, Turel, Dumah... create their children?! We didn't see any Razielim but we know they exist and Turelim, Dumahim... were all over the place i don't think it's possible for them to breathe their souls into all their children.

2. Ariel and the rest of the balance gardians were absorbed into the wraith blade during the time of blood omen, so does that mean Raziel never meet Ariel in SR1?!

3. Why didn't Mobi's staff have any effect on Kain (i know he didn't have the HOD) but he's still a vampire isn't he?! so why didn't have any effect on him?

4. The wraith blade healed Kain (my interpretation of this is that he is no longer corrupted) so why didn't this restore the Pillars?!

I can only answer questions 1 and 3. Here goes:

1. The best thing that I can think of is that the Lt.'s breathed their souls into their children, and then those children breathed their souls into their children, etc... lol Not too sure about this one!

3. Moebius' staff did not have any affect on Kain because the staff affects a Vampire's heart. I think it gives them the rough-equivalent of a small heart attack. Kain sums it up best: "The part of me that your staff affected is no longer in its place."