PDA

View Full Version : Help me leave Break from Cragscleft Prison

Theonlysuezie@aol.com
28th Nov 2003, 23:25
I'm stuck in the end of Break from Cragscleft Prison
O.k. I didn't free Cutty, but I've got Basso, I'm where I began, but the level won't end. What's wrong?

Thanks,
Suezie

Gumdrop
28th Nov 2003, 23:29
Have you completed all other objectives?

theBlackman
28th Nov 2003, 23:32
Lik Gumdrop says: Hit "O" and check the objectives. If any except "take Basso out" are not XXXd you need to do that then:
Stolen from Lytha:
Swing Basso back on your shoulders, and enter the factory. With a good timing, you should be able to reach the first shadow infront of the first stairs without getting seen. Wait there, if necessary, until everyone has his back turned, and head up the stairs to the catwalk.

The room with the switches is a pain when slowed down as much as you are now, but it is possible to cross it without getting the attention of the 2 Hammerites. Use the shadow in the NE of the room to wait for a good moment to run.

Be careful not to be too noisy when you head down the stairs to the mines, and stay in the shadows when you leave the 'civilized' area and are heading to the sitting skeleton.

Run past the skeleton (if you are close to the right wall, you will not get hit by its skull), and head to the elevator. Drop Basso on the elevator platform, and press the button to the 3rd floor. Wave 'Goodbye' to the Zombies, and hurry out.

You did open the cell and "See" Cutty, did you not?

Theonlysuezie@aol.com
28th Nov 2003, 23:40
Guess it no longer matters as of right now. I downloaded the v1.33 patch and all saves are lost. Gotta start over from Bafford's Manor. Thanks to all though. :(

Suezie

theBlackman
28th Nov 2003, 23:44
Originally posted by Theonlysuezie@aol.com
Guess it no longer matters as of right now. I downloaded the v1.33 patch and all saves are lost. Goota start over from Bafford's Manor. Thanks to all though. :(

Suezie

For future reference: If you plan to re-install or otherwise make changes to your THIEF installation (update etc.) Open THIEF and COPY the SAVES folder to another place outside THIEF.

Then when the changes are made, COPY PASTE the contents of the one you saved, back into the SAVES folder in the THIEF folder.

This works with all versions, usually. If you start using DARKLOADER and playing FM's. Then do the same with the ALLSAVES folder as well as the SAVES folder. You will see these in the THIEF file/folder list.
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/9074.gif

LeatherMan
29th Nov 2003, 03:36
Guess it no longer matters as of right now. I downloaded the v1.33 patch and all saves are lost. Gotta start over from Bafford's Manor. Thanks to all though. :(

Suezie Don't play through Bafford's again now if you don't want to, you will play it again someday, I promise! ;)

Start Bafford's, hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift and press End to skip to the next level (the only problem with this method is that you won't get the loot from that mission to buy your next loadout). This works for all levels just don't cheat yourself out of a great game!

Gumdrop
29th Nov 2003, 04:07
...all saves are lost. Gotta start over from Bafford's Manor. Sounds like no great loss to me lass. Having to play Bafford's again? Check your clobber for silver lining! :D

Oh... and about "Theonlysuezie" thing. You might be the only "suezie", but there is only one "suzer" on this forum... thank god! :o :D

Welcome all the same. :)

netwave92
29th Nov 2003, 05:02
Don't worry suezie, Bafford's Manor is not hard. I make fun of it all the time when I get bored with other missions. :)

Theonlysuezie@aol.com
29th Nov 2003, 15:52
Thanks to everyone.

Suezie:) :rolleyes: ;) :D

Peter_Smith
7th Dec 2003, 02:50
Welcome to the forum, suesie.:) Is that the same as Suzie only spelled differently?

If your user name is your e-mail address, you may be better off to register again under a new name and let your e-mail address be revealed or hidden by normal user options (see User CP link at top of page).

EDIT: it looks like the forum administrator has disabled public display of e-mail addresses, so my statement above is not quite right.

As for your original question, the advice above is good. First satisfy all other objectives. Then carry basso all the way out to an outside exit. There are two outside areas that qualify, one where you started and the other in the mines not far from the factory entrance.

If you end Baffords immediately you will not have the loot carrry over to buy supplies at the loadout of Cragscleft. Depending on your skill, you may or may not need that.