PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Defiance similarities to...Angel?

Kain's right hand
27th Nov 2003, 20:36
Has anyone been wathcing Angel recently? I haven't seen it in a while and just started again recently because of the plot.

An ancient prophecy foretells the coming of a vampire savior. Sound familiar?

But that isn't the only similarity. Angel's old buddy/enemy, Spike (another vamp with a soul), died in the series finale of Buffy only to return as a ghost. He later takes form in the materiel world and now both Angel and Spike are trying to find out which one of them is the vampiric hero.

I don't think this could be plagarism, but there is definitely something going on here. Art imatating art mabye?

Morcilla
27th Nov 2003, 20:41
I hate pretty boy vampires.

God bless the LoK team for always making Nosgoth's vampires not such wusses.

L_Master562
27th Nov 2003, 21:19
...Dumahim, what do you consider them? Wuss would apply, would not it? They had no special powers besides long tongues. They were the easiest to kill but they lacked a clan leader so they have some reasons for being poor. I have to say Dumah himself wasn't such a push over though. Good for that.

CyclopS
28th Nov 2003, 00:00
I love to watch Angel, Good plot, Actors/Actresses. Great story, i watch Charmed, and Angel:D

Mrxknown
28th Nov 2003, 05:11
Actually Raziel isn't a ghost and Spike was in the Material World he just didn't have a body so to speak.

And the prophecy wasn't about a vampire savior it was of a vampire champion who would earn through saving the world would become human again.

Not to mention the vampire had to have a soul which only two vamps in Angel had them and every vamp has one in Nosgoth.

It was because of the two vamps having souls that one needed to become human since the whole universe couldn't handle having two vamps with souls.

Omega
28th Nov 2003, 15:33
Considering the new season of Angel was made after the outline for Defiance was created, it's highly unlikely.

I think your just grasping at straws... ;)

OugaBooga
28th Nov 2003, 17:01
Well,well,well,1 thing i KNOW isn't grasping at straws & thats LoK being copied over & over again by many many games.There are so many games that share GREAT resemblances to the features in LoK.Let it be known that i beleive LoK has in a way spawned it's own genre.Mark my words >> LoK has been FAR beyond it's time & WILL BE RECOGNIZED for it's work in the future as 1 of the MOST CLASSIC games EVER MADE !!!.Also there WILL BE a series of movies made after it like Tomb Raider has.
LoK is a GAMING LEGACY ! ! !

P.S i Strongly recommend combining the makers of Matrix & lord of the rings & timeline for the making of a LoK movie.This in my opinion would be MOST spectacular;)

Mrxknown
5th Dec 2003, 00:47
Originally posted by OugaBooga
Well,well,well,1 thing i KNOW isn't grasping at straws & thats LoK being copied over & over again by many many games.There are so many games that share GREAT resemblances to the features in LoK.Let it be known that i beleive LoK has in a way spawned it's own genre.Mark my words >> LoK has been FAR beyond it's time & WILL BE RECOGNIZED for it's work in the future as 1 of the MOST CLASSIC games EVER MADE !!!.Also there WILL BE a series of movies made after it like Tomb Raider has.
LoK is a GAMING LEGACY ! ! !

P.S i Strongly recommend combining the makers of Matrix & lord of the rings & timeline for the making of a LoK movie.This in my opinion would be MOST spectacular;)

I just hope it won't be a CGI wonder and that everything blends in unlike Ep. 1 SW. & Matrix II